Men whom think they are all knowing.

Post questions or suggestions here.
Notorious

Men whom think they are all knowing.

Post by Notorious »

One who imagines himself to be all-knowing will surely suffer on account of his ignorance.
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

I think that's what gives women power on a worldly level. They don't know the "big truths" but they don't care, while men kind of do, at least a bit (even, in fact quite often, criminal types).

So on a worldly level women seem freer, but worldliness isn't the only thing worth having.

It was Weininger who said "Innocence is ignorance. To know and remain innocent is the highest".
propellerbeanie

Post by propellerbeanie »

avidaloca wrote:I think that's what gives women power on a worldly level. They don't know the "big truths" but they don't care, while men kind of do, at least a bit (even, in fact quite often, criminal types).

So on a worldly level women seem freer, but worldliness isn't the only thing worth having.

It was Weininger who said "Innocence is ignorance. To know and remain innocent is the highest".
avidaloca must be martian for 'virgin'. Was your mother ignorant, or your sister, or your father for hanging with those ignorant ones? Women are the most natural philosophers on earth. Imagine living with some revolting form of life whose primary concerns were tv, food, beer, and probing you from time to time. Wouldn't that make you wonder about why?
avidaloca

Post by avidaloca »

Women are the most natural philosophers on earth.
On a worldly level, yes, as I said before. On profound truths outside the worldly or everyday sphere, I don't see much interest from them in that, or there would be more evidence. Knowing how to get on in the world isn't truth or enlightenment/freedom of the greatest kind.

Propelller, I propose we exchange names: avidaloca means "the crazy life".
propellerbeanie

Post by propellerbeanie »

avidaloca wrote:
Women are the most natural philosophers on earth.
On a worldly level, yes, as I said before. On profound truths outside the worldly or everyday sphere, I don't see much interest from them in that, or there would be more evidence. Knowing how to get on in the world isn't truth or enlightenment/freedom of the greatest kind.

Propelller, I propose we exchange names: avidaloca means "the crazy life".
Outside the worldly sphere? Are you trying to build Ptolemys universe again. If there is such a thing as truths outside, what makes you believe a man could see them and woman cannot? Nothing about carrying a baby makes a woman retarded. Talking to men makes a girl retarded, and now it is working on me. Trying to fit a mould of beautiful or acceptable or pleasing are all things that make a girl seem retarded, but they are not. They have a grasp of eternal truths, like Jesus, or like Buddha because their first conscious act is to accept that no matter how first rate they are as human beings someone is always going to consider them last because of their sex. That is the stupidity of culture. We think we can figure it out without them. We think we can figure it out for them. This is missing the whole point, which I guess most women do not do.

Pleased to meet you avid. My name means hat with a propeller on it. A stupid name, I know, but to make fun of all the dexters. I would change it if I could figure out how. I don't see it as an option. bye.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Women are constantly cleaning up shit.

Today, I asked a young woman why her husband did not tell me such and such from day one.

She said. "Because he's retarded."

Good woman. She was there to clarify things. She did a fine job.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I think the male/female thing has grown stale on this forum. Very sexy topic but old. We have been discussing sexual differences for nearly nine years.

I mean, a cunt is a cunt. Bitch is as bitch does.

Woo hoo.

Get over it.

Faizi
Monolith

Know-It-All

Post by Monolith »

Is there a difference between knowing it all and knowledge of The All?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Maria called the police department
On a Sunday afternoon
''My husband's gonna kill me
Please send somebody soon''
''Where is he, ma'am,
Is he at your door
Has he got you now -
Can you tell me more''

''Please'', she said, ''his brother called
He's on his way with a gun''