ANGELS BOUND IN THE DEEP

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tomas

ANGELS BOUND IN THE DEEP

Post by Tomas »

ANGELS BOUND IN THE DEEP

Although the Old Testament frequently uses this phrase to describe the deepest oceans, in the book of (Romans 10:7), we find the deep is somehow descriptive of 'the place of the dead'. Referring to where Jesus Christ went when he died, Paul writes "Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)" In fact, before the cosmic creation when the world was still dead, (Genesis 1:2) says "...the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

The description seems to be evocative of 'the blackness of outer space' that is without end. Because we tend to think of space as "up," it may be a bit difficult to think of space as "down" in the sense of the bottomless pit--however, the vastness of space definitely makes it "bottomless."

(Jude 1:6) "And I remind you of those angels who were once pure and holy, but turned to a life of sin [who abandoned their original rank and left their proper home]. Now God has them chained up in prisons of darkness, waiting for the judgment day."

When Jude writes of the fallen angels that are bound, they are said to be bound in chains that are "under darkness." A few verses later, their desolate place of detainment seems to be described as the vast darkness of outer space for he refers to the evil ones as "...wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness that God has prepared for them."

(Jude 1:13) "All they leave behind them is shame and disgrace like the dirty foam left along the beach by the wild waves. They wander around looking as bright as stars, but ahead of them is the everlasting gloom and darkness that God has prepared for them."

Three times* Jesus tells us that the lost are to be "cast out into outer darkness."

*1. (Matthew 6:23) "But if your eye is clouded with evil thoughts and desires, you are in deep spiritual darkness. And oh, how deep that darkness can be!"

*2. (Matthew 8:12) "And many an Israelite--those for whom the Kingdom was prepared--shall be cast into outer darkness, into the place of weeping and torment."

*3. (Luke 22:52-53) Then Jesus addressed the chief priests and captains of the Temple guards and the religious leaders who headed the mob. "Am I a robber," he asked, "That you have come armed with swords and clubs to get me? Why didn't you arrest me in the Temple? I was there every day. But this is your moment--the time when Satan's power reigns supreme."

*3. (NIV) Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple guard, and the elders, who had come for him, "Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come with swords and clubs? Every day I was with you in the temple courts, and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour--when darkness reigns."

This dreadful place is said to be a locale where there will be "weeping and gnashing of teeth," Ultimately, the lost are to be consigned to the place that was "prepared for the Devil and his angels," so this "outer darkness" may be a synonym for the intermediate place of confinement called 'the bottomless pit'.

(The Revelation 9:11) Their king is the Prince of the bottomless pit whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon [and in English, the Destroyer] (Wormwood.)

(The Revelation 12:4) His tail drew along behind him a third of the stars, which he plunged to the earth. He stood before the woman as she was about to give birth to her child, ready to eat the baby as soon as it was born.

As is stated above, we see angels referred to as stars, so when Jude refers to "wandering stars" that are destined to move through the "blackness of darkness for ever," it is difficult to see their celestial prison could be anywhere else but outside the atmosphere of our planet.

Pincho Paxton

Re: ANGELS BOUND IN THE DEEP

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Biblical representations have been PROVED to be part of a calendar. They are therfore reduntant examples of anything worthwhile. Once you realise that Jesus is actually referring to THE SUN, and that his 12 deciples are actually the star groups around the sun, it is clear that this is a calendar. A map of the stars, and their rotations through space. Jesus ascends into heaven.. the sun rises.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Pincho Paxton wrote:Biblical representations have been PROVED to be part of a calendar. They are therfore reduntant examples of anything worthwhile. Once you realise that Jesus is actually referring to THE SUN, and that his 12 deciples are actually the star groups around the sun, it is clear that this is a calendar. A map of the stars, and their rotations through space. Jesus ascends into heaven.. the sun rises.

Your comments are humorous, to say the least :-)

Tomas

Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Have you ever watched this video?....... Ignore all of the political stuff, the Bible stuff is very interesting.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
Boyan

Post by Boyan »

So that's why Constantine converted on his deathbed and made Christianity equal with the pagan religions. Because it was about Sun and during Constantine's time the cult of the invincible Sun was the official religion in the Empire. Ol' chap must've said - screw it we'll worship Sun either way :)
Tomas

Demons in Alien's Clothing (see image)

Post by Tomas »

Demons in Alien's Clothing (see image)

The push for "global enlightenment" has now extended to the vast reaches of the universe, into what could be deemed as a "space" religion.

The ancient civilizations of the Egyptians, Babylonians, Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas shared several intriguing characteristics:

http://conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/demon ... lothes.htm

Last edited by Tomas on Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Boyan wrote:So that's why Constantine converted on his deathbed and made Christianity equal with the pagan religions. Because it was about Sun and during Constantine's time the cult of the invincible Sun was the official religion in the Empire. Ol' chap must've said - screw it we'll worship Sun either way :)
The Parthenon and other pagan temples were, whatever else they were, bank vaults where families stored the silver for rites of passage. Gibbon reports that when Constantine converted the temple of Jupiter in Rome, he first cleaned it of all idolatrous material before handing the empty shell over to the bishops. And hauled the resulting 6 tons of gold off to build his new capitol, Constantinople.

