Santa etc.

Post questions or suggestions here.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Millipodium wrote
We lie to our children because sometimes life simply requires an irrational belief in oneself and the world, just to keep from killing oneself.
Sure, maybe for the majority of people, but why do you think that applies to everyone?
Ripping away ALL of the positive programming leads people to fall for evil, out of desperation.
'Falling for evil' occurs just as often with 'positive programers', probably more so. That is why socrates was considered the inventor of ethics. He was the one strong enough to live with knowing only that which he could be sure of.
Of course, this is how the enemies of freedom seek to destroy it, by destroying hope.
Ok george doublya.

I question whether or not I need hope, emotion. By doing so I find my self more resistant to evil than anyone I know.

Whereas you on the otherhand have a drinking problem.
Actually all I see in you is someone completely disempowered to deal with anything. "what can I do about china?" etc. pathetic.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Oh, and please don't call me george w. He's an illuminati, masonic, NWO, noahide sellout of the highest order.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Cory Duchesne wrote:I question whether or not I need hope, emotion. By doing so I find my self more resistant to evil than anyone I know.
I need hope or I lose motivation. When I don't have hope, removing emotions keeps me alive, but it doesn't spur me on to greatness. It might not even spur me on to mow the lawn. I must generate hope within myself. There are many times that i do a lousy job at generating hope from nothingness, but I recognize that it is a matter of taking whatever little hope I can scrounge up and force myself to do something productive on the hope that logical applications of rationality will produce the results they are supposed to.

For example, if I had a test coming up and I didn't have any hope that I'd pass, I might not even bother to study for it - or even show up for class. If I had some hope, I would study for the test, and still hope that I had studied well, studied the right material, hope that the teacher wasn't going to pull some surprise, and hope that I would pass the test. That would be a rational hope because I had studied - but it would still be just a hope until I got the test back with the hoped for grade and received some kind of confirmation that the teacher had entered a matching score in his/her gradebook.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

For me, I consider whether or not something is worth doing or not.

I either do something, or I don't based on my interpretation of the situation.

One must simultaneously be programed with values of what is better and what is worse, yet maintain an emotional indifference to what happens.

I have a test this Friday. It logically makes sense to do well on it. It logically makes sense to study.

But whatever happens, happens.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Anyone else notice that Santa is an anagram for Satan, and they both are depicted as wearing red suits (some even depict both as pointy-eared) and the both run around spreading lies, greed and avarice to the world under the guise of goodness?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:One must simultaneously be programed with values of what is better and what is worse, yet maintain an emotional indifference to what happens.
Pretty close - I think one can reprogram ones' self best, and it is best to often re-check one's programming - and of course the only programs running should be logic and rationality.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Santa the saint.

Satan the wanderer.

The Roman Catholic Church even has a day set aside for St. Lucius - Satan.

An interestng tidbit concerning Egyptian and Nordic lore (myth?) has it that Heaven is located in (toward) the North. Hence, the North Star (which changes every 24,000? years or so) is where the False Prophet, Jesus (Zeus) has come from. The three Wise Guys -men?- (father, son, holy spirit) followed the star to the holy temple Beth(lehem).

By coincidence or Design, our ol' buddy, Santa Claws, cruises by slay (sleigh) to the North Pole via (reign) reindeer, the reindeer in and of themselves are quite the story to tell.

Every picture tells a story, don't it?

Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Tomas wrote:Santa the saint.

Satan the wanderer.

The Roman Catholic Church even has a day set aside for St. Lucius - Satan.

An interestng tidbit concerning Egyptian and Nordic lore (myth?) has it that Heaven is located in (toward) the North. Hence, the North Star (which changes every 24,000? years or so) is where the False Prophet, Jesus (Zeus) has come from. The three Wise Guys -men?- (father, son, holy spirit) followed the star to the holy temple Beth(lehem).

By coincidence or Design, our ol' buddy, Santa Claws, cruises by slay (sleigh) to the North Pole via (reign) reindeer, the reindeer in and of themselves are quite the story to tell.

Every picture tells a story, don't it?

Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971
You noahides sure do hate jesus. I guess the nobody in the antichrist empire likes to hear the truth about themselves.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Cory:
One must simultaneously be programed with values of what is better and what is worse, yet maintain an emotional indifference to what happens.

Eliz: Pretty close - I think one can reprogram ones' self best, and it is best to often re-check one's programming - and of course the only programs running should be logic and rationality.
Yes, a part of the program is being open-minded for sure. For instance, I am open minded to the possibility that emotionlessnes is impossible, but I am also open minded to the possibility of attaining emotionlessness or a significant degree of it. And so I put a program into the place to achieve emotionlesness and then I go to work. If progress is made, I keep going.

But I just want to go back to something I said earlier…
Cory: For me, I consider whether or not something is worth doing or not.

