Nationalism/Internationalism

Post questions or suggestions here.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Jamesh wrote:We just expect yanks to be know more about us
You don't really want that though. If more Americans knew about your low crime rate, great education system, and modern utilities (Crocodile Dundee had us thinking Australians live in either a rickety shack or a lean-to, probably without running water or electricity), you'd be overrun with us. People are already moving their families from the cities to more urban settings to try to get away from the gangs and other bad influences on their children, but instead such things are moving to urban areas with them. The saying is that you can take the kid out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the kid. We'd contaminate you, too.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

We have all the Septic Tanks we can handle. We gave you Rupert Murdoch but that's no reason to threaten us with invasion!

Well, maybe it is........
Katy

Post by Katy »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:(Crocodile Dundee had us thinking Australians live in either a rickety shack or a lean-to, probably without running water or electricity)
Yeah, but with Crocodile Hunter accents!
-Katy
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Re the topic of this thread:

No, people don't have to fit in.

-
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I think a sign of increasing ntelligence is being able to live on progressively less, without any feeling of deprivation.

-
ChochemV2

Post by ChochemV2 »

I know a fair amount about Australia because I did a little research after watching Gallipoli (great movie, I recommend it).

Otherwise one of my favorite bands, Big Country, I believe is Australian and if you believe pictures Australia must have the largest Hot Babes/Acre ratio in the world.

Oh, and I know whatever the wildlife TV shows tell me because Discovery Channel was all about animals before the war, now they are all about killing shit. My viewing time has gone down quite a bit.