The Genius and trust

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)
DEL

The Genius and trust

Post by DEL »

The Genius has a super-conscious distrust of everyone. As a result the inverse becomes true, he has a subconscious trust of everyone. The facial expression of a Genius shows this balance.
The ordinary man becomes bitter and cynical as a result of having been let down by people he has trusted to many times. He has a conscious distrust of everyone which he is unable to sustain thereby ending up trusting people and being disappointed yet again. The simple man appears comparatively happy all the time as if without a memory. Constantly fooling himself.
The woman of course is no wiser either way and makes her way through life on the opinion of as many so called "friends" as she can sustain. That is why she lives for gossip and can always find a convenient shoulder to cry on.

Do you agree?
WolfsonJakk

The Genius and trust

Post by WolfsonJakk »

Write a book.
suergaz

----

Post by suergaz »

I think I agree, but I disagree that woman lives for gossip, though she understands its influence better than any. Where the exceptional man decides to himself that a rumour will travel and counters it by redefining his position in advance, he cannot always account for its transformative nature as the exceptional woman does, by advancing it herself.

Genius must underestimate the power of superstition. An unusual case of survival where adaption would prove fatal.

birdofhermes

Re: The Genius and trust

Post by birdofhermes »

Quote:Quote:<hr>The Genius has a super-conscious distrust of everyone. As a result the inverse becomes true, he has a subconscious trust of everyone. Do you agree? <hr> I do DEL, because it describes me quite well. Edited by: birdofhermes at: 2/5/04 2:54 am
silentsal

Post by silentsal »

Quote:Quote:<hr>The Genius has a super-conscious distrust of everyone. As a result the inverse becomes true, he has a subconscious trust of everyone. The facial expression of a Genius shows this balance.<hr>

i agree with this also, and yes generally woman get turned by gossip i can even see this occuring in me, although my awareness of it counters it to a large degree it is nonetheless there and very subtle

jimhaz

Post by jimhaz »

One of Dels more easily understood posts.

The ordinary man...has a conscious distrust of everyone which he is unable to sustain thereby ending up trusting people and being disappointed yet again

I think this distrust is caused by the survival of the fittest instinct, from which I believe all 'greed' comes from. The ordinary man is unable to sustain this because of herd instincts. Were he to continually express this distrust, as many aggressive males do, then he would become an outcast and become separate from the comfort of the herd.
The herd continually reinforces the need to follow orders, to not let ones 'distrust' get out of hand, and so we have continually changing morals, fashions, trends, religions, group 'reasoning', so as to make the potential individual a bit lost. Although these things change form, they all retain an underlying principle that you can't do things that harm the herd. Progressively a sufficient number of herd nemes get stored in memory for subservience to automatically become part of their nature. Wherever they are placed into a position where greed might conflict with the interests of their group or society they go to the rules stored in their brains. These days being feminine minded and material greed are good or moral so that is OK.

Young adolescent males form anti-societal gangs due to this conflict between their survival greed and the interests of the main herd and/or they resort to dangerous activities as those activities offer them a form of irrational release from this conflict by challenging their survival instinct.

The ordinary genius is little different, they challenge the survival instinct by trying to overcome it by the use of whatever they regard as reason rather than danger.

The enlightened genius as they know the true nature of people does not need to be afraid of the greed of others as they are entirely confident that the solidity of their reasoning can meet this challenge, but more importantly they have mostly overcome the irrational outcomes that survival instincts cause and have little greed, except for more wisdom.

The simple man has little logical processing power and relies pretty much entirely on the stored 'be good' memories. Often though their survival greed gets the better of them and they step outside of these accepted norms, normally as a result of the confusion alcohol and drugs create in the processing areas or the limitations of poorly structured and controlled greeds/reasoning of their immediate group, and undertake actions that lead to significant conflicts with the herd, such as rape, thieving, violence, which can spiral out of control via guilt at failing societies expectations and they end up in jail or addicts or bums on the street. The same can happen to 'ordinary' men or traditional geniuses . Women tend to have less problems in this regard as the herd instinct is stronger. Gossip simply reinforces this instinct, that is what gossip is.

Negative gossip about famous people though is different, that is often a form of delusionary smugness that ones own life is more under control, which is why it is entertaining. Edited by: jimhaz at: 2/5/04 4:49 am
DEL

The Genius and trust

Post by DEL »

Quote:Quote:<hr>suergaz
Where the exceptional man decides to himself that a rumour will travel and counters it by redefining his position in advance, he cannot always account for its transformative nature as the exceptional woman does, by advancing it herself. <hr>

Rumours travel like a split bottle of ink in a swimming pool. The collective and women disperse and distort information by nature. How can trust them as much as you can trust the media.