I have a test this Friday. It logically makes sense to do well on it. It logically makes sense to study.

I am by no means saying here that I am free from emotion, fear and the like - - only that I don’t value hope and I do everything in my power to explore the most uncomfortable emotions that a person can experience – in order to gain immunity from them.

----------------------------------------------------------

But anyways, back to this Santa thing.

So called grown-ups enjoy making children cheer with excitement. The easiest way to do that is to give them what is bad, bad being: lies and junk food.

The grown up that the kids love most is usually the one that wins their affection by giving them bad intellectual and sensual stimulation.

I find mothers are usually the biggest criminals when it comes to dealing rotten goods. The fathers are usually just stressed out by the ever increasing bills, bad behavior of the children, and constant dissatisfaction and thoughtlessness of the wife.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:For me, I consider whether or not something is worth doing or not.

Why does it make sense to do well on a test?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:I do everything in my power to explore the most uncomfortable emotions that a person can experience – in order to gain immunity from them.

The fathers are usually just stressed out by the ever increasing bills, bad behavior of the children, and constant dissatisfaction and thoughtlessness of the wife.
So who are you engaged to, and how many kids do you and she plan to have?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Mill: Why does it make sense to do well on a test?
I think a better question is: “why does it make sense to go to university?”

Well, to tell you the truth, I previously had the opinion (for the past few years) that university was a waste of time. But I decided it was more rational to actually experience it myself, rather than hold an opinion that was only based on a vague impression.

And as for doing well on tests….

To do well on a test, but not truly understand the material is moronic. So it is more important to actually understand the material, which I am doing. And doing well on a test is a corollary to understanding the material that the test is based on.

And doing well on tests increases my power in some areas of society that might be worth having power in.

Power is not evil, it is vulgar use of power that is evil. Just like money. Money is neutral in itself. How money is used (alcohol, gambling, luxury) is evil.

If I do bad on the test, my bad looking grade will diminish my chances of getting to work in areas of society that might be worth trying to reform and bring light to. Personally I think the education system, the way we teach and communicate is worth trying to improve and reform.

Maybe I'm deluded, but for now my course of action seems most logical to me.
Eliz: So who are you engaged to, and how many kids do you and she plan to have?
I’m not engaged, I never will be and I don’t plan on having kids. I may live with a woman or have a close relationship to her if I feel her meaning is at one with mine.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:I’m not engaged, I never will be and I don’t plan on having kids.
So you are wise enough to know that sometimes the lessons that experience teaches are not worth the cost.
I do everything in my power to explore the most uncomfortable emotions that a person can experience – in order to gain immunity from them.
Indirect innoculation is good enough. I am not convinced that experiencing the worst that life has to offer is the best way to shape the soul.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

cory: I do everything in my power to explore the most uncomfortable emotions that a person can experience – in order to gain immunity from them.

Indirect innoculation is good enough. I am not convinced that experiencing the worst that life has to offer is the best way to shape the soul.
It would have been more accurate if I said: I do everything in my power to 'stay with' the involuntary negative emotions, most notably anxiety, fear and trembling, in order to dispell them.

Dispelling them in this way is far more practical than escaping from negative feelings through whatever 'feels' opposite, comforting.

But this activity of remaining with suffering is futile unless once is also rigorously applying their intellect through inquiry.

And as for you saying that it is unwise to experience the worst that life has to offer in order to shape the soul and to be good, well it all depends on what you mean by 'the worst that life has to offer'.

To me, doing heroin, getting married, getting drunk, doing drugs in general, geating bad food, gluttony, prostitution.

Those things are the worst that life has to offer, and I by no means advocate experiecing those things.

Those things arent worth the bother.

But anxiety, fear, sorrow, hatred.......these feelings are inevitable and they should not be escaped from.

They should be dispelled by gaining immunity from them.

The only way to gain immunity from them is to 1) not escape into worldly gratifications, and 2) work to understand that you are the totality, and the totality is formless, non-dualistic and beyond time.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:anxiety, fear, sorrow, hatred.......these feelings are inevitable and they should not be escaped from.
For me, painful emotions are like wrapped presents. At first, all I see is the pain (the wrapping paper), but because I have learned to recognize pain as just wrapping paper, the pain does not hurt so much anymore. And the pain does not last as long because since I recognize it as a present, I start unwrapping it immediatly (unwrapping means applying logic and reason).

Now that I know that there is a present inside the pain, I don't have to stay with the pain very long and I can get the present - which is always a lesson about how to not encounter that pain again, and sometimes is also a lesson on how to be happier.

The unexpected presents are always my favorites because those are new presents. The expected presents are lessons that I had been presented with before, but somehow didn't learn how to apply the lesson properly under a new circumstance, or a lesson I had either forgotten or ignored. Not so great as a new present, but still a present that obviously I needed and I understand to appreciate it.

