Girls Playing Rugby in Prom Dresses

Post questions or suggestions here.
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

avidaloca wrote:Shardrol wrote:
I can't really speak to this with any kind of authority since I find all sports completely tedious to watch
I find that disturbing but I understand it. I used to be the same about a sport until I had watched enough of it to understand the depths of it.
This doesn't make a lot of sense. If you really found sport completely tedious, why would you continue to watch it? And why does it disturb you that I find it tedious?
I now think cricket, soccer and tennis can have great matches . . .I can't wait for the World Cup in Germany and have even bought a TV to watch it which I will sell after.
It sounds like you feel guilty about owning one.

It's fine with me if you enjoy all those sports, but I find them utterly mundane. I don't care who wins, I don't even have enough interest to follow what's happening. It's more or less like watching a cock fight - not only boring but somewhat repulsive.

I was going to say I guess I'm just not that interested in feats of physical prowess but then I remembered how I used to love to watch Rudolf Nureyev dance. He seemed to somehow transcend what was ordinarily thought possible as if to say "Look what a human being is capable of!" It was immensely inspiring.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

Shardrol wrote:
This doesn't make a lot of sense. If you really found sport completely tedious, why would you continue to watch it? And why does it disturb you that I find it tedious?
I continued to watch it to see if I could stomach it and perhaps find something interesting in it. If I couldn't handle it, I'd quit and come back some other time when the interest levels of it were high enough to sustain my active involvement. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about because sport has loomed large in the Australian psyche for a long time. I did find things I enjoyed (including whole matches) and other things not so enticing.

It disturbs me a little that you find it tedious because you seem to be open to many other things but shut down in this one area. For me there is usually something to offer in it. I don't find it totally mind-numbing.
It sounds like you feel guilty about owning one.
Not guilty but a little annoyed that this thing is there. I definitely want it out and to be restored to normality after the event. I just happened to get a great deal on one now which is why I got it six weeks before it starts. I am against TV for myself usually because I don't think what it has to offer is better than what I usually do which is computer related stuff and some philosophy. One of the greatest highs I get is assembling a bunch of parts for major work on my car, planning it all out and then installing it. I don't want sitting in front of a box to usurp that and other things.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

MKFaizi wrote:
Diebert wrote:David is more than right here,
Naturally. David Quinn is always more than right. I have never seen you seriously disagree with him. You may present certain platitudes in argument with him but no serious disagreement.

You are a cow.

Faizi
Moo to you too! Let me start disagreeing with you then, since your output volume is larger than David's anyway.
Had our daughter been born in Pakistan, she would have been stoned to death. Only way she -- any female with the spirit to conquer -- could have been dealt with.
I find this interesting. What does she try to conquer? Her own femininity, or a strong man? What your stories about yourself and your daughter show me are two women who are deeply uncomfortable with their own feminine biology and stereotyping around it but at the same time cannot hide it. Of course in terms of looks, language and behavior it's easy to mask: strong language, being direct, curse, smoke, crack obscene jokes or engaging in rough physical contact sports. But the major feminine gestures remains: the audience, the charming, the 'entertainer', the attraction - it can't be helped!

Humor works best on a background of pain and twists. This is what makes your post great material for an audience! It's waisted on a small board consisting of a couple of hermits and adolescent nerds. You are a woman, if you like it or not, a crowd upstairs and downstairs. You naturally seek audience and why not get it? You have wisdom and insight, why not spread it to a larger crowd? Why stick around in a boring place? Do you like the submissive position? You like to irritate yourself?

Oh no, you want to save this board from sin.....
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

DAVID QUINN WROTE:
grammer
Joke, right?

I have little sense of humor. I thought you had misspelled the word.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

TO SCULAR OR WHATEVER FAKE NAME:

Get off your high goddamn horse, pissant.

No one has been proposing visual color here or stink smiley faces.

What I did propose was some fresh motherfucking air.

Got some?

I doubt it. I reckon you do very well living in the stagnation on this forum.

Kind of like a swamp rat. Like a disease bearing mosquito. A stinking leech. A flea.

I got no feeling for you. Your mind is so small, I reckon it matches your dick.

Personally, I am sick and tired of dick-ism and Quinn-ism and whatever else-ism. You got a pimple up your nose, then, pick it. But don't put the shit on me. I won't take it.

It is shameful that anyone else would. I think this forum is shameful -- so willing is it to drink dick-juice and succumb in wilted compliance and post-coital stupor after taking it up the ass.

All the pretense toward masculinity. Boils down to, "You be my bitch and I'll be your bitch."

Ever see anyone achieve enlightenment here? I have been here for almost nine years and I have never seen it. The only ones enlightened are the same three from the inception. Kelly Jones is kind of like the Tiger Woods of the group. HINT: She's Australian.

