Cool puzzle

Post questions or suggestions here.
hsandman

Cool puzzle

Post by hsandman »

Thought this was intresting. What you people think is the answer?
Answer this riddle On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why? (Link)
It's just a ride.
nitty-gritty

Re: Cool puzzle

Post by nitty-gritty »

Great riddle! The link doesn't work, can you please post the URL?
Answer this riddle On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why?
The bathing suits were new and made from an experimental chemical (for extra-slickness or whatever) released a toxin in which through friction made its way into each swimmers pores and caused them to overdose, knocking them out instantly. (Oh and this was the reason why the swimmers were out, testing the new gear. That's so sad.)

Or they ate some bad shellfish.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

nitty-gritty wrote:Great riddle! The link doesn't work, can you please post the URL?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Answer_this_r ... rowned_Why
It's just a ride.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

1) They were survivors of a sunk boat, and drowned in the middle of the ocean due to lacking life preservers.

2) They drowned because of hypothermia. You didn't say it was a warm day...
Forethought Venus Wednesday
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

Yes! If I'm the first guy to answer this, then I make that the answer! Ha-haa!
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

vicdan wrote:1) They were survivors of a sunk boat, and drowned in the middle of the ocean due to lacking life preservers.
So ignorance killed them.
2) They drowned because of hypothermia. You didn't say it was a warm day...

Ignorance again?

I did not write that Riddle. I think it was Ignorance my self as well, that was the cause in any of the scenarios. (Because, they were ignorant and short sighted) <-cause.
The bathing suits were new and made from an experimental chemical (for extra-slickness or whatever) released a toxin in which through friction made its way into each swimmers pores and caused them to overdose, knocking them out instantly.
Ignorance again.

There is not enough information to determine exact cause of the deaths. The question/riddle is rhetorical. There is no correct answer. We all are just guessing why would 6 people drown without any apparent cause. Makes you think. :-)

Maybe, they swam out so far, that they could not get back to land? <- Ignorant, competitive bastards?
Last edited by hsandman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a ride.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why?
They drowned because they got water in their lungs.
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

But it wasn't ignorance on their part, if they were unaware of the chemical dangers...Or is that still ignorance?
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

That takes the cake!
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

nitty-gritty wrote:But it wasn't ignorance on their part, if they were unaware of the chemical dangers...Or is that still ignorance?
unaware
unaware

adjective

Not aware or informed: ignorant, innocent, oblivious, unacquainted, unconscious, unenlightened, unfamiliar, uninformed, unknowing, unwitting. Idioms: in the dark.
<- Nice. O_o
I, did not kill him.. the bullets and the fall did.
o_O
Last edited by hsandman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a ride.
maestro

Post by maestro »

hsandman wrote:Answer this riddle On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why?
Why not?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

hsandman - Thought this was intresting. What you people think is the answer?

Answer this riddle On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Answer_this_r ... rowned_Why

-tomas-
The swimmers would've been better off wearing swim wear (swim-suits) not bathing suits...

Reminds me of the early-mid sixties when gone to "bible camp" at Lake Spitzer, Minnesota. The "best" swimmer had swam around the lake 3 times that week. The last day there, he entered the water and was dead within 15 minutes. Nobody ever figured out why he drown(ded).

BTW - The link ain't linkin'

Tomas

hsandman

Post by hsandman »

maestro wrote:
hsandman wrote:Answer this riddle On a calm day in the calm water 6 good swimmers wearing bathing suits all drowned Why?
Why not?
There is always a cause/reason for things that happen. “Why not”, is something they probably thought as well, before going for a swim? :-D

Tomas: Not sure why the link is not working. Try pasting this in the browser from quote window:

http://wiki.answers.com/wiki.phtml?titl ... rowned_Why
Last edited by hsandman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's just a ride.
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

ARE YOU TELLING ME THERE'S NO ANSWER!!!

I login to get the answers!!! (aaaAAArrrRRRgggGGGhhhHHH!!!!)
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

nitty-gritty wrote:ARE YOU TELLING ME THERE'S NO ANSWER!!!

I login to get the answers!!! (aaaAAArrrRRRgggGGGhhhHHH!!!!)
There is only one really. No reason behind it, just ultimate cause.
Not enough information for anything more.

Is it enough though?
Last edited by hsandman on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a ride.
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

We don't have enough information for a cause and we need that, I need it!~!
nitty-gritty

Post by nitty-gritty »

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

hsandman - Tomas: Not sure why the link is not working. Try pasting this in the browser from quote window:

http://wiki.answers.com/wiki.phtml?titl ... rowned_Why[/quote]

-tomas-
Oh, the link worked alright... just didn't have the patience for it to load all the way.