I have no reason to stay with the pain. It's just wrapping paper and should be thrown away as soon as the present is unwrapped.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Mill: Why does it make sense to do well on a test?
I think a better question is: “why does it make sense to go to university?”

Well, to tell you the truth, I previously had the opinion (for the past few years) that university was a waste of time. But I decided it was more rational to actually experience it myself, rather than hold an opinion that was only based on a vague impression.

And as for doing well on tests….

To do well on a test, but not truly understand the material is moronic. So it is more important to actually understand the material, which I am doing. And doing well on a test is a corollary to understanding the material that the test is based on.

And doing well on tests increases my power in some areas of society that might be worth having power in.

Power is not evil, it is vulgar use of power that is evil. Just like money. Money is neutral in itself. How money is used (alcohol, gambling, luxury) is evil.

If I do bad on the test, my bad looking grade will diminish my chances of getting to work in areas of society that might be worth trying to reform and bring light to. Personally I think the education system, the way we teach and communicate is worth trying to improve and reform.

Maybe I'm deluded, but for now my course of action seems most logical to me.
Eliz: So who are you engaged to, and how many kids do you and she plan to have?
I’m not engaged, I never will be and I don’t plan on having kids. I may live with a woman or have a close relationship to her if I feel her meaning is at one with mine.
It really suprises me to hear you talk about power and making a difference. These concepts lead to the greatest evils the world has ever seen.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Mill wrote:
It really suprises me to hear you talk about power and making a difference. These concepts lead to the greatest evils the world has ever seen.

Then we shouldnt do anything about china then?
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Mill wrote:

Then we shouldnt do anything about china then?
No. It's common sense that we shouldn't empower our enemies in this way.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Milli: No. It's common sense that we shouldn't empower our enemies in this way.
Sorry, in what way?
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Milli: No. It's common sense that we shouldn't empower our enemies in this way.
Sorry, in what way?
In the logical way.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

In the logical way.
You already explained how you want to deal with the China situation, and it involves not only having power, but wielding that power to make another weaker. In other words using power to make a difference.

quite absurd in contrast to what you said recently:
Milli: It really suprises me to hear you talk about power and making a difference. These concepts lead to the greatest evils the world has ever seen.
I'm sure that you are capable of seeing how your logical way is quite illogical.

The very perception of your own foolishness IS action. An intelligent action.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
In the logical way.
You already explained how you want to deal with the China situation, and it involves not only having power, but wielding that power to make another weaker. In other words using power to make a difference.
Ok. Ok. But still..... It's just a common sense decision to NOT EMPOWER TOTALITARIANS with billions in trade. Setting trade policy is and has been a standard function of government. We should definitely embargo china.

quite absurd in contrast to what you said recently:
Milli: It really suprises me to hear you talk about power and making a difference. These concepts lead to the greatest evils the world has ever seen.
I'm sure that you are capable of seeing how your logical way is quite illogical.
It's not illogical. Perhaps my error was harshing on you for wanting to make a difference. I guess I just don't know the type of difference you want to make, but if involves teaching people they don't exist, I probably will consider it to be too nihilistic.

The very perception of your own foolishness IS action. An intelligent action.
Perception is STILL not action, though you have forced me to backtrack a tad on another issue. You sir, are orthogonal.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Perception is STILL not action, though you have forced me to backtrack a tad on another issue.
perception is involuntary. You were forced to acknowedge, to percieve a situations truth, and that very perception was an involuntary action.

You can say that the perception 'caused' your action, but that is only the way it appears - -and to perceive things in terms of causality is indeed a big step up from the animals, but there is a higher way of seeing.

You wanted to understand why causality is not real, so there you have it.
NLPRN

Re: Santa etc.

Post by NLPRN »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
You might be amused at my story of learning about Santa - I'd like to hear your experiences and opinions as well.

As a kid I often wondered how Kris Kringle, after coming down the chimney, got out of our sealed, cast-iron stove.

The suit was assumed flame-retardant.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Perception is STILL not action, though you have forced me to backtrack a tad on another issue.
perception is involuntary. You were forced to acknowedge, to percieve a situations truth, and that very perception was an involuntary action.

You can say that the perception 'caused' your action, but that is only the way it appears - -and to perceive things in terms of causality is indeed a big step up from the animals, but there is a higher way of seeing.

You wanted to understand why causality is not real, so there you have it.
Perception is NOT action. That's still just an assinine assertion. You repeating it over and over doesn't make it true. Nor does perception even NECESSARILY cause action. You're so wrong on multiple levels. Why do you voluntarily cloud your own thinking with trash such as this? Is this what you plan to teach to others, to "make a difference"? If so, please refrain. The world doesn't need this sort of idiocy.