MY GOD! AN INTELLIGENT FEMALE IN AUSTRALIA!! SHE MUST BE AN ENLIGHTENED-ALMOST SAGE AND SHE HAS MET THE GREAT ELECTRICIAN KEVIN SOLWSAY!! SHE MUST BE GREAT, TOO!!

I have learned much from writing here for years.

BUT DAMN!!

I think we can do better. I think it is high time to do better.

Faizi
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Marsha,

Since you're unenlightened after 9 years, maybe you should try something new. I found it in about 3 years. Oh wait, you're a woman! You prove that constantly with your pointless rants. Why so many words for so little a point? Do you think each word adds another small piece to your puzzle? Do you think everyone else is too stupid to understand a single paragraph? Such as, "Scott, I think you're full of shit." I could understand that much more than the waste you just posted.

You want to make this forum better? In what ways? I thought you wanted to make it colorful and have a bunch of smiley faces, because I can't see anything which would make this place better. You want fighting? You want honest seekers? What exactly do you want, with all of your ranting, Marsha?
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

My so called rants are not pointless. Accusing me of ranting is old hat. Same ol' same ol.'

"Well, she is ranting. She is female."

"Rant" is an overused put-down. I no longer accept that crap.

I do not think you are "enlightened." Three years is nothing. What do you want -- a penis award or something?

Impossible. The only enlightened people allowed on Genius are QSR.

It is not that I want to make this forum better. I am simply tired of the repitition; the hurang.

I think the enlightened sages here are stuck.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I am also sick and tired of the constant crap about the fact that I am female. Easy out for cunts.

"Let's see..I can't really argue with her. So, I will AGAIN point out that she is female. Oh, since she is female, I can say that she is ranting. That will do it. That will shut her up, all right."

And, if that fails, say that I am a drama queen. That one is tried and true. A female ranting drama queen. About wraps it up. "She won't speak any truth now."

Literarial hog tie.

Well, I will not shut up. I will not be still.

Faizi
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

MKFaizi wrote:I am also sick and tired of the constant crap about the fact that I am female.
No, the crap is about your obvious feminine tendencies in your writing, your focus. Nobody is that much interested in who you are. Sorry.
So, I will AGAIN point out that she is female.
Have you ever noticed you are mostly the one bringing it up? Making sure perhaps nobody misses the fact?
It is not that I want to make this forum better. I am simply tired of the repetition; the hurang. I think the enlightened sages here are stuck.
Even if that was true, it would mean that you are mostly repeating your protests and being stuck with all of the stuck. If not true: it's just you then.

What do you propose to unstick yourself or the 'sages'? Another tirade? And that's not a repetition? Even the truth gets tired if repeated enough. Maybe you can start drawing comics and post them there.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Marsha, I don't know why you think I'd try to shut you up if you were speaking the truth. You're not speaking the truth. You are just ranting about nothing in particular. You are being a drama queen, and for no good reason.

I don't understand it.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I am speaking the truth. You just don't like it.

Better to keep on saying that I am a drama queen. The two of you are like salesmen.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I absolutely will not accept being branded as "feminine." Been around the bend a few too many times for that. Gang name calling will not shut me up. I will speak the truth and I do not care who likes it.

Like I give a shit whether you think I am a drama queen.

I think you are a drama queen. The two of you are a pair of real cute twin drama queens.

Kwepi dolls on strings.

I don't give a shit what you think. Mindless fucks. You don't think. You fawn.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Have you ever noticed you are mostly the one bringing it up?
No.

I am sick and tired of being called a drama queen and this or that other feminine thing and I will not accept it.

Plain and simple.

Because you are male, you can express any strong opinion that you choose to express and no one will say that you are a drama queen. Of course, you do not do that. You toe the party line -- electrician-speak.

By your definition of drama queen or the feminine, Weininger is a drama queen because he wrote what he thought and felt. By your definition, the very minute a writer steps outside the QSR box, he is feminine or a drama queen.

By your definition, the unwillingness to play the Genius game is feminine. I do not accept that. By your definition, enlightenment is some kind of suck ass endeavor. The best suck up gets the tiara.

Screw that. Not interested.

If you want to earn Brownie points, earn 'em. Earn 'em by calling me a drama queen because David Quinn said I am a drama queen -- kiss of death.

Like I give a flying fuck about a goddamn kiss of death.

I will write what I think and I will write it in spite of what is "SUPPOSED" to be enlightened thought.

I do not believe in enlightened dictatorship. I do not believe in group think and I do not believe in lackeys.

I write truth and I will not stop writing it because you say that I do not write it.

Faizi
Jason

Post by Jason »

MKFaizi wrote: I write truth and I will not stop writing it because you say that I do not write it.
What do you consider writing truth to be Marsha? Your writing is mostly about politics, your kids, your job and music.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Do you really think I believe that by the grace of David Quinn, I will achieve enlightenment? Do you think I believe if I mimick him, and team up with him on his side of the argument constantly, that I'll be closer? That he'll remove the darkness from my mind? If you do, you must believe that I'm very stupid. I don't think anyone on this board would be so stupid as to have those beliefs...even "cansouth".

