The Holy Trinity of QRS

Post questions or suggestions here.
s_e

The Holy Trinity of QRS

Post by s_e »

In this dramatically correct play I figure that "Rowden" must be playing the role of God [Father] because you never really see the guy yet he's somehow responsible for building and maintaining the structure of All that is This.

"Solway" is playing the role of the Holy Ghost [Mother] because he almost seems to blend into the background, emerging primarily to rush to Quinn's defense as if he were Quinn's own personal divine protector.

That leaves "Quinn" to act out the role of the Messiah [Child], the Enlightened One.

Naturally, no Holy Trinity can get by without a common enemy to project those parts of the self that they cannot accept and tolerate, thus, we see "The Feminine" playing the role of all that is evil and reprehensible in man [The Devil]. Ooooh. Scary! She's so dark and sinister!

*shrug* I guess everything old is new again.

QRS <-- A quirky little drama coming to you this fall on Fox.

Last edited by s_e on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin Solway

Substance

Post by Kevin Solway »

If you want your topics to remain on the main forum, you'll have to put more substance into them relating to wisdom and enlightenment.

The above is just aimless gossip.
s_e

Post by s_e »

[Duly chastised, s_e hangs head in shame.]

Yes, mommy. You are right, of course. It would be foolish to associate anything related to QRS with enlightenment.
Dan Rowden

Re: The Holy Trinity of QRS

Post by Dan Rowden »

s_e wrote:In this dramatically correct play I figure that "Rowden" must be playing the role of God [Father] because you never really see the guy yet he's somehow responsible for building and maintaining the structure of All that is This.

Actually I'm not responsible for and cannot take any credit for the creation or maintainance of the phpBB version of Genius Forum. That's Kevin's work. Also I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would insert a link in your post to the very board you're at and posting to. One of life's little mysteries I suppose...
BJMcGilly

Post by BJMcGilly »

Reactivity to his more calm posts not found, S_E engages in character assassination, claiming 'QSR' participants in a drama of sorts.

Meanwhile, the only drama I perceive here is being brought by s_e, with the odd snide remark.

I'm sure many here could've predicted your eventual slide towards an embarrasingly feminine display of childish name-calling, but the unrecognized child at the dinner table is want to act out for attention until, unrecognized, he leaves or is sent to his room.

Seen it. All. Before.

If you cannot respect, attack. But attack with reason.
s_e

Post by s_e »

Oh come now Billy. You're surely not so invested in the teachings of "QRS" that you can't see the humor in poking fun at a couple of men -- one of whom had a girlfriend when he was ten, the other who has had one romantic relationship and currently lives off the dole -- presenting themselves as enlightened gurus who are experts on all that is feminine. If you can't, then you're either not reading my posts or not reading my mail because I have been laughing my ass off for days now and I am far from the only one.

The game is called ego-stripping and if you're going to criticize it in me, you got a lot of explaining to do as to why you don't become an equally stern paragon of virtue and wave your arms about when the hosts do it to others. Or were you one of those in the camp that believes they're operating from a higher purpose when they do so -- because they're "enlightened" 'n' all?
s_e

Post by s_e »

Actually I'm not responsible for and cannot take any credit for the creation or maintainance of the phpBB version of Genius Forum.

My apologies, Rowden. It seemed to me that you were the only one doing any actual work around here.
BJMcGilly

Post by BJMcGilly »

s_e wrote:Oh come now Billy.
My name's Bryan, what's yours, s_e?
You're surely not so invested in the teachings of "QRS" that you can't see the humor in poking fun at a couple of men -- one of whom had a girlfriend when he was ten, the other who has had one romantic relationship and currently lives off the dole -- presenting themselves as enlightened gurus who are experts on all that is feminine. If you can't, then you're either not reading my posts or not reading my mail because I have been laughing my ass off for days now and I am far from the only one.
I don't see them as gurus. I don't dig gurus. I dig the God I'm in. I do respect them as teachers of a sort, but it's only because their words and thoughts resonate with mine, and have helped tremendously. God doesn't know where I'd be without a chance search on the web.

The main reason I respect them is because in conversation, and in reading their works, I never came across any logical contradiction to my own thinking / experience, reason as I tried.
The game is called ego-stripping and if you're going to criticize it in me, you got a lot of explaining to do as to why you don't become an equally stern paragon of virtue and wave your arms about when the hosts do it to others. Or were you one of those in the camp that believes they're operating from a higher purpose when they do so -- because they're "enlightened" 'n' all?
Did they pass your test? Your digs seem to have garnered no mean response here.

I spend the majority of my time thinking, and reading, and when inspired I write. I've never seen the hosts go to quite the same extent as yourself in character assassination (if at all, I don't remember any time that a given label was not more eagerly expressed in the labeled's own words), and any sort of digs are well-aimed and I think well-timed. I don't think any of them are perfect, but they are the wisest men I've come across in my 25 years. As for me, my abyss is my matter.
s_e

Post by s_e »

Last edited by s_e on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

Talk about a case of serious Playa Hatin. Jeez.
s_e

Post by s_e »

How very gracious of you to withdraw your tongue from David's ass long enough to say "Hello" Tharan.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Give it away, s_e. You really arent saying anything that hasn't been said before, and will continue to spiral out as essentially false.
s_e

Post by s_e »

Give it away, s_e. You really arent saying anything that hasn't been said before, and will continue to spiral out as essentially false.

