Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

That is the awesomest thing ever!
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

A stroke of genius.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Kind of look like drag queens. Pretty funny.

Faizi
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

um-hum.

catch myself saying "awesome" every now and then. a bit overused far as i can toss an awl :-|

Tomas
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

That is the awesomest thing ever!

A stroke of genius.

What a pair of cheerleaders!

Why do ya'll find girls playing rugby in dresses such a turn on? Have you lived such sheltered lives that you have never seen females get down and dirty?

Not being facetious or sarcastic. Just trying to figure out the reason for such enthusiasm.

Faizi
Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

Why do ya'll find girls playing rugby in dresses such a turn on?
I don't find it a turn-on, I just find it interesting. All of the women are very masculine-looking.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

You have never seen masuline-looking women?

I find that stunning. Have you never seen female boxers and wrestlers? Never seen a girl seriously play football?

I am curious. Could you find a masculine woman attractive? My daughter is very pretty but, though she attracts males, they are put off by her because of her roughness. She has lots of male friends but no boyfriend.

She likes hunting and wrestling and playing football. She cusses and she can burp real loud. Good pool player. Very strong.

Yet -- well I am not going to tell again that she is physically beautiful -- you won't believe me -- I am her mother. It's just kind of weird how a young woman could be so beautiful without feminine allure.

Men are attracted to her but kind of put off.

Once a man told me he had dated a very beautiful woman in Florida but he was kind of scared of her because she wrestled alligators.

Why are men fascinated and repelled by so called masculine women?

Faizi
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

It plays upon the part of your mind that idealises women. They look like rough-and-tumble schoolboys or even bullies when they play rugby in the mud and the prom dresses add that bizarre twist to it. It makes me think of mens' idealisations of women and what that says about a man rather than a woman I guess.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I reckon so.

But I wonder why a man has an idealistic problem with a woman rolling around in the dirt?

In your idealistic view of a woman, do you see her looking lovely in a pink prom dress? Doing nothing but smiling and acting nice?

Back in the old days, men were not allowed to go into the birthing rooms. They sat out in the waiting room until a nurse came to tell them they had a baby of some kind. I reckon they thought that the stork had brought it.

Giving birth is rather an arduous physical task. On the whole, females over-dramatize it but it is still very hard physical work.

If a female can endure hours of birthing labor and push a seven or eight pound baby through very narrow passages, why do males persist in the myth of the dainty, pink lace prom dress girly girl?

Taliban mentality. The pity of it is that females go along with it; perpetuate it. That's called stroking the male ego; living up to the myth of the feminine ideal -- pretty in pink.

You really need to poke a big fat hole in the eye of that bullshit.

Then, females engaged in rough sport will not take you aback.

I agree with you that the prom dresses are kind of a twist. But I think that sort of thing should be unnecessary by now. It is kind of like little girls blowing up their Barbies. Cute but not all that cute.

Unfortunate that females still see the need to engage in that sort of thing. More unfortunate that men have not outgrown Barbie.

Even more unfortunate that the genders do not yet live without need for sexual relationships.

I will not live to see the day but the time will come when there is no gender.

Faizi
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

All I see are girls. I don't find any wisdom in this.
Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

I agree with Martin.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Then, why did you exclaim that it is the awesomest thing ever?

Faizi

PS-To Martin: Duh..there is no wisdom in this. None was intended. Wisdom is upstairs.

Down here, we are having a general discussion.

PSS -- How do ya'll know names like Martin? If you are going to use a real name, why not post with a real name? I have never understood the screen name thing.
Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

MKFaizi asked:
...why did you exclaim that it is the awesomest thing ever?
Because it plays upon the part of your mind that idealises women. :-)
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

That is about the stupidest excuse I have ever read here -- and that is saying a lot. :(

Sorry. Not buying it.

Faizi
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

But I wonder why a man has an idealistic problem with a woman rolling around in the dirt?

In your idealistic view of a woman, do you see her looking lovely in a pink prom dress? Doing nothing but smiling and acting nice?
It harks back to what Weininger said about men having to transform a woman before they can love her. This strips that possibility bare (figuratively speaking), because you can't imagine loving women doing this. That's the power of it, and it shows what Weininger says is true because if we loved them as they were we wouldn't be troubled by it.
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

What do you think of the fact that it's the women themselves who are turning the stereotype on its head?