The fact remains, you say you speak the truth but you are only saying a bunch of words that don't point to any truth. Like Jason said, you only write about politics, your kids, your job and music. You try to be harsh, probably attempting to copy Hakuin or something. I've never seen harshness as the truth. It may cause someone to be harsh, initially, and you can say that the truth is harsh because it's undeniable and something you have to accept. My point though, I don't see any truth in your writing. Your ranting.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

I think Marsha is pretty honest and for the topics she discusses, I see truth in her observations. I don't think she's in the game of expounding ultimate truth to others, whatever that is. So I don't see what you're complaining about. I take it as it is. If I want deep truth about things I check out Weininger or someone.
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

There are some yet undiscussed truths concerning the initial topic of this thread. From my observation, women at higher eschelon institutions especially, are bombarded acutely in their upbringing, with mixed signals of what constitutes appropriate feminine appearence and behavior, due to their heightened capacity, and the sensitivity that can entail. These types of events are forms of meaningful social release, an under the collar cathartic acknowledgement, of an especially tumultuous initial educational experience. By jumping onto the field, a symbol of neutrality, gussied in an extreme symbol of sex and social standing, and yet again, engaging its polar opposite in masculine sport, many of these women are, whether conscious of it or not, symbolically castrating the system.

In the process, they also get to trash any baggage of a prom experience gone terribly wrong. Not to mention the especially universal, adolescent anxiety of masquerading as objects of forced adoration.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

R. Steven Coyle

Well said. It's that kind of well-articulated clarification we need more of here, using terms meaningful to laymen instead of psychobabble.
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Right on, avidaloca.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Yeah, right on.

That is a political expression born, as far as I know, in the sixties. It was a Black Panther thing.

I completely disagree with all of you. I rather think of all of you as little plantlings inside a glass terrarium. You can only grow within very small bounds and you feed off the same humidity or perspiration. Constricting.

I prefer fungus; lichen. Lichen can grow anywhere -- drawing upon thin air for sustenance.

I certainly do not need to imitate Hakuin. Not interested in oriental philosophy. I think truth is something that can be spoken in the realms of any discussion, whether it concerns kids or work or politics or whatever else. I do not think it is necessary to discuss what passes for philosophy on this forum to hit on the elements of truth. I do not think one has to read Weininger over and over again to know truth.

Truth is the understanding of the root nerve of thinking. It is the willingness to disagree with whatever status quo, no matter the cost, when that status quo has become stale.

All I see on this forum is lackey-ism.

That is the truth and, no matter that you do not like it, I stand by that truth.

Call me a woman and call me drama queen and say that I have nothing worthwhile to say all that you want.

Proves my point. Most of you writing here are herring.

Faizi
Blair

Post by Blair »

What is it you are attempting to achieve, Faizi ?

Your aggressiveness seems pretty out of place/out of context/misguided.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

She doesn't like it when people disagree with her. It drives her nuts.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

avidaloca wrote:
I think Marsha is pretty honest and for the topics she discusses, I see truth in her observations.
Needless to say, Marsha doesn't agree with this - and I agree with her.

-
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Marsha wrote:

Truth is the understanding of the root nerve of thinking. It is the willingness to disagree with whatever status quo, no matter the cost, when that status quo has become stale.

I think you're wrong, and this is precisely why. You think I'm a lackey. I am moving on.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Something's harsh when it hurts. Feeling angry comes from psychological damage that hasn't been healed. There is no point in being harsh out of retaliation for being damaged.

There is plenty of unconscious reacting on this forum, stemming from unaddressed issues. It would be better for such damaged people to turn their attention away from "others", and back on their own disorder.

Many people are driven nuts, by various triggers. But really, they are always nutty, until they sort out these old hurts. They'll only go on hurting unnecessarily, and lashing out to defend themselves, until they stop and see that there is something badly out-of-order with their own minds.

It's not easy to do. One needs to make a sanctuary, and become committed to healing things carefully. It is a selfish process, by its very nature.

There are some avenues in our badly-disordered societies, that can help out a bit. It is firstly important to look at oneself with reverence, and assert the importance of healing one's hurts before anything else can be properly done. That means, stop expecting to help anyone, and let go of the notion of social obligations, which is only for the healthy.

Then get some support in place. Make sure there are things to prop up your mind, to get used to a lighter, more thoughtful attitude. The biological aids can help: Eat more fresh vegetables for a lighter mood, and get some blood circulating by sweating when exercising. Rest periods are essential. Thinking about one's hurts is just like pushing muscles to failure; recovery is an essential part of getting stronger.

But more importantly, do those things which will help you to think, more often, of your highest values. This is painful territory. Look after yourself.

If you are to grow, then there must be room made for growth.

-