A question for a genius...

Post questions or suggestions here.
Trevor Salyzyn

Re: A question for a genius...

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

ChaoticMelody: genius is not so easily measured. The word "genius" should not appear above the heads of people with high IQ's. It confuses people into thinking genius is boring.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Chaotic Melody said: "Hmm, No one here can call themselves a true genius."
I find it amusing that you presume to disqualify everyone here as "true genius" and stake your claim at the top of the heap.

I'll avoid an obscene display of "who's got the biggest one" (IQ score, that is) and, at the risk of overusing the phrase, just say again that I am not intimidated!
mikIel
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

miki, I thought he was making the rather trite observation that nobody here was bothering to call himself a genius. But you're saying ChaoticMelody was trying to rise above us? I guess his first sentence can be interpreted in more than one way.

In that case, CM: fuck off. I thought you were stating the obvious (which would have been a sign of genius), but in fact you were simply being a dick.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

What I was saying is that anyone can claim to be a genius... But it is not for him/her to decide.

Nearly everybody fits their own description of Genius
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:ChaoticMelody: genius is not so easily measured. The word "genius" should not appear above the heads of people with high IQ's. It confuses people into thinking genius is boring.
That is what I was saying, Being called a High genius of logic is like calling somebody a soccer genius... IE. not relative to the true meaning of Genius.

The idea of Genius has been warped over the years.

Genius is for the observer to describe, Not to describe ones self.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Chaotic Melody said: "What I was saying is that anyone can claim to be a genius... But it is not for him/her to decide."

This sound very silly to me.

First, "claiming" is egocentric. Secondly, there are definitions of genius which can stastically describe one with certain scores or percentile rankings among the various tests. (IQ tests vary a lot on the same individual, which is why Mensa just takes the top 2% of all tests.... like I said, two out of a hundred... big deal!)

I've taken all the tests (available in 1963)... somewhat of a guinea pig. I'm at the 99.996 percentile of all IQ tests in the study they selected me for. (The study gauranteed all subjects total confidentiality, and this has held true over the years.). I've yet to correspond with anyone at 99.999, and that's as high as they went statistically in the study of genius.
The "polymath" is a category with a greater scope than just mental IQ. Like the Renaissance geniuses who excelled in many fields at once. I also qualify in this realm and have been "studied" for my contributions in fields beyond standardized intelligence measures.

I have several contributions in astrophysics/cosmology yet to be published but now under consideration by three institutions and several well credentialed scientists. I will not be specific until the "jury is in" and my theories are published.

Likewise my contributions in "consciousness studies" are under scrutiny by those with credentials in the academic world. We will see. My students have no doubt that I speak Truth about enlightenment.
This will do for now. Let radical honesty prevail in this forum and let humility go lick its wounds!
mikiel
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

99.996 percentile that places your IQ at about 150 - 155, I am in the 99.9991 percentile.

So don't go trying boast over me. When your actual IQ is substancially lower than my own.

I am only 17, And you have to be around 55+ (To have taken all of the tests dated for 1963.)

Next time you try and pick on someone, Try picking on someone with your own age and intellect instead of shooting above your weight.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Chaotic, did you just come here to get involved in dick measuring contests? Why don't you just join a Mensa forum?
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

I am on the mensa forums... I just don't post much.

I enjoy it here better.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Again, wrong place for what you're up to.

For someone who claims to have a high IQ, you don't seem very smart.

-
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Where is your basis for that assumption.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Well, for one, you keep making posts in the wrong forum. GF is not about pissing contests, and that is all you care about. You want to show that a teen can piss as far as an adult.

Get over yourself, kiddo.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

ChaoticMelody wrote:99.996 percentile that places your IQ at about 150 - 155, I am in the 99.9991 percentile.

So don't go trying boast over me. When your actual IQ is substancially lower than my own.

I am only 17, And you have to be around 55+ (To have taken all of the tests dated for 1963.)

Next time you try and pick on someone, Try picking on someone with your own age and intellect instead of shooting above your weight.
This is very interesting. When you pegged me at 150 to 155 it was way low and made me wonder how you got your percentile-to-score match. And you entered the "whose got the biggest one" arena for real.
The I checked my percentile and realized, in a flash of ironic synchronicity, that I had dropped a decimal! It must have been "destined" to give you enough rope to hang yourself as an obvious egocentric.
Mea culpa! My percentile ranking for all testing in 1963 was 99.9996 .

The study was done in 1971 "targeting" the top one out of a million tested (on all IQ tests) between '60 and '70. I was .0003 off the "bullseye" but the study included the "second ring" boarderline group down to the 99.9995 percentile, which I just made.

Are these percentile rankings less "obscene" than actual test numbers? Probably not... but you have gone there and I did drop a decimal place, quite "accidentally"... apparently just so you could enjoy a brief moment of egocentric glory at the top of the heap and gloat about it.

Sorry. I didn't intend to mislead you. It just happened.
And I was not "picking on you"... just bringing the intensity of radical honesty to the "question of genius" here afoot.

mikiel
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Shahrazad wrote:Well, for one, you keep making posts in the wrong forum. GF is not about pissing contests, and that is all you care about. You want to show that a teen can piss as far as an adult.

Get over yourself, kiddo.
You are just jealous, because females are disqualified from this contest for obvious reasons. Let the boys be. =}
It's just a ride.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

ChaoticMelody wrote:99.996 percentile that places your IQ at about 150 - 155, I am in the 99.9991 percentile.
An internet IQ test, was it? one of those which gave you something like 170 IQ score? :D

Dude, I know some people with sky-high IQs. I have one myself, and AFAICT from your posts so far, you ain't showing it.

BTW, a curious fact for you. Did you know that one of the greatest physicists of the 20th century, Richard Feynman, had an IQ of 125?

Touchy, touchy... Being a teenager is tough, ainnit?
Forethought Venus Wednesday