Or do you think their male coach told them to wear prom dresses?
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Last edited by sschaula on Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pye

Post by Pye »

Amusing rationalizations for the excitement here. I'd add to the mix a safe position for men/women to stand inside the skin of their own bisexuality, present to some degree in us all. Got sports, got barbies, but you've really got a different, "safer" thrill going on in gender-blurring. And this here is a nice stupidly simple example of extremes for which the unalert needn't trouble themselves to notice.

Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

First of all, I have no idea where Martin came from.
Martin is avidaloca.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

I love the way everyone under 25 thinks women have somehow changed magically from earlier times, and the "old stereotypes" no longer apply. There's nothing new under the sun. Different disguises for the same face. Don't judge a book by its cover.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I cannot keep up with screen names. Never could. I don't know who is who unless they use part of their real name. For instance, I am well aware of G Shantz.
What do you think of the fact that it's the women themselves who are turning the stereotype on its head?

Or do you think their male coach told them to wear prom dresses?
In a way, it is like Barbie bashing. Young girls -- not all young girls -- sometimes engage in this, in an attempt to smash the stereotype. It is also a bit like a show of testosterone, like shouting, "SEE?! WE ARE JUST AS ROUGH AS BOYS!!"

I can also see the possibility of "Girls just want to have fun." But I don't think that is truly the case. As many young women are as serious about athletics as young men. However, whereas a man may go on to play a sport professionally, the possibility of that for a woman is doubtful and limited.

I know of one female softball pitcher from around here who is doing extremely well pitching in college. Just amazing ability. So, what is she going to do when she graduates? Play softball for big bucks like men play baseball for big bucks? Not hardly. There is no such glory for female softball pitchers.

When my kids were young, I wanted to swtich my daughter from softball to baseball. She was perfectly capable of it -- throwing overhand with a hard ball. Good hitter.

I was told, "No, she could get hurt."

So, essentially, it is okay for boys to get hurt but not girls? I have never understood that Taliban-think.

Anyway, to try to make a long story short -- like it or not, females are not ready go play in real sports. Actually, I think there are probably some exceptions to that but I cannot name the athletes. I do think the time will come when a female will be capable of playing major league baseball -- when a female will be capable of pitching as fast as a man. I think there will come a time when seven feet tall females will be capable of playing professional basketball on a league with males. I think there will come a day when females will not have to give birth and become the perfect male fantasy madonna.

Very slow process. I probably will not live to see the day that a female can play in the NBA but I do think that day will come -- maybe, by 2052.

In the meantime, some of you enlightened jerks could try getting over your ideal pretty in pink Barbie Jessica Simpson Marilyn Monroe wet dreams and get a grip on reality.

Weininger Schmiminger. God knows, he was right about the male ideal of woman but it's time to let the bullshit go.

Females are not goddesses. That is pure male bullshit fantasy.

Bury it.

I am all for females playing rugby -- in prom dresses or not.

Whatever it takes to finally kill off the masculine ideal of woman.

Faizi
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

What I thought was interesting was that these women had self-awareness & humor about 'flowie' stereotype that I would think might come as a surprise to some of the people on this list who say, for example, that women have no inner life.

I imagine there will be a few women at some point who can compete with men in sports, but I don't think there will ever be many - unless it's legislated. It does seem to be one of the 'hard' differences between the genders that men are generally stronger. The body structure of a man has more (& larger) muscles than a woman.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

How do you know they have self-awareness?
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Shardrol wrote:What I thought was interesting was that these women had self-awareness & humor about 'flowie' stereotype that I would think might come as a surprise to some of the people on this list who say, for example, that women have no inner life.
It might of course be the case, as you suggested, that the idea of wearing dresses while playing rugby was the idea of the male coach, or perhaps another male who likes taking photographs.

These girls probably never wear dresses in normal life, so this would be a good excuse for them to get into some drag without feeling guilty.

Incidentally, I remember that Dave Allen, the Irish comedian, once had women dressed up as Catholic Nuns playing rugby - so the idea's not entirely new.