Professor of Finance on 9/11/2001 insider trading

Post questions or suggestions here.
integral

Professor of Finance on 9/11/2001 insider trading

Post by integral »

Allen Poteshman, a Professor of Finance @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign wrote a research paper in 2006 entitled 'Unusual Option Market Activity and the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001.'

Check out this excerpt from the paper's abstract:
"An indicator of long put volume, however, appears to be unusually high which is consistent with informed investors having traded in the option market in advance of the attacks."

The full paper is available on his website: http://www.business.uiuc.edu/poteshma/
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: Professor of Finance on 9/11/2001 insider trading

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Can you do a more direct link to the paper? All I see on there is the guy's bio and upgrade offers.

Other than that, from 1990-2000, the market was extremely bullish, and in the late 90's, Greenspan was making all kinds of noises about how the market was overextended and to look for a major pullback. From about 4/99 to 9/01, the market was trading mostly flat with a slight bearish bias, and the market was in a steep decline from 5/31/01 on, so leap puts would have been a wise investment for the timeframe. 9/11 would have been just a major boon to anyone who already had puts.

This is not evidence of a conspiracy, this was just a coincidence. Ironically, if someone was targeting to collapse the American financial market, they instead provided a huge bonus to the investors who knew what they were doing and were in the market at the time. If terrorists wanted to financially punish investors, they would have waited for a strong bull market.
integral

Post by integral »

Elizabeth: Click on the Research link--it's the fourth paper down.

Also, in your post you refer to the stock market in general. However, the paper that Poteshman wrote focuses just on the abnormally high level of put option buying on two companies: American Airlines and United Airlines.
integral

Post by integral »

Two professors from the University of Zurich have just released their own study on 9/11 insider trading.
See: http://www.911blogger.com/node/11728
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

You cant "prove" anything with statistics. What this, and so many other posts raising questions has done however, is leading to increasing calls for some kind of legal proceeding where those who claim to know something can present their credentials and be sworn in to testify under oath and penalty of perjury about what they say, and submit what they think if "evidence".

The supporters of the official 911 report is correct: there is no evidence. You cannot *have* evidence without a legal proceeding.

Politics has always involved a degree of deception. People cant really handle the truth. They are not sane enuf; that's why they rely on religion. But "religion" is breaking down. I saw a preacher this morning speak of "made up religions" that are going on now, as if his own religion was true because it was made up so long ago. That he gets away with this fallacy is evidence of just how pathological the masses are.

Trying to keep a lid on it all without having it just blow up into civil unrest is going to be tricky.
Goddess made sex for company.
integral

Post by integral »

Daybrown: yeah I agree that politics has always involved a degree of deception. Regarding people not being able to handle the truth, this has became very apparent to me with 9/11--the average person has so much psychological resistance that they attack you for just raising questions.

I think there is tremendous fear around the issue...the possibility that it was a false-flag attack is terrifying.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

integral wrote:Daybrown: yeah I agree that politics has always involved a degree of deception. Regarding people not being able to handle the truth, this has became very apparent to me with 9/11--the average person has so much psychological resistance that they attack you for just raising questions.

I think there is tremendous fear around the issue...the possibility that it was a false-flag attack is terrifying.
The laws of physics took a holliday on 911 and no one noticed....
Lol... keep digging... 911 is not the most amazing thing... the most amazing thing is why people can't/dont want to see the obvious.

Took me a long time to figure it out... here is a hint.. turn off the tv.

ps. Damn it i thought geniuses here have already figured it all out :(
Might write a post on the whole thing latter on ... gah!

Edit: old news, but meh.. :p This is a good start for 911 reserch = legit site...

Edit2: This is a good theory on the Why: David Icke on mind control
Last edited by hsandman on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

I never voted for Kennedy. I thot he was too slick, and lotsa people know Mayor Daley gave him IL just like Jeb gave FL to his brother. I looked forward to Goldwater running against JFK, but realized as soon as I heard, that he would not have a chance against the corruption of LBJ, which was even worse.

But at the time, I was free to think what I wanted. I was a dishwasher, and nobody cares what a dishwasher thinks. I didnt have a career on the line, and didnt have a career on the line 9/11/01 either, so even tho I saw the same TV, I remembered how it lied about what Goldwater was saying, and could see it was making stuff up about 911 as well.

But most people made much more money than I did, and going along with what they thot others thot was an important way to keep doing that. But now I notice, that as people retire, they suddenly wake up to the facts, and come out of the Jewish media closet to say what they knew was going on. Now that they're on Social Security, and a career is no longer on the line.

It should be abundantly clear, that as more boomers retire, they will break free of the group think, and this whole 911 thing will swell and open like a festering boil on the body politik. And if there is any economic crisis, it'll blow up over nite. Note, I am not talking about what I'd like to see, but what we will see whether we like it or not just because this is the way group think works.