The conversion of the rest of the empire was a no brainer.

As for "the deep", in Genesis, we read that during the Great Flood, all the "fountains of the deep" began gushing. Well, this is kinda curious. For if the world was getting rained on, then the hydraulic pressure would be the same everywhere, and the springs would not, as indicated in the Torah, become artesian.

But when the Bosporus burst thru in 5600BC, pouring salt water over the great Euxine lake, that is egzactly what happened. As the water level rose, it put pressure on all the surrounding aquifers, making springs into artesian wells.
Goddess made sex for company.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Interesting topic for "Worldly Matters."
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

brokenhead wrote:Interesting topic for "Worldly Matters."
Christianity is in for a hard time. One result of all the violence in the Holy Land is that European archeologists, armed with new forensic techniques, have quit going there, and shifted their focus on their own pre-Christian ancestral roots. Work has also shifted to the Kara Kum, Kyzl Kum, and Taklamakhan deserts of central asia, where they are finding bodies with blond hair. Turns out the Aryans founded what became known as the Silk Road.

And these deserts are so cold and dry that vast numbers of artifacts and documents have been preserved. All the ancient documents related to the Bible would fit in a broomcloset. You'd need a couple of 18 wheelers to haul away all that has been found so far in these deserts, but none of it relates to the Christian tradition.

And whereas everything we have from the Holy Land or Egypt relates to scripture or the history of kings... I know of a mail bag they found in the Kara Kum with personal letters from ordinary people. Lost in 331 AD. Some of the letters are written on paper, which they thot had been invented in China. You know where, in the New Testament it says, "The magi came from the East." Well, this is that East. And that fact has fired the imagination of young people- who no longer giva fuck what happens to the "Holy Land".

So many of the rants between Liberals and Conservatives no longer matter. Archaeology re-discovered herbs used for birth control and abortion. The abortion debate is over. It dont matter what the legal system thinks. They also discovered powerful psychotropic drugs which will make a suspect spill his guts. Torture is obsolete. Sin is obsolete as well now that we know more about the biochemistry and structure of the mind that leads to violence.

As for 'angels', archeology has also traced the evolution of that icon back to the bronze age goddesses who wore wings- but like Astarte, also had the clawed feet of raptors. And you can trace that all the way back 9000 years to the images in the frescos of the Anatolian cities... which depicted sacred vultures. Its still done that way in India- bodies were put out for the vultures to eat so as to carry the souls to heaven.

Constantine showed us how useful Christianity could be to the power elite, and it remains that way in DC today. But if there is any serious economic crisis, that whole trip will be discredited. But either way, as women take power, they will look for a concept of the divine that is not an alpha male tyrant. they dont think like that.
Tomas

The device NASA is leaving behind (photo)

Post by Tomas »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22060519

The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer Detector (AMS), a $1.5 billion device designed to explore the origins of the universe, was commissioned in 1995, took 500 physicists from around the world 12 years to build. (photo)

brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Constantine showed us how useful Christianity could be to the power elite, and it remains that way in DC today. But if there is any serious economic crisis, that whole trip will be discredited. But either way, as women take power, they will look for a concept of the divine that is not an alpha male tyrant. they dont think like that.
I'm serious, daybrown. Go rent the first season of The L Word. I would love to hear your reaction.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

brokenhead wrote:
I'm serious, daybrown. Go rent the first season of The L Word. I would love to hear your reaction.
Give me a transcript. I dont have the patience to listen when I can read 5 times faster. Nor are Lesbians, as we've known them, going to be that relevant. As I have often posted:

We know of Sappho's poems about her torrid love affairs with her students on the Isle of Lesbos.
But we also know that at age 19, the girls returned to Athens to marry and raise families.
And who did they marry?
Only the most notorious boy fuckers in all history.
And what was the result of all this depravity?
Only the most illustrious generations of genius in all history.
Tomas

Hopi Legend of Shambhala (photos, images)

Post by Tomas »

Hopi Legend of Shambhala and the Sacred Mountain Mount Meru

What do these two areas have in common? (photos, images)

Hopi Indians, Native American Indian, Southwest American Indian

The White Brotherhood, Serpents and UFO's Hopi People

http://www.livinginthelightms.com/hopi.html

Tomas

Spy satellite loses power, may fall to Earth

Post by Tomas »

Spy satellite loses power, may fall to Earth (photo)

Such an uncontrolled re-entry could risk exposure of U.S. secrets

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articl ... d=22857051

hsandman

Post by hsandman »

And who did they marry?
Only the most notorious boy fuckers in all history.
And what was the result of all this depravity?
Only the most illustrious generations of genius in all history.
A horse is for love.
A boy is for plesure.
A Woman is for generations of genius.

