Why is concealed carry illegal in universities in America?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

I agree with Scott on the molestation. That's been my suspicion since I looked at "Richard McBeef." Could be wrong, but it seems to add up.
I live in a tub.
Faust

Post by Faust »

sschaula wrote:A conspiracy is the first thing that came to my mind when I read about the boy scout uniform and maroon beret. But it's an idiotic theory, both for this and Columbine. The first link you gave, the mother is mentally ill and misinformed. The second link has to do with anti-Zionist conspiracy theorists. Both I can't take seriously.

How is the mother mentally ill? How is she misinformed huh?? Why don't you give some evidence and arguments first instead of spewing speculative shit. Did you even bother reading that whole page and listening to the video clips?

If you haven't seen the Zionist influence that exists in american politics than you're also misinformed. US sends billions of dollars to Israel, all taxpayer money. 9/11? Created by Israeli and Mossad agents... 19 hijackers? Hah, 5 of them are alive and had to say so to avoid confusion, the rest are all stolen identities. You think Osama would use identities of SAUDIS to cover his tracks?? Seems too conspicous to me..

Arabs jumping on the streets and laughing in US about 9/11? Hahahah, they were ISRAELIS and 2 of them were agents. What happens? They get sent back to israel without investigation. HAHAHAH, your country has sold you out a long time ago buddy, wake up and smell the rats.
Amor fati
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I'll admit to being absolutely stupid long before admitting that you're not.

This isn't the thread where we discuss 9/11.
- Scott
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Faust13 wrote:How is she misinformed huh?? Why don't you give some evidence and arguments
I worked in hospitals for a number of years. There are no "special government lines" that go into hospitals like the mother claimed.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Haven't looked at the links, but lemme guess... Jews did Columbine?

(And yes, I know Eric Harris was part Jewish. You know what I mean).
I live in a tub.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Faust13 wrote:How is she misinformed huh?? Why don't you give some evidence and arguments
I worked in hospitals for a number of years. There are no "special government lines" that go into hospitals like the mother claimed.
which clip was this in?
Amor fati
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

Well when I read that he always wrote a question mark on his papers instead of his name, even I was freaked out. They don't allow us to be creative like that here at our uni. I would go for the four dimensional square to represent me, but clearly Cho had even more identity issues than that. I agree, he may have been molested. Something was very wrong. I also read that he had a problem with rich kids.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Faust13 wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
which clip was this in?
Faust13 wrote: don't be so fooled, look closer. EVERYONE read these, the more information the better..

http://www.erichufschmid.net/Columbine-DonnaTaylor.html

http://www.iamthewitness.com/
The first one, about 1/3 the way down the page:
Donna Taylor says the hospital received a phone call on a special government phone line. The caller warned the hospital that there would be a shooting in a couple hours at a school.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

"Donna Taylor took the psychiatric drugs for one year after the shooting. She complained the drug would make her hallucinate."
- Scott
Orasis

Post by Orasis »

Jamesh wrote:I'd like to see 3 or 4 more of these events before the next election.

The US gun lobby needs to be beaten into submission by outraged ordinary people making their politicians do something about this. I'm sure once the gun lobby was defiantly stood up to then you'd find they were not as powerful as imagined.
Perhaps next we can blame the automotive lobby for all of the vehicule related death, sure, if we can blame the makers of guns for the actions of the consumers than we can indeed sue every enterprise and small business on earth for everything a consumer does with their products. (I cannot wait to sue BMX for the scar on my leg!!!)

I hope you realize that the "gun lobby" or the "gun manufacturers" have nothing to do with what nutcases do with their products.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Not quite true. By making the product available, the manufacturers must assume some responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

I'm not in favor of radical gun control (or radical gun freedom), but nobody is exempt from their role in the causal chain.
I live in a tub.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I disagree with that. Lets say we get rid of guns. Next there will be kitchen knives used to commit murder...should the knifemakers say sorry because of nothing they did?

