Bible Passages: In God We Trust

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Bible Passages: In God We Trust

Post by mensa-maniac »

In God We Trust

Passage Daniel 2:19-23

19) That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven. 20) He said, Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. 21) He controls the course of world events, he removes Kings and sets up other Kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. 22) He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. 23)
I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded.
Tomas

Re: Bible Passages: In God We Trust

Post by Tomas »

mensa-maniac wrote:In God We Trust

Passage Daniel 2:19-23

19) That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven. 20) He said, Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. 21) He controls the course of world events, he removes Kings and sets up other Kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. 22) He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. 23)
I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded.
I hope you will accidently insult Goliath, thou armpit of Satan!
Don't run to your death
Animus

Post by Animus »

Ever heard of Praxis, Theosis, Kenosis, Phronema?

I got this message from Katdanmo on youtube:

Oh man oh man you have to learn so much, use your little tiny brain for once! Your leaders are celebrating the Christmas, that video talks about your cult leaders, who cares about you! You are suffering from Santa Clause syndrom too! That is funny how tiny is the size of ahteists brains!

Blah blah blah blah blah, you sound like a broken records
What is it with these atheists, they love to throw nonse sense words at people!
You make, absolutely!, no sense! THere is absolutely no facts no logic behind your stupid arguments
ZERO!

This user has a variety of videos expressing his/her love of Christianity and hate of everything else. His/her profile adorned a picture of Pope Benedict XVI, when I saw this I related a statement made by Pope Benedict XVI pertaining to our discussion:

Christianity must always remember that it is the religion of the "Logos." It is faith in the "Creator Spiritus," in the Creator Spirit, from which proceeds everything that exists. Today, this should be precisely its philosophical strength, in so far as the problem is whether the world comes from the irrational, and reason is not, therefore, other than a "sub-product," on occasion even harmful of its development or whether the world comes from reason, and is, as a consequence, its criterion and goal. The Christian faith inclines toward this second thesis, thus having, from the purely philosophical point of view, really good cards to play, despite the fact that many today consider only the first thesis as the only modern and rational one par excellence. However, a reason that springs from the irrational, and that is, in the final analysis, itself irrational, does not constitute a solution for our problems. Only creative reason, which in the crucified God is manifested as love, can really show us the way. In the so necessary dialogue between secularists and Catholics, we Christians must be very careful to remain faithful to this fundamental line: to live a faith that comes from the "Logos," from creative reason, and that, because of this, is also open to all that is truly rational.

On April 1, 2005, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (who would become Pope Benedict XVI just over two weeks later)

In response Katdanmo sent me this:

We advise you to stop chasing your tails like deullusional ....stupid dogs!

LOL

Obviously that is the only thing your small brain can handle!
Now sit, now roll over, good doggy!
Here is yoru treat!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Theology without action (praxis) is the theology of demons." —Maximus the Confessor
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

My book;

Let us praise this thing we feel, that communicator of hope, love, and warmth! That endorphin labelled God!

Let us excuse rationalization, and believe in ink upon paper older than anything we know!

Preach to me, oh stranger! Tell me how I can relate to you!

Your words so grand, loud, and hippocrytical, how can I see through your eyes?
How can I reach such endorphines as you?

Ah love, but what is it other than a feeling.

God.
To think or not to think.
Animus

Post by Animus »

What's love got to do, got to do with it?

What's love but a second-hand emotion?

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

i cannot trust god just as i cannot trust superman.
Tomas

Herod

Post by Tomas »

I hope you will be trampled by a herd of stampeding pigs, O thou relative of Herod.
Don't run to your death
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

God = endorphines and mixed logic. Have fun with that.
To think or not to think.