Daybrowns posts make me lol. He has such a knack for writing. Gives Carl great material to work with. :-D

Edit:
Tomas wrote:.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22060519

The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer Detector (AMS), a $1.5 billion device designed to explore the origins of the universe, was commissioned in 1995, took 500 physicists from around the world 12 years to build. (photo)

Heterochromia iridium ? With emerald earing in her left ear showing. Can't be coincidence right? Or I just don't know my celebrities? :-/
Pike, director of the defense research group GlobalSecurity.org, estimated that the spacecraft weighs about 20,000 pounds and is the size of a small bus. He said the satellite would create 10 times less debris than the Columbia space shuttle crash in 2003.

As for possible hazardous material in the spacecraft, Pike said it might contain beryllium, a light metal with a high melting point that is used in the defense and aerospace industries.

In 2000, NASA engineers successfully directed a safe de-orbit of the 17-ton Compton Gamma Ray Observatory, using rockets aboard the satellite to bring it down in a remote part of the Pacific Ocean.

In 2002, officials believe debris from a 7,000-pound science satellite smacked into the Earth's atmosphere and rained down over the Persian Gulf, a few thousand miles from where they first predicted it would plummet.
"Berylium: A high-melting, lightweight, corrosion-resistant, rigid, steel-gray metallic element used as an aerospace structural material, as a moderator and reflector in nuclear reactors, and in a copper alloy used for springs, electrical contacts, and nonsparking tools. Atomic number 4; atomic weight 9.0122; melting point 1,278°C; boiling point 2,970°C; specific gravity 1.848; valence 2. "

<
Radioactive Humpty Dumpties keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the madness by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me
lolz.>
It's just a ride.
Tomas

Military Blames UFO Reports on Jet Drills

Post by Tomas »

click-on photos

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/military-b ... NWS0001000

hsandman

Re: Military Blames UFO Reports on Jet Drills

Post by hsandman »

Tomas wrote:.

click-on photos

Interesting article, but I have some sort of problem with it. The imbedded video link brought up a pop up reading something to this effect: "Streaming of media to your area is unavailable"

Wonder if anyone else had that pop up on screen while loading that page?
It's just a ride.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

[quote="hsandman"][quote="Tomas"].

click-on photos

-Sandman-
Interesting article, but I have some sort of problem with it.

-tomas-
Do you feel lucky?

-Sandman-
The imbedded video link brought up a pop up reading something to this effect: "Streaming of media to your area is unavailable"

-tomas-
Do you link from an American outpost ... or, are you outside the USA proper?

-Sandman-
Wonder if anyone else had that pop up on screen while loading that page?

-tomas-
Congrats, you just made the gov't watch list :-|

ps- The first part of this article montage is in "Do Immortals Live Among Us" by yahoo-yoda ... which Dan transferred to Worldly ... and locked that thread.

pps- The stream works for me!

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Tomas wrote:Do you feel lucky?
Not while browsing AOL website.. no.
Tomas wrote:Do you link from an American outpost ... or, are you outside the USA proper?
Australia. Guess, that clip is only meant for Americaniesesed eyes. O_o
Tomas wrote: Congrats, you just made the gov't watch list :-|
Thanks, I guess. :=)
Few days ago I was redirected to ( http://www.adolfhitler.ws/ )while trying to conect to genius forums. That made me blink.. few times.
Tomas wrote:The first part of this article montage is in "Do Immortals Live Among Us"
Thanks I will check that out.
Tomas wrote: ... which Dan transferred to Worldly ... and locked that thread.
He is the chosen one, for there can be only one. :-D
It's just a ride.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

daybrown wrote:
Boyan wrote:So that's why Constantine converted on his deathbed and made Christianity equal with the pagan religions. Because it was about Sun and during Constantine's time the cult of the invincible Sun was the official religion in the Empire. Ol' chap must've said - screw it we'll worship Sun either way :)
The Parthenon and other pagan temples were, whatever else they were, bank vaults where families stored the silver for rites of passage. Gibbon reports that when Constantine converted the temple of Jupiter in Rome, he first cleaned it of all idolatrous material before handing the empty shell over to the bishops. And hauled the resulting 6 tons of gold off to build his new capitol, Constantinople.

The conversion of the rest of the empire was a no brainer.

As for "the deep", in Genesis, we read that during the Great Flood, all the "fountains of the deep" began gushing. Well, this is kinda curious. For if the world was getting rained on, then the hydraulic pressure would be the same everywhere, and the springs would not, as indicated in the Torah, become artesian.

But when the Bosporus burst thru in 5600BC, pouring salt water over the great Euxine lake, that is egzactly what happened. As the water level rose, it put pressure on all the surrounding aquifers, making springs into artesian wells.
Gee, missed this one by ya, daybrown.

I'll send ya a private.
Don't run to your death
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

Tell Mr Daybrown he needs to get back over here. I wondered where he went off to.
fiat mihi