Why? Or: Why not?

Some partial backups of posts from the past (Feb, 2004)
Paul

Why? Or: Why not?

Post by Paul »

Okay. From the Thinkers' Inn:

My question must have been put here
before. Why isn't there a search box
in this forum?
I mean, one can put a name in, a subject,
word, whatever, and there are the results.

Maybe 'ezboard' doesn't allow such a quite
useful frivolity?
I don't know.

So, why? Or not.
jimhaz

Re: Why? Or: Why not?

Post by jimhaz »

I raised this once before, myself. There are technical issues that prevent searching. Dan would provide if he could.
Paul

Re: Why? Or: Why not?

Post by Paul »

Dan, or Kevin.
He's a computer wizard.

Thank you, jimhaz.
Have a great weekend!

Lbartoli

whatever

Post by Lbartoli »

Yes, the major gripe i have with this forum is: When i come back the following day, its sometimes a pain, and certainly a waste of time, locating which threads i might be expecting a response on--ie. threads i posted the day before. Maybe there is a way to keep track of this that im not aware of besides, i mean, jotting the thread name down on paper notes.

Leo

ps Dan, what happened to Marsha? I hope not a nervous breakdown.
voce io

Re: whatever

Post by voce io »

You can click on your own name, and check your recent posts.
Lbartoli

forum

Post by Lbartoli »

Oh, thats handy.

I had no idea i was such a "private" person!

Leo
WolfsonJakk

Re: forum

Post by WolfsonJakk »

I too would like to hear from Marsha again. But I think the wordings of certain phrases did not hit the intended mark. Rather, they hit "home," so to speak. It is unfortunate. I enjoyed her input.
jimhaz

Post by jimhaz »

Same here Tharan.

I attacked her constantly about her relative feminity-masculinity and don't always word things in the best manner, but from the quality of what she wrote in what appeared in Genius News made me believe it should have been all water off a ducks back. She insisted it was. I have no regrets, but I miss her fire.
birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes »

I'm afraid Wolf is probably right, and its funny that while she toed the misogynist line, she finally saw that she would not be seen as a person, but only as an inferior, and that men she knew were her inferior were treated with more respect.

I feel that way too, and it is one more crack in a rather long list of cracks in the misogynist philosophy here which show it to be anything but objective.

I don't really think it was you that made her leave, Jimmy, although you may have contributed. I'd say her leaving is a good sign, a sign of strength.

suergaz

----

Post by suergaz »

I think it was I who made Marsha leave, but I didn't want her to. I think she fell in love with me.
jimhaz

Re: ----

Post by jimhaz »

I don't really think it was you that made her leave, Jimmy, although you may have contributed. I'd say her leaving is a good sign, a sign of strength.

I don't disagree on both points. I only can't say I agree because I don't know.
Paul

Re: suergaz!

Post by Paul »

Quote:Quote:<hr>I think it was I who made Marsha leave, but I didn't want her to. I think she fell in love with me. <hr>
You son of a something!
Something different.

birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes »

Quote:Quote:<hr>I think it was I who made Marsha leave, but I didn't want her to. I think she fell in love with me.<hr> But that is the reason I stay! I am in love with all of you.
cassiopeiae

Post by cassiopeiae »

By the way, as I log in through EZboard, the main page of Genius forum has the menu at the top...

My Control Center | Logout | Show new only | Mark ALL forums read | Search | Help

Search worked for me......