The Alpha and The Omega

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)
DEL

The Alpha and The Omega

Post by DEL »

Absolute value - The Omega group.
This group believe that the human being has an absolute value and the human being must also have an ultimate purpose. Absolute value and ultimate purpose can be quantified with money. In this group blood money, slavery and bridal purchase are acceptable. Everything has a price even you.
(By the way have you checked your life insurance policy recently?)

Infinite value - The Alpha group.
This group believe the human being has infinite value and that the purpose of the human being can only be seen by the enlightened.

So when you listen to an Omega person wrestling with the question of enlightenment they are just trying to find the current market value of the human being which appears to vary relative to region. There are certain difficulties in ascertaining the exact quantity and quality of a human being as that is variable also.

How much do you think you are worth?

suergaz

Re: The Alpha and The Omega

Post by suergaz »

I am without value! I can guess though at what would be made up for my bounty! But I'd be assassinatin' assassins like a bad ass muthafuckin ninja. Edited by: suergaz at: 2/3/04 6:46 pm
DEL

The Alpha and The Omega

Post by DEL »

If you had to buy your wife would you respect her more?
jimhaz

Post by jimhaz »

We do buy our wives, with money and made-up love.
Just as a women buys a husband with made-up feminity and a promise of eternity via kids.

The sad fact is that life has no value, except to the one who possesses it.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Zag wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr>I am without value!<hr>

Finally! Something comprehensible that we can agree on! :)

Dan Rowden
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

(:D) What could have been more comprehensible than my ninja remark?

My life may not have fixed value, but my valuing of life makes me more valuable than most.

Jimhaz once wrote something profound about there being no respect amongst the enlightened.

Love and possession is more real than cause and effect!
ynithrix

re:

Post by ynithrix »

I believe each has a relative and variable value (depending on his contribution to the tribe), which is also dependent on his actions. A man may have profound abilities, but is no more valuable than any other if he doesn't use those abilities.

"Love and possession is more real than cause and effect!"

Love and possession are caused.
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

Hence, they are more real.

ynithrix

re:

Post by ynithrix »

I disagree, but nevermind.
That which causes them to be felt is very real, but themselves are illusionary.
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

Well? Are you going to say what this very real thing/things is/are that you say causes what you say are illusions?!

You only say 'nevermind' because you have no argument apart from your untruth.

jimhaz

Re: ---

Post by jimhaz »

"Love and possession is more real than cause and effect!"

Your contentment in your aloneness is an illusion. We always want what we don't have. You want to possess 'love', and so you constantly reject ultimate wisdom, as it means you can't have love with a female.

I think you've gone to far down the path of wisdom to be able to love. So either fuck of and relearn how to be a herd member or stop whinging about the QRS. You'll have to make the choice at some time.

I think you are a bit sucicidal at present, so what I'm saying here is dangerous, but I'm willing to say it because I think you are too wise to do that.
suergaz

-----

Post by suergaz »

jimhaz, it is as though someone scalped you, bored a hole, and shat into your head.

'Ultimate wisdom'----

What a factitious crutch for people who, no matter how much they come to know, will never be wise.

It really is as DEL once said----You are a coward.
Rairun

Post by Rairun »

Jimhaz, I don't follow you there. Saying that loving is not wise is the same as saying you can't eat because the food has no inherent existence.
jimhaz

Re: ...

Post by jimhaz »

My comments are addressed to philosophical people.

Love is only wise for those who believes it solves problems and believe they experience it.

I don’t believe it solves problems and have never experienced it, except for infatuation. Any long term relationships have been argument-feasts.

Love is not wise for those who don't that much comfort in it and who wish to remain individuals.

In terms of different groups getting on a love of fellow man with reason is wise. The desire of or possession of love can also stop people from going crazy.

It is a necessary part of society, and a necessary concept to aspire to for most folk, but it is not the only way to go through life.
suergaz

-----

Post by suergaz »

Philosophical people jimhaz?! What do you think philosophy is apart from the love of wisdom?
jimhaz

Re: -----

Post by jimhaz »

You argue like many woman, picking at small points and taking things out of the reasonably obvious context. A childish game player.

I'll have to resist responding to you, unless you've made some comment that reverses my opinion.
Rairun

Post by Rairun »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Love is only wise for those who believes it solves problems and believe they experience it.<hr>
No, love is only wise for those who are love. It's not a matter of believing you experience it. You are the experience.

I can't see what problem there is to be solved.

Quote:Quote:<hr>I don’t believe it solves problems and have never experienced it, except for infatuation. Any long term relationships have been argument-feasts.<hr>
What problems?

Quote:Quote:<hr>Love is not wise for those who don't that much comfort in it and who wish to remain individuals<hr>
Love is not a mean, it's an end in itself.

To the wise person there are no means, just ends.

Quote:Quote:<hr>It is a necessary part of society, and a necessary concept to aspire to for most folk, but it is not the only way to go through life.<hr>
I never argued that it is the only way to go through life. It is just the most intelligent one, if you happen to be love. Edited by: Rairun at: 2/5/04 11:05 am
suergaz

---

Post by suergaz »

There is no such thing as a 'reasonably obvious context' you fart sniffer. I picked the only point worth picking. Read over and you'll see who has picked the small ones.

"I'll have to do this and this if you don't reverse my whatsit"

Fuck that. Aren't you a man?
jimhaz

Re: ---

Post by jimhaz »

Rairun

It all sounds a bit Mills-and-Boonish to me. Read David's WOMEN book and ask yourself if you have the dream.

Personally I don't regard the manner in which most folks live together after a few years as 'love', it is just suitable arrangments, the comforts of the known, the doing things together. It is more compatible and interjoined lifestyles than anything else.

Whenever someone dies the sorrow you feel is mostly for your loss, not theirs.
suergaz

----

Post by suergaz »

I keep forgetting Jim, you're soft. You have said you "live for the next thing" ----do you have dreams?

Rairun

Post by Rairun »

Quote:Quote:<hr>It all sounds a bit Mills-and-Boonish to me. Read David's WOMEN book and ask yourself if you have the dream.<hr>

I haven't read it, and it's not avaiable anymore. I was going to guess what the dream is and answer your question, but then I thought that maybe you could explain what it is first.

Quote:Quote:<hr>Personally I don't regard the manner in which most folks live together after a few years as 'love', it is just suitable arrangments, the comforts of the known, the doing things together. It is more compatible and interjoined lifestyles than anything else.<hr>

Well, there's nothing wrong with that either, if that's what you are. If you do it without wanting it, then it's just stupidity.

Quote:Quote:<hr>Whenever someone dies the sorrow you feel is mostly for your loss, not theirs.<hr>

Maybe there are some cases in which that's not true, but I'm not going to argue about it. It might as well always be selfish. The thing is that it doesn't actually matter why you feel sorrow. What matters is that you feel it.

If I truly wanted not to feel sorrow, I wouldn't do it. But if I'm feeling it, I do want it, and I'm only fooling myself if I say I don't.

The problem here is that you see sorrow as a bad consequence that should be eliminated, not as your will of sorrow. To feel sorrow is wise if you are sorrow.