These things are tools. Inanimate objects.
- Scott
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

I don't think gunmakers should apologize or even stop making guns. I just think that people shouldn't pretend that making the product available plays no role whatsoever in how the product is used. The product cannot be misused if it doesn't exist. The same is true of knife-makers or the makers of anything that can be used for murder, as you point out, but you have to admit that there's a big difference in how often those products are used to kill and the efficiency they allow. Guns aren't responsible for murder, but they do make it a hell of a lot easier and more convenient. The manufacturers are creating a product which makes murder more efficient, and they are well aware of how some of their products will be used. I think that gun manufacturers and advocates should be honest about this, instead of resorting to self-serving slogans which deny any responsibility.
I live in a tub.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Well, I can agree with that. Hopefully no one takes this as me saying I agree with gun control, though.
- Scott
Orasis

Post by Orasis »

Unidian wrote:Not quite true. By making the product available, the manufacturers must assume some responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

I'm not in favor of radical gun control (or radical gun freedom), but nobody is exempt from their role in the causal chain.
Nonsense, if that were to be the reality than all products would be liable for the harm that they have and possibly could have caused to humans.

This would make the manufacturers of BMX responsible for my scraped knee and the maker of my car + the dealer responsible for paying my insurance and hospital costs --- and those of the victim if I were to get myself into an accident.

And please, keep in mind that cars kill way more people than guns do. Actually so does electricity and water, perhaps we should hold the utilities responsible for those "mishaps" also.

Obviously they know that electricity is dangerous and will kill people fairly quickly, but alas no one complains about that lobby! :)

Utter nonsense.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Well some guns ARE made for killing people....
- Scott
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Utter nonsense.
Nah, you're just being an ideologue. A reasonable person can see that guns have a lot more to do with the intended purpose of killing people than things like electricity and paper plates. Your argument is unreasonable and simple-minded. It's the sort of specious argument used by the NRA despite much better arguments for second amendment rights being available.
I live in a tub.
Faust

Post by Faust »

sschaula wrote:
"Donna Taylor took the psychiatric drugs for one year after the shooting. She complained the drug would make her hallucinate."

what's your point?
Amor fati
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Do sane people take psychiatric drugs?
- Scott
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

In some cases, yes. There's a difference between something like Prozac for depression and a shot of Thorazine for severe psychosis. "Sanity" is not a clearly-defined term, but the majority of people on psychiatric drugs lead relatively normal lives.
I live in a tub.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I'm not sure what she took. Regardless, that isn't the only reason why I think she was mentally ill...
- Scott
Elizabeth Isabelle

sschaula wrote:Do sane people take psychiatric drugs?
Some people are only sane when they take psychiatric drugs.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I hope you're joking. That kind of thing isn't portrayed over the net easily. In case you arent' - those people are classified as insane.
- Scott
Elizabeth Isabelle

When I was working in a public mental health facility, many of my clients were first discovered to be in need of psychiatric medication by the prison psychiatrist. Some of these people were put away for some pretty violent crimes, but once they were put on medication, they were perfectly decent and functional people who were embarrassed at their behavior from before they were put on medication.

Closer to here, take a look at the earliest posts Trevor made when he signed up for GF. He will tell you himself that off medication, especially after a period of not sleeping, he is not sane. Yet on medication, he is quite sane.

A person is or is not what they are or are not (based on their manifestations) at the present moment. Having to add chemicals to the body to match or approximate the chemical composition of other bodies is irrelevant to the finished product of the balanced individual. Some people, like Trevor, need to be on continual medication to keep in balance. No big deal, all of us need to be on pretty continual food and fluids to keep in balance, and some people need to be on insulin because their own bodies don't make that chemical like other people's bodies do. Other people like me need to go on medication when we get too far out of balance - just like sometimes someone in an accident needs a blood transfusion. It is irrelevant to the final product where the components came from - it is only important that the right components are there.
Katy

Post by Katy »

uh... guys? Sane isn't a medical term, it's a legal term that means "knew right from wrong"
-Katy