Post questions or suggestions here.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Gee, I hope Jack Bauer will still be around in 2012...
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Transcix wrote:
A big mission of mine is also to help evolve the universe at large in a healthier direction, to ever so slightly change the vector of evolution for the better :)
By giving evil a chance? No thanks. The Universe isn't interested. Morality is man working together. Evil is mankind turning on itself, just like satan wants. Satan hates man out of jealousy.
Transcix

Post by Transcix »

God asked Satan to be Satan... you make it sound like I'm helping the conspiracy, but really you are.
Nothing is sacred!
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Transcix wrote:God asked Satan to be Satan... you make it sound like I'm helping the conspiracy, but really you are.
You're the one preaching the necessity of tolerance for evil.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

I'm still a-waitin' for 1984 and Big Brother to appear.

2012 and the Mayan followers will need to travel down there for enlightenment and the big day.

Nostradamus tossed a few needles in the haystack, too.

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Tomas wrote:I'm still a-waitin' for 1984 and Big Brother to appear.

2012 and the Mayan followers will need to travel down there for enlightenment and the big day.

Nostradamus tossed a few needles in the haystack, too.

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

He's here. As you well know.

The Council on Foreign Relations
The World Bank
The World Trade Organization
Theosophy
Noahidism
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Millipodium
We can know evil conceptually without tolerating it in our lives. Just like we can understand the dangers of fire without torching ourselves.
That is a very shallow thought. If we had no understanding of excess heat it would be hard to take seriously. Everyone has had the experience of things too hot, and perhaps seen someone burned. If we knew evil only conceptually, but lived in a situation where evil had never been seen or heard by anyone, but was just some funny idea, it might be that we would of course say that evil was not something we wanted - although we would have no experience of having anything other than safety, bliss and so on. But that does not make us anything other than innocent, characterless beings, who, in a crisis, would be utterly useless, because inexperienced and untried. You wouldn't even know if you could trust them.

Only those who have chosen the good are good. Only those who have understood good and evil can choose. Evil must be known, like Adam knew Eve.

Are you a Christian?
Truth is a pathless land.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

You're an idiotic tool. Maybe to understand nuclear radiation you better go get a thousand x-rays without adequate protection for your nads.
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

You apparently didn't understand.
Truth is a pathless land.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

millipodium wrote:Morality is man working together. Evil is mankind turning on itself, just like satan wants. Satan hates man out of jealousy.
People who believe in Satan are evil.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Dan Rowden wrote:
millipodium wrote:Morality is man working together. Evil is mankind turning on itself, just like satan wants. Satan hates man out of jealousy.
People who believe in Satan are evil.
Manichean Dualist Experientialists who think evil must be valued and understood by participation are evil.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Nah, they're just naive. They're only borderline evil.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Dan Rowden wrote:Nah, they're just naive. They're only borderline evil.
What happened to our resident Sethian light worker? lol. Where do you get these people?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

I think Dan scared him away with his tin foil hat.
Transcix

Post by Transcix »

Image[/img]

Heeheehee... no, actually, I was busy with the holidays... and more worrisomely, I seem to have misplaced an important text of mine, LOL... I'm looking for it.. at worst I can scour some discussion forums I posted it on, it's bound to turn up somewhere :P
Nothing is sacred!
Tomas

Jack Bauer

Post by Tomas »

BMcGilly07 wrote:Gee, I hope Jack Bauer will still be around in 2012...
Don't bet the farm on it.

He has drinking issues which (will) lead to .. perpetual reruns on the Cartoon Channel.

Though, he has a nifty cabin hideaway in Montana. But then, don't all the tinfoil liberals of Hollywood?
Don't run to your death

Re: 2012

Post by 1456200423 »

Gosh... Where did the time go? wow. :-)
So... where is Daybrown?

veritas odium parit
Tomas

Daybrown

Post by Tomas »

1456200423 wrote:Gosh... Where did the time go? wow. :-)
So... where is Daybrown?

Carl chased him off. He would spoof (over and over and over again) Daybrown's writing style so he just moved on ;-(

He can still be PM'd
Don't run to your death

Re: 2012

Post by 1456200423 »

Tomas wrote: Carl chased him off. He would spoof (over and over and over again) Daybrown's writing style so he just moved on ;-(

He can still be PM'd
I surmise, without Daybrown to pester Carl got bored and left too? That's too bad. :-(
Despite being somewhat of a windbag, Daybrown had some interesting insights and was well read.
veritas odium parit