Post questions or suggestions here.
Matt Gregory

Vivek - Homeless Prophet

Post by Matt Gregory »

What do you guys think of this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8BdRNVnEI
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

I babbled like this, but for hours on end, until I induced a nervous breakdown in my friend. At the end of the conversation he kept yelling at me, at the top of his lungs "WHAT IS TRUTH?!". He couldn't accept my silence. I've since learned to keep a lid on it.

He might "keep it short," which he keeps attempting to do, but for his lonesomness and need for companionship he prattles on.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Vivek got it. I could see in his face that he recognized the mistake of telling these guys the Truth as soon as they started the "high five" stuff. Its sad that such morons had to be the ones to interview him, but it was quite a reminder of the nature of a sort of people that I have not seen in a long time who really are not ready for the Truth. Because of that, I'm glad that he did not have the chance to fully explain the third step. It would have morons like this pulling some really stupid stunts.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Bryan, I don't think it was lonliness. It was that he recognized the kids were not getting it, and that the little bit of knowledge that he had given them was more dangerous than their ignorance, so he was trying to do damage control against deaf ears.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Bryan, I don't think it was lonliness. It was that he recognized the kids were not getting it, and that the little bit of knowledge that he had given them was more dangerous than their ignorance, so he was trying to do damage control against deaf ears.
it cut off at 13 minutes for me. No idea why. He was just starting to say that we had "always been" - which is one of those phrases that sorta makes me nervous - but I didn't get to find out if he was going somewhere good with it or not.

At any rate, I did sense some lonliness in the fact that he kept talking way after he said he wasn't going to...
-Katy
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

New Age moron.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Dan Rowden wrote:New Age moron.
Is "New Age" being presented all that differently in Austrailia? I didn't see anything New-Agey about this guy except the concept of Love being interwoven in the fabric of Reality.

Is that one difference between his concept and yours enough to cast him into the "pit" of being a moron? Are you so perfect that anyone who differs at all in their path from the path you have chosen is wrong? If so, why have you not defended your position on beer in the Intoxicants and Philosopy thread?

I know that sometimes I test your limits my dear friend, and I know you are a very strong being, but I also know you have much more strength than you are accustomed to using. I hope for answers from you.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Elizabeth, you have misread my post. Whatever degree of his "getting it" was, I don't care one way or the other. However, I think it was his loneliness and want of contact that had him literally force-feeding his pearls to these swine. He seems interesting, but since he could not judge these fools at first glance it leads me to believe he has the depth of a book and a few flashes. A sage knows when to keep quiet. He was reaching out to these punks with a camera, out of some basic need to communicate: out of loneliness. He is like a bee doing the pollen dance before two ordinary flies. A sage would have dismissed them at first glance, and should they have probed him further he would have extended the paw instead of the hand.

He seems like an academic who has been "tuning in, turning on and dropping out" for a couple of decades. Ah, you have dragged a judgement out of me anyway.
Elizabeth Isabelle

I agree Bryan, that a perfect sage would not have made the initial mistake. He is not continually concious, but he recognizes that within himself. He has only had flashes of insight (and as you said, much book-learning), and memory of these things.

I think he bubbles over with the intoxication of his brushes with Truth like born-again Christians bubble over with their new-found beliefs (despite that his beliefs are not new-found to him). Ask any born-again Christian the simplest of questions about their beliefs, and you could be there for hours. That is not lonliness, that is overexuberance. He has yet to attain serenity of Oneness.

**edit**
I also doubt he has learned the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility. By "seventh realm" I refer to his term - I personally view it as a continuum.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:I think he bubbles over with the intoxication of his brushes with Truth like born-again Christians bubble over with their new-found beliefs (despite that his beliefs are not new-found to him). Ask any born-again Christian the simplest of questions about their beliefs, and you could be there for hours. That is not lonliness, that is overexuberance. He has yet to attain serenity of Oneness.
You may be right; and it may be a case of a little of column A and a little of column B.
I also doubt he has learned the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility. By "seventh realm" I refer to his term - I personally view it as a continuum.
What does it mean to learn the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility? Can you clarify what is meant here?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Bryan McGilly wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:I also doubt he has learned the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility. By "seventh realm" I refer to his term - I personally view it as a continuum.
What does it mean to learn the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility? Can you clarify what is meant here?
When he was talking about the seventh realm, full control over every atom and being able to pooof out of existence, he was talking about the stage of pure perfection - you know, the Jesus walking on water stuff.

In another thread, Katy mentioned about it being easier to follow a path if you know where you are going. That is the purpose of knowing the realm of Possibility, even though it is impossible for a mere human (and I'll even go so far as to equate this with the human of the "human realm") to achieve. Perhaps a sura could achieve this (or perhaps not really), but it is a perfection that is a goal to aim for, knowing how distant of a goal it is.

The tool portion of it being that allowing nothing short of absolute perfection to be the goal, there is no psychological barrier to whatever one's true limits are. Like breaking the three minute mile record. It was "understood" that no human could run faster than a three minute mile. As soon as one person did it, many others shortly followed. It was a psychological barrier. Even if a person can not "poof" out of existence by having control over every atom of his body, believing that he can eliminates psychological barriers to achieving the true limits of potential.
Blair

Post by Blair »

^another New Age Moron.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:New Age moron.
Is "New Age" being presented all that differently in Austrailia? I didn't see anything New-Agey about this guy except the concept of Love being interwoven in the fabric of Reality.
I couldn't listen to him past 7:00 minutes. If you stop and listen to the shit he speaks between 6:00 and 7:00 minutes, you'll know why I have dismissed him.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

It depends. If he came up with the joke and then decided to become a homeless man so he could tell it properly, it would be pretty courageous of him. If he's just milking the homelessness for as many jokes as he can, it's stupid.

Either way, Diogenes was more impressive.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Dan, that's what I meant when I said:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:I also doubt he has learned the differences in the tool of believing the possibility of the seventh realm of Possibility.
You jetted out just before he got to the good stuff.

**edit**
Okay, he called it seventh Chakra, not seventh realm... it's still philosophical meatloaf like what the QRS does, but he just added more ingredients.
Last edited by Elizabeth Isabelle on Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Are you the good stuff?

I'm all ears.
Elizabeth Isabelle

prince wrote:Are you the good stuff?

I'm all ears.
Hehe, I'm just an IQ genius. Just add philosophy and you get instant sagette. (just kidding)
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

I liked him.
Truth is a pathless land.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

If someone can give me a reason to watch it past the 7 minute mark I will. Name one thing he says later that is actually worth hearing.

Btw, I kinda liked him too, but that's not really the point...
Elizabeth Isabelle

He didn't say anything that you don't already know, it probably isn't worth your time - the point is that I would not have made a judgment call until after hearing the whole thing.

After the first bit, my initial reaction was a recollection of how lucky I felt homeless people were the first time I went to the downtown Tampa library. Get to spend all day, every day in a place as big and nice as many luxury resorts filled with books, just reading...

After listening to Vivek awhile though (beyond the 7 minute mark) I realized he actually understood what he read. You already understand plenty Dan, you wouldn't learn anything new from the video - it was just a hasty judgment on your part this time, that's all.