Cui bono? After you are no longer a member of the team at work, it pays to wake up from their delusions.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

People are so brain washed <-"sic." that they have lost (?) capacity for independant thought or rational judgement -> Educated docile cattle :(... Human race enslaved.

Here is intersting link... The real-real world

Every thing you think you know baby, is wrong. (Garbage - It's all over, but the crying)
It's just a ride.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Yes, the government is completely corrupt in a dozen different ways.

Now what?
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

The most likely extrapolations from where we appear to be is the dissolution of the Untied States of Denial back down to at least the independent states, with some of them fracturing further. Either that, or Hillary will be given draconian power to keep the empire somewhat together.

The Goldwater fiscal conservatives made a disastrous deal with the social conservatives thinking the fanatics would help them control spending. we now have a defacto one party system that will only grow more united as the greed for power pushes them into group think. =*IF*= Hillary can convince the global financial markets to just hang in there, she will use draconian power to bring deficit spending under control.

But her & Bill's powers of persuasion may not suffice if a global panic starts, and the upshot of that will be the several states seceding from the union and thereby freeing themselves of the taxes to support an obsolete military industrial complex just like the Baltic Nations did to the USSR.

If there's a run on the dollar, what will the president, be it Bush or Hillary, have to pay the troops with? Nice lithographs of dead presidents. When Caesar pushed aside the Roman senate, he did so just coming back from a *successful* war taking over Gaul, and he had real gold and silver to pay *his* troops with. All the Senate had was their own lard ass sons.

When this *equstrian* class organized a cavalry in all its finery to attack, Caesar armed a bunch of teenage boys (peltasts) with darts telling them to "just aim for their faces". They fled like rabbits.

So- in like manner, Bush has (ab)used the National guards in Iraq, and used up a lot of their equipment. Thus it was that last spring Arkansas Gov. Beebee said the state would take over the cost of refitting the troops, but that that equipment could not leave the state without his permission. To the wide approval of the Arkansas voters. Other states are re-organizing state militias to guard their own borders since the federal government cannot do the job.

Go to CNN.com or wherever to look at the list of Iraq war dead. 80% of the population lives in the big metro areas, but comprise only 30% of the deaths. Small towns and rural areas nobody ever heard of have taken 25% of the hits despite being only 2-3% of the total population. If there's an economic crisis, these troops in the areas which grow food will know how to defend their own interests, and decide for themselves who has the skills and sanity that they want, leaving the rest, raised on junkfood, to die without it.

For some years now, my hillbilly friends have been saying we are at that awkward time when it is too late for them to fix things, but still too early to drag the bastards out to be shot. I dunno, but suspect that if that time comes, it will do so over nite given the speed of electronic communications.

If the power elites are to save their own asses, they will need a figure like Hillary- who never used her position to enrich herself or her friends, to redistribute the wealth of the nation in a more rational way. The recall of imperial troops will result in lots of violent struggles attempting to take over gold & diamond mines, oil & gas fields, or other such critical resource bases. But for all that, North America does have enuf of the essential resources, without any foreign imports, to get by for a while while they work out what to do next.

Another thing we can expect is wide spread abandonment of the Levantine religions, which always preached peace, but used their definition of god as an excuse for exploitive wars. These religions have always closely allied themselves with the power elites, and will therefore go down with them. Both scripture, and corporate media will be discredited, whether Hillary takes over, in which case it will be more gradually replaced by the blogs, or rapidly in a devolution back to smaller units of government. Utah will no doubt see lots of Mormons show up, and then we get to see whether a buncha zealots can run an economy.

The "what now?" really depends on who you are, and where you think there are more people who share your values. If you are a minority, you can expect to be scapegoated; but if in a homogeneous population, then you can expect people to pull together looking for real solutions.
Toban

Post by Toban »

DHodges wrote:Yes, the government is completely corrupt in a dozen different ways.
False-flag terror is a much higher level of corruption than the average man is aware of.
DHodges wrote:Now what?
Inform the masses. Only when people are mad as hell is there gonna be a chance of returning integrity to government. And Ron Paul needs to be be elected to strike at the heart of the oligarchy - the FED.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

daybrown: Very nice post. Makes sense, I think Hillary will replace bush that is the kind of tactic the neo-con think tank would come up with, but...

Can you factor in another false flag operation in... say America - this time nuclear (dirty bomb or somesuch) and frame Iran?
I have noticed a lot of dirt being slung in that direction... same as they did with Iraq etc.etc.etc.

They are also working on the internets freedom of expression... It is not enough that they are monitoring everything that goes on on the net.. they are starting to tighten the grip on it as well. I am sure there are some small red flags going off about this site too ;)

I have noticed lots of "damage control" going on the net recently.. sites disappearing.. vids being pulled off... etc.etc.

www. is being reorganized slowly and there are rumors about complete restructure of the internet as we know it.