D'uh. Have you been paying any attention Quinn... err, I mean, prince? I'm certain that somewhere, in a post that hasn't already been edited by will or duress, you will find me saying that all the great spiritual truths have already been said and therefore, what was the point of hissy fits such as yours as to what posts of mine I do or do not remove?

But maybe... maybe... I'm wrong.

???

But who am I to worry my pretty little head about such things?! After all, the trinity of QRS will surely ensure our personal salvation!

Long live QRS!!!
Last edited by s_e on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

What is compassion, exactly?

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

s_e wrote:
How very gracious of you to withdraw your tongue from David's ass long enough to say "Hello" Tharan.
I'm not sure that I see the point in you staying here, s_e. You seem to be getting increasingly bitter with every passing day, to the point where you are now being openly vile and abusive towards people. I really think you should cool it a bit.

Perhaps you should go away for a while and collect yourself. Come back when you are feeling a bit calmer and more positive about everything.

-
s_e

Post by s_e »

B...b...but... I was INVITED, David!

Seriously.

How 'bout you go away and think on that.

As above, so below.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Despite our warnings, s_e has yet again deleted another post, and because of this I have banned her. Let us hope that she accepts this action with the grace that befits a spiritual practitioner.

-
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Banning s_e was a bit extreme.

The opening volley on how "she" was describing The Big Three was sheer humor. I didn't take it that seriously but apparently McGilly and soe other fanatic did...

I rather enjoyed where the thread was going ... poking some fun at the 'holy trinity' was right on topic.

Now that Marsha broad had a disgusting manner about her ... perhaps it was the drug she was taking that created such a mood swing in her writings.

BTW - The tongue up the ass comment was remembering the humor of:

What is the difference between an ass-kisser and a brown-noser?

David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

As I say, s_e was banned for starting to delete her past posts again, despite being warned the last time she did it. She wasn't banned because of the content of her posts.

Deleting past posts is an absolute no-no, in my book.

She has even thanked me for it. I think she wanted me to ban her because she didn't have the will-power to leave of her own accord and was becoming increasingly bitter over it.

-
Tightie_Whitie

Post by Tightie_Whitie »

She has even thanked me for it. I think she wanted me to ban her because she didn't have the will-power to leave of her own accord and was becoming increasingly bitter over it.

Isn't that a nice story. :-)

In truth, my words were more along the lines of you danced well when I pulled your strings.

... poking some fun at the 'holy trinity' was right on topic.

Ha! It was a hoot and a half! Nice to see someone who doesn't take themselves so seriously around here.

Anyway. Fun times.

Laytah.
Tek

Post by Tek »

Tightie_Whitie wrote:She has even thanked me for it. I think she wanted me to ban her because she didn't have the will-power to leave of her own accord and was becoming increasingly bitter over it.

Isn't that a nice story. :-)

In truth, my words were more along the lines of you danced well when I pulled your strings.

... poking some fun at the 'holy trinity' was right on topic.

Ha! It was a hoot and a half! Nice to see someone who doesn't take themselves so seriously around here.

Anyway. Fun times.

Laytah.

Making fun of another is not Englightment but

Fallening. I have put the food on the table, will you eat it?

That is for you to decide.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

I agree. The decision is merely to eat the food or to not eat the food. The bowl is irrelevant. The table is irrelevant. The cook is irrelevant.

But is the food irrelevant?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

One of the three zen-masters said (a short while back) that Worldly Matters is the opposite o the Genius Forum. Geez, a little side humor is needed o this forum. No more salt 'n peppa from Marsha Faizi suggests that:

First they came for the jews.

Then, the muslims.

Any body that ain't white.

Then, the Oz PM, John Howard, got into the act and demanded that Genius Forums not allow anyone to criticize the Holy Trinity. 'Specially on Worldly Matters. Mortal sin of the nth degree.

Then, they came for the Holy Trinity ... why? cuz there wuz no one left at the table.

PS - I'm not here 24/7/365. It'd be nice to give a fair hearing as you all did with that Ray dude. Take a poll of the fence sitters.

Ya wanna get all hot and heavy with the serious genius - stay on Genius.

Leave the Worldly Matters to simmer a bit.

Then, they came for me :-|

Tomas (the tank)
VietNam veteran - 1971

David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

People are free to humour away, mock the holy trinity, poke fun at whatever they want. Just don't delete the past posts.

Got a good fart joke?

-
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

David wrote:
Despite our warnings, s_e has yet again deleted another post, and because of this I have banned her. Let us hope that she accepts this action with the grace that befits a spiritual practitioner.
Tomas replied:
Banning s_e was a bit extreme.
and
PS - I'm not here 24/7/365. It'd be nice to give a fair hearing...
I did see the fair warnings (multiple with clear explinations about why deleting posts was not acceptable here), so as much as I really like se, I consider David's action as fair.

I respect you Tomas, and I know it would be tedious to fish the warnings out of all the posts in the last few weeks, so I thought I'd let you know that I did see the warnings (and I hope that no one is expected to be here 24/7/365 - I've certainly decided to take breaks).