Guess all the World Wide Web energies were focused on last nights' Game One of baseball World Series :-)

And as far as browser goes, i use an antique thing called MSN (WEB-TV), it's a lot handier in quick fixes (listserve, group-chat etc.) than the bulky computer is. So... no "updated" browser available with web-tv. The plus side of web-tv is that no one (other than Big Brother) can hack into this unit, no fuss - no muss, no viruses that can attach. Cool!

Musings from yesteryear - A childhood friend (Johnny from 8th grade) who i'd just been hangin' with a couple hours before his death, was electrocuted in his bathtub... he made the critical error (like he always did) of having his motor-driven turntable stereo next to the bathtub while he was "in" the bathtub... one too many 45's he was listening to ;-(

(What seemed like) For the rest of that school year, there was this other quasi-friend, Jerry Berg, he would go around singing, "John Kallias died of an electrical shock..." Jerry, himself, died in 1978 or '79 when a tree he was cutting down (near Velva) mysteriously fell on him... Interesting sidenote that he was hanging with the Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) about that time, Berkowitz (via Air Force) had some "satanic" friends in the Minot area, who were quite active in The Movement whatever that is all about, the pentagram's etc, their families were all high-ranking Odd Fellow Lodge Members. Anyways i was back in the North Dakota area on political consultant business, and met this David Berkowitz at a private gathering (his female friend [the witch] had some political connections from Montana and her aunt's dog was named Sam). Had a couple-hour discussion with "The Son of Sam", the fellow perhaps, blinked 3 times that whole time. A rather non-eventful evening though the dogs would howl something terrible every time David would stand up and look out the window at them. And the commotion of these would-be satanists going from one room to another with fellow traveler, John Carr, who, mysteriously found himself "suicided" a couple weeks later on Minot Air Force Base at a housing unit, by a shotgun blast to the head. Funny, the shotgun was found in the next room over (the kitchen), neatly leaning against the stove...

The Minot area is, reportedly, one of the five (power) points of the inverted pentagram, for the North American continent (actually, the USA "Proper")... all UN-member nations have a separate inverted pentagram located within their respective Capital city. And then, once again, even Antarctica has an inverted pentagram... tho the landmass is controlled by UN dictates, treaties, claims separate from the continental shelf. Those dang, planetary grid lines, especially the Blue Lines of Energy.

I presume, animals see different manifestations of our souls (electrical-nuclear wavelength energies) than humans recognize in each other by simple observations, guess it's that 'speed of light' (color spectrums) thingy that escapes most of us, you know, that corner of the eye movements that we sometimes pick up on, the strange eeriness that something was there, then "poof", it's gone! (only vague memories)

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

hsandman wrote:I did not write that Riddle. I think it was Ignorance my self as well, that was the cause in any of the scenarios. (Because, they were ignorant and short sighted) <-cause.
Is ignorance the cause of everything?

Old age -- "Too ignorant to alter one's own DNA to combat old age."

Cancer -- "Too ignorant to cure cancer."

Suicide -- "Too ignorant not to commit suicide!"

Ad infinitum.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

I find it funny to see hsandman blame ignorance for everything while being ignorant of the basic features of the world (such as middle-school science).
Forethought Venus Wednesday
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Neil Melnyk wrote:
hsandman wrote:I did not write that Riddle. I think it was Ignorance my self as well, that was the cause in any of the scenarios. (Because, they were ignorant and short sighted) <-cause.
Is ignorance the cause of everything?

Old age -- "Too ignorant to alter one's own DNA to combat old age."

Cancer -- "Too ignorant to cure cancer."

Suicide -- "Too ignorant not to commit suicide!"

Ad infinitum.
Yep.. so it seems.

Suicide though : "Too ignorant to live."? Do animals comit suicide? <-*Shrug*

Makes you think...I, am so ignorant..

Tomas and Trevor are leading though... (Free prize inside.)

Tomas: Strange company you keep.

"Australian publisher Rupert Murdoch had recently purchased the New York Post, and the paper offered perhaps the most sensational coverage of the crimes, vaulting from near-bankruptcy into profitability during the Son of Sam era."

Edit: Belive in magic do you?
Each of us must ask, if we are to truly be free of self-deceptions..."Who am I?". Until we answer that simple basic question, we will be belly-aching about those who control us whether they be Jews, Sabbateans or Satan. Did you know that Satan is derived from Hebrew. Satan is a metaphor for "Ignorance".
It's just a ride.