Quote:Quote:<hr>silentsal
i agree with this also, and yes generally woman get turned by gossip i can even see this occuring in me, although my awareness of it counters it to a large degree it is nonetheless there and very subtle<hr>

Gossip magazines are hardly ever purchased by men.
Why do you try to resist gossiping when it is in your nature as a woman? What do you aim to achieve?

Quote:Quote:<hr>jimhaz
These days being feminine minded and material greed are good or moral so that is OK.<hr>

Why do you say "These days". Do you have an idea of a time when things were different? Can you understand the difference?

DEL

The Genius and trust

Post by DEL »

Secrecy protects masculine trust.
Publicity is the affirmation of feminine trust.
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Rumours travel like a split bottle of ink in a swimming pool. The collective and women disperse and distort information by nature. How can trust them as much as you can trust the media.<hr>

I'm afraid I must be trusting DEL. You see, I'm not afraid. (:D)

Quote:Quote:<hr>Secrecy protects masculine trust.
Publicity is the affirmation of feminine trust.<hr>

Privacy and publicity are very much the same thing to me. Personality on the other hand...

Dave Toast

Re: ---

Post by Dave Toast »

Nobody is ever let down by other people. Rather they are let down by themselves. They let themselves down in what they allow themselves to believe of others and how much value they assign to said belief being borne out.
suergaz

----

Post by suergaz »

There is exception to that Dave. There are those who are not in any way borne by belief, are open to others in all instances and yet are conspired against in the most dismal scenarios. What you say would hold true if stupidity did not exist.
Dave Toast

Re: ----

Post by Dave Toast »

What I said holds true only because stupidity exists.

I remember Zappa theorising that it is the most abundant element in the universe.

There is relative consolation though. I'm an ass, yes, but so is everybody else.

I'm an ass, you're an ass. What better place to start concerning human relations.
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

Toast, you are but a mother of invention posting the above.

We shall see.
silentsal

Re: ----

Post by silentsal »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Gossip magazines are hardly ever purchased by men.
Why do you try to resist gossiping when it is in your nature as a woman? What do you aim to achieve?.<hr>

well i do not resist buying gossip magazines, i enjoy reading star and national enquirer, this i don't question i just enjoy. As for gossiping because i am interested in cause/effect i can see the how letting myself get caught up in the gossip becomes a cause for much confusion so I resist the temptation, by the simple act of being aware of it. Lots of gossip does not affect me at all but if i have some empathy for a particular viewpoint i can get swept away by it.

DEL

--------

Post by DEL »

As for gossiping because i am interested in cause/effect i can see the how letting myself get caught up in the gossip becomes a cause for much confusion so I resist the temptation, by the simple act of being aware of it. Lots of gossip does not affect me at all but if i have some empathy for a particular viewpoint i can get swept away by it.<hr>

Your resisting temptation is like a little pool of stagnate water at low tide.
Your being aware of the gossip and not saying anything is like a piece of ice in a wet sink basin.

Quote:Quote:<hr>well i do not resist buying gossip magazines, i enjoy reading star and national enquirer, this i don't question i just enjoy.<hr>

Of course you must continue to do this.
What would be left of you if you didn't?
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

I love DELS analogies above. I hate his last paragraph.
silentsal

Re: ---

Post by silentsal »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Your resisting temptation is like a little pool of stagnate water at low tide.
Your being aware of the gossip and not saying anything is like a piece of ice in a wet sink basin<hr>

Well I don't resist saying anything I do say lots haha but what i do resist is getting caught up in all the BS I am saying.

As for being nothing without reading Gossip mags well I am nothing to begin with so not sure how reading gossip mags makes me anything.

There isn't even ONE there is ZERO
DEL

Genius dating agency

Post by DEL »

As for being nothing without reading Gossip mags well I am nothing to begin with so not sure how reading gossip mags makes me anything.

There isn't even ONE there is ZERO <hr>

Very impressive!
We'll have to get you married off to jimhaz.
Have you noticed him?
What do you think?
Dan Rowden

Re: Genius dating agency

Post by Dan Rowden »

The Genius has no need of trust. Trust is for people who lack knowledge and are attached.

Dan Rowden
DEL

Post by DEL »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Dan Rowden
The Genius has no need of trust. Trust is for people who lack knowledge and are attached.<hr>

Depends on what kind of knowledge and what kind of attachment.
It is possible that the Genius could see everything and know nothing. Specific concentrated knowledge might have an overall blinding effect.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Trust is a psychological trait exhibited by those who experience fear at possible outcomes. The Genius has no such fear.

Dan Rowden