Finger Length Survey

Post questions or suggestions here.
Jamesh

Finger Length Survey

Post by Jamesh »

Index finger versus Ring finger

On my right hand my ring finger is marginally longer than my index finger (2mm), wheras on my left hand it is the reverse (3mm).

Digit Ratio: A Pointer to Fertility, Behavior and Health
http://human-nature.com/nibbs/02/manning.html

As an aside. I notice in that article
One might be tempted to speculate that racial variation in digit ratio may correspond to Ruston’s (1997) theory that populations closer to the equator are more r-selected, and thus are relatively more masculinized in utero and have higher adult testosterone levels.

So my speculation in the past about hotter temperatures producing more volatile personalities might be correct. This is why Muslims (and Sth Americans for thast matter) are so fucking hot tempered (and stupid in the traditional male way). They are more masculine and thus more inclined to fall under the spell of masculine leaders (we submit to wehat we desire), more denigrating of femininity and so on.
Last edited by Jamesh on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMcGilly07

Re: Finger Length Survey

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Both right and left-hand ring finger is 7mm longer.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Somewhere in the not so distant past archives there are topics of a similar natured themes, dealing with a BBC program that had to do with the differences between men and women. Data take separately, it was an interesting program, of course the entire dialogue was pointless misandry. Although, I find "misandry" to be an embarassing term, I can think none better to describe it. Oh, I know, I could just call it "contemporary."
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

James, what is a "5th American"?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

You are all bloke then. I'll have to have a look at your posts to try and determine how masculinely one-sided you viewpoints might appear to me (or otherwise).

I've known for a while there is a lot of female in me, though I have no homosexual tendencies. I'm curious about the difference in my two hands and am wondering if one side of my brain is more masculine than the other.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

5 = South
Somewhere in the not so distant past archives there are topics of a similar natured themes
Yes I recall this from a long time ago, but have forgotten it it amounted to anything. Different crowd now anyway.

Another aside. Must find out more about this Toxoplasma. I'm dying to find clues as to what Asians are more catlike than Westerners are.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Jamesh wrote:masculinely one-sided you viewpoints might appear to me
Heh, does this response of mine appear so to you?

Sorry if it doesn't, 2am here and I've got to hit it for the evening.

Thanks, for the explanation of 5th, and- you are what you eat.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Heh, does this response of mine appear so to you?
Nope. Too polite. Even though you've been here for a long time, for some reason I just don't know enough about your "vibe" from memory, so I'd need to look at what you've said before.

After a quick look, it is hard to tell. Definately masculine - short statements, to the point and so on - but not aggressive, so not overtly masculine (or perhaps not uncomfortable with your masculinity and thus not caused to be aggressive). I wonder if agressives are folks who have more of a constent tug of war struggle with masculinity over feminity -who knows! I'm hoping Kelly and Sue respond because they are overtly masculine females.
and- you are what you eat.
True enough. No thing is ever caused by a single direct cause though, so while what one eats may be the most dominant cause, there will be others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other articles about Toxoplasma
http://scienceblogs.com/loom/2006/08/01 ... me_the.php
http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/0 ... rasite.php
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,20 ... 77,00.html
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I can't recall Jim, your response to my explanation of the difference between willing and willingness.

It amounts to, what you see as masculinity, I see as femininity (aggressiveness and hot-temperedness).

Is this not an adequate response?

-
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Ring finger is 5 mm longer than index finger on both hands, resulting in a ratio of 0.94
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Kelly, I responded on the The affirmative nature of femininity thread.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yeah I don't mean to brag but my ring finger is definitely 20mm longer than my index finger. I'm too Masculine for words, that's right and I capitalized Masculine too.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Come on folks post your finger difference, I don't want to be the biggest pussy around here, and I am so far!
Yeah I don't mean to brag but my ring finger is definitely 20mm longer than my index finger
You might have a odd hand, or be a Yakuza - just for interest is the finger in between, longer than your ring finger.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Yeah Nick, you sound either deformed or confused. The index finger is the one between your thumb and the one that you flick people off with.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Jamesh wrote:Come on folks post your finger difference, I don't want to be the biggest pussy around here, and I am so far!
I don't think we need finger length statistics to.......

Damn, best not finish that though! :)
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Don't worry, Jamesh. My index finger is longer on both hands by about 30 mm...

This doesn't surprise me. I've been told I've had very feminine hands. And I'm also a beta-male. We don't need to do things like throwing spears.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Trevor
Don't worry, Jamesh. My index finger is longer on both hands by about 30 mm...
I'm smiling. Was really just attempting to find out how strong the correlation was. I don't particularly trust scientists to be honest with novel theories - they are often much like a company spruiking some new "wonder" product - they stretch truth so that it becomes lies.

Dan
It is girly for you to use this as an opportunity to take a dig, laddy.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Jamesh wrote:Dan
It is girly for you to use this as an opportunity to take a dig, laddy.
Well, yeah, but not half as girly as what I originally had in mind to say.
keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

My fourth is about half a key height longer than my second.
Is that good or bad?
like 8/9=my number, roughly
Nick

Post by Nick »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Yeah Nick, you sound either deformed or confused.
No, I'm just Super Masculine. Wait hold on, my ring finger just grew another 20mm, I'm getting more masculine by the moment! This has to make me the most Masculine man on the planet. So, who wants to worship me and my gigantic ring finger?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

No, I'm just Super Masculine. Wait hold on, my ring finger just grew another 20mm, I'm getting more masculine by the moment!
Mock the idea of checking finger sizes as much as you want. If you make an asssumption that hormones don't induce physical changes then you are an idiot.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

James thinks there is one right definition for feminine and for masculine, namely, the popularly accepted one.

So, if you don't think that hormones are greater evidence of high quality intellectualising than high quality intellectualising, you're distorted and warped --- And Off to the reject heap with you..........

-
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

James thinks there is one right definition for feminine and for masculine, namely, the popularly accepted one.
We are attempting to communicate, so the closer one's definitions are to established definitions the greater our opportunites will be to promote our ideas.
So, if you don't think that hormones are greater evidence of high quality intellectualising than high quality intellectualising, you're distorted and warped --- And Off to the reject heap with you..........
I have no idea what this messed up sentence might mean.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Jamesh wrote: K: James thinks there is one right definition for feminine and for masculine, namely, the popularly accepted one.

J: We are attempting to communicate, so the closer one's definitions are to established definitions the greater our opportunites will be to promote our ideas.
Communicate to the established-definitions-are-what-I-rely-on mindset?

Not on your nannygoat.

-
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Fascinating article about homsexuality.

The Science of Gaydar

What wiki says about Japanese Macaques, which is a bit different what is stated in the above article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Macaque