The only solutions I have come up with are:

0) turn off the tv
1) convince 2 more people and make them convince 2 more...
2) oppose gun control
3) stack up on ammo
4) be vigilant

This all sounds too crazy, and besides it is not going to work anyway :(

They have us by the balls. This is a good theory on the Why: David Icke on mind control

Lies, more lies
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

The only mind control to worry about is your own sanity. To be sure, there may be efforts to control the way sheeple think, but that control interferes with the innovation needed to profit in the global economy. If you want better control over your own thinking, avoid high fructose corn syrup. Drink real fruit juice, tea, and even coffee.

When the MDR was first calculated, there were seven known neurotransmitters; there's now over 150. To one degree or other, they are involved in laying down new neural pathways during learning, and it is trace minerals (iron, copper, zinc, manganese, boron, etc) and micronutrients in organic soils that are absorbed by the veggies that provided them all thru the long history of hominid evolution. Until agribusiness took over and produced veggies and grains with Nitrogen, Phosphorus, & Potash. [that's a period]

I'd tell everyone to do this, but they aint here, are busy watching TV sell them shit to eat. Given the way they are, I can see where they *need* some mind control. But from what i can see of the global situation, its too chaotic for there to be an effective master plan.

The EU and US have been playing goodcop/badcop with Iran. The leaders no longer fear invasion, but they do have the problem of bunker busters with their names on them. The arrogance of the Iranian leadership has created plenty of opposition who would rat on where they are. But the *issue* helps distract Americans from looking more closely at what Bush has done in that region. The alpha males on both sides need each other to create the fear that empowers them. Like the drugwar, they dont want to win it, they want to milk it. And they dont actually have to go to war to do that.

I dont think there will be another falseflag event. 911 is already breaking down as people who were in a position to know something retire, and now, no longer having a career at risk, are coming out of the bureacratic closets to say what they think they know. But the Dems wont impeach, for that would create a GOP candidate who could run from the Oval Office with some credibility.

No tyranny, in all of history, survived without control over the flow of information. But crashing the net at this point, would crash the economy and political system as well. But whether they do that out of stupidity, or some saboteurs do, there is a fall back system you can use if you still have a 56k dialup modem, preferably a real modem that works with Linux or DOS, and not a 'winmodem'. Windows may have a virus problem.

Perhaps you noticed that you can both talk and listen at the same time on a phone. For the FBI bugs, this was no problem cause they could tell from the timber of the voice who said what. But modems sound *egzactly* alike, and now they cant tell. Its all white noise. But your modem knows what it said, and can subtract that from the noise to determine what the remote said.

The output can be ported to text files, email just like this, or even ported to the sound card and sound like a normal phone conversation that absolutely, positively, can never be bugged. You should be able to get a real modem online for 10$. You can also download the latest DR-DOS operating system and terminal communications software to boot a system off a floppy, and not leave any trace of your online activity on a hard drive for anyone to look at later. I think the Knoppix CD rom will do the same. The BBS software is also free for download if you want to setup a host that operates like a website.

I usta dial up EXEC-PC in Milwaukee for a 4 minute long distance phone call to down load my email every day, and get about 2 hours worth of postings like this. SO- that works as long as the telephone system does. Now, if its really bad, and the grid goes down, there's one more fall back system.

People in some rural areas already own solar panels, and there's a new, cheaper more powerful design hitting the market. You could use that to power a PC with a HAM transmitter and do packet radio. But you could also hook up the modem to a "phone patch", which ports the signal from the modem to a transmitter microphone and and radio receiver. And go long distance wireless. With tuned antennas on each end, like 50 miles on 20 watts. Never mind whether the satellites are still working like I am on now.

There is too much technology out in too many hands for any government to be able to control it, and even if there is total anarchy, some places will stay organized enuf to maintain wireless communications, both local and long range. YMMV depending on where you are. The worst case armageddonite scenario is not going to be like that everywhere.

Lastly, there are innovative ways to win in the Moslem world. Remember Vallerie? If I was Joe, I would not be asking about who she slept with, just be grateful for the times she did with me. Its an ancient craft that was well known in Central Asia before the rise of Mohammet. The rise of STDs put a damper on it, but that can be handled now with modern technologies like safe sex. Anyone who has seen the "Girls Gone Wild" documentaries knows that America has enuf sluts that we could be making far better use of.

Were we to set them up in Baghdad, and had white girls fucking those sand niggers, the girls would be able to find out where every weapons cache and terrorist in town was within month. The men'd forget everything Mohammet promised them about virgins in the next life for hot pussy now. Can Bush come up with this? I dont *think* so. Can Hillary? Ah... well, she has spent time in Hot Springs. And when you look carefully at history, you see that queens have often done stuff like this.

What would all the GOP politicians say if we snatched up all the hookers and shipped them to Iraq?