Dance Monkey Dance

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

It only requires such rigor if your natural tendencies are in an opposite direction. A person under such struggle is certainly no sage.

Having a smile does not mean groveling with the hordes of the delusional. In fact, it earns you the energy to more easily do just the opposite. Try it sometime.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Chuck Norris doesn't smile, he carves teeth into his lips with a Bowie knife.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Tharan wrote:It only requires such rigor if your natural tendencies are in an opposite direction. A person under such struggle is certainly no sage.
Disagree. Struggle is the hallmark of a sage. Without it the self-system reverts to entropy. Enlightenment, on the other hand, once reached, may be a self-sustaining state. I couldn't say.
Having a smile does not mean groveling with the hordes of the delusional. In fact, it earns you the energy to more easily do just the opposite.
Agreed. Smiling is good. Dumb videos, however, are just a waste of time.
Try it sometime.
Now that was a smirk, not a smile. Passive agressive will get you nowhere.
Good Citizen Carl
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

Tharan wrote:If I tickled every one of you people, how many could withstand the urge to smile? I know most of you would certainly give your best effort in resisting the urge. I'm sure there is a planet somewhere where that suppression is commendable.

But has suppression changed anything? Is there still a preference for judgement? Why?

Relax, I say. It makes everything easier and less prone to mistakes.
Are you saying people who didn't find that video hilarious must be suppressing their natural reaction? Is humor some kind of objective quality inherent in some things? This can't have been what you meant but what you said implies it.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

Carl G wrote:Passive agressive will get you nowhere.
I'm already somewhere.

Shardrol,

What I am pointing out is the posturing by some posters.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Carl: Passive agressive will get you nowhere.
Tharan: I'm already somewhere.
Of course you are, but you're being smarmy again.

Passive agressive will not advance you.
Good Citizen Carl
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

Funny, I always thought of my aggression as overt and active. It is how I am. But I can still laugh.