Latest pilgrimage

Post questions or suggestions here.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: Latest pilgrimage

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

daybrown wrote:The Aspertame bomb is coming as well. The first rat studies didnt show a problem; after two years, the standard protocol, they dissected the rats and didnt find any problems. But recently, somebody repeated the study, only this time keeping the rats going til they died... more like 3 years. And when the rats got past middle age for rats, the cancer rate went thru the roof.
May I have a link to that one please? I was on heavy aspertame from the time I was an infant (when all they had was Tab and Fresca) until my late 20's. I hardly touch the stuff now, but I'd like a look-see to know what I need to focus on preventing in myself.

I do believe that cancer is a mind-over-matter issue as far as not getting it in the first place, or even in beating it up to a certain point. Thing is, a person has to be aware enough and have a good enough focus to pull it off.
Tomas

Aspartame Research Needed, Not Coca-Cola Soft Sell

Post by Tomas »

http://www.opednews.com/articles/life_a ... arch_n.htm

(and)
Try Dr Mercola's website http://www.mercola.com use the search engine!

Michael J. Fox's "problems" with Parkinson's started not too much later than when he signed on as a pitchman for Diet Pepsi...

When he started to realize it may be aspartame poisoning he began speaking out - only to have Pepsi Corp. say he took the money $5-6 million, (signed a contract) and if he didn't "shut up" he would be sued...

The Weston Foundation is another good site.

Or... Just use your favorite search engine google, hot bot, yahoo MSN, whatever and type-in "aspartame side effects" sucralose bla bla

It's even in Wrigley's spearmint chewing gum - the sneaks don't even have to label it "diet" anymore. It sucks - had to give up my favorite chew :-(

Thanks, Donald Rumsfeld

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

daybrown

Re: Aspartame Research Needed, Not Coca-Cola Soft Sell

Post by daybrown »

Tomas wrote:.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/life_a ... arch_n.htm

(and)
Try Dr Mercola's website http://www.mercola.com use the search engine!

Michael J. Fox's "problems" with Parkinson's started not too much later than when he signed on as a pitchman for Diet Pepsi...

When he started to realize it may be aspartame poisoning he began speaking out - only to have Pepsi Corp. say he took the money $5-6 million, (signed a contract) and if he didn't "shut up" he would be sued...

The Weston Foundation is another good site.

Or... Just use your favorite search engine google, hot bot, yahoo MSN, whatever and type-in "aspartame side effects" sucralose bla bla

It's even in Wrigley's spearmint chewing gum - the sneaks don't even have to label it "diet" anymore. It sucks - had to give up my favorite chew :-(

Thanks, Donald Rumsfeld

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Informed agreement is such a joy. Thanx.
Goddess made sex for company.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Yeah, yeah, you can find a lot better than that even with just a search - like this one, for one example (which only says "more" not "through the roof" like daybrown said). Then again, appearantly there have been some studies showing that aspertame causes leukemia in rats, but not humans - but even if it doesn't cause cancer in humans doesn't mean it wouldn't cause, as you said, Parkinson's... I just wanted to know where his particular information came from. (Yes Tomas, I have heard of a search engine before.)

Actually, we are exposed to a lot of toxins that could cause many nasty problems through the air we breathe, often the water we drink, so many processed foods, and stuff absorbed through our skin. We were taught that our skin was a protective barrier - partially true, but it's also an organ that absorbs chemicals right through it - just touching something can make it part of you in a much more substantial way than once realized, and on a level more mundane than philosophical as well.

edit to add -

I might as well throw in this site which helps back up my above claim about preventability. Yeah, it focuses on breast cancer, but to an extent, cancer is cancer so causes/preventions are close enough to the same.
Last edited by Elizabeth Isabelle on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Maybe they could do assembly line work, help out at nursing homes, stuff like that. With the baby boomer population getting up there, we could use some more nursing home workers, and the American economy is based on an ever-expanding population, so we could use some more consumers and more taxable citizens... I bet chimps could figure out how to spend money, and probably be at least as wise about their finances as most Americans already do (maybe the credit card companies would start thinking twice about who they issue to).
Great. Now when I go to the drive-thru I'm going to have to know that "OOOO-ooooo-eeee-eeee-aaaaah-aaaaah-eeeeee-eeeee" means "You want fries with that?"
Elizabeth Isabelle

brokenhead wrote:Great. Now when I go to the drive-thru I'm going to have to know that "OOOO-ooooo-eeee-eeee-aaaaah-aaaaah-eeeeee-eeeee" means "You want fries with that?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH7BdDifhU0
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Yeah, yeah, you can find a lot better than that even with just a search - like this one, for one example (which only says "more" not "through the roof" like daybrown said). Then again, appearantly there have been some studies showing that aspertame causes leukemia in rats, but not humans - but even if it doesn't cause cancer in humans doesn't mean it wouldn't cause, as you said, Parkinson's... I just wanted to know where his particular information came from. (Yes Tomas, I have heard of a search engine before.)

Actually, we are exposed to a lot of toxins that could cause many nasty problems through the air we breathe, often the water we drink, so many processed foods, and stuff absorbed through our skin. We were taught that our skin was a protective barrier - partially true, but it's also an organ that absorbs chemicals right through it - just touching something can make it part of you in a much more substantial way than once realized, and on a level more mundane than philosophical as well.

edit to add -

I might as well throw in this site which helps back up my above claim about preventability. Yeah, it focuses on breast cancer, but to an extent, cancer is cancer so causes/preventions are close enough to the same.

English is not my first language. I was raised in my formative years by a Sammi grandmother...
I was a high school dropout at 15 1/2 years old and left home at the same time.

Fresca was the first "artificial" pop i ever drank - proceeded to throw up and had a headache for a day or two. Never had any thing (that kind of sick feeling) like it and never tried it again.

As far as search engines go, i should have said "perform a search"...
I was at work and breezed in at Worldly (the brothel) for a quick look-see.

I was a D-Minus "student" at English. I haven't a clue what a dangling participle is :-)
Spelling - quite fond of that.
Comma placement - forget about it already!
The teachers passed me because they would tell my parents at PTA meeting i was the "bright light" in their class - he just didn't "apply himself"

Calm down, aspartame is scarier than one believes.

I have a real-life horror story about the twins (Dean & Dale) i grew up across the street from when we moved to the big city.
They were diabetics... and loved the artificial sweeteners that the medical establishment was pushing in the early-mid 1960s... I don't know which one is worse off, i think Dale is as his "syndrome" (on retrospect he understands) was aspartame related :-(

I'd rather they go back to sugar-based soda-pops and ban the corn syrup soda-pops.
Now, in schools, it's diet everything. Ditto for the lunchrooms :-(

No wonder the kids are on anti-depressants. Guzzle diet pop it tricks the brain into thinking they've had enough carbs only to gorge on even more carbs.

FACTOID: George Bush (admittedly) drinks 6-10 Diet Cokes a day... look what its done for him. Notice his speech pattern? And during a press conference some years back, a reporter asked if George was on anti-depressants and the press secretary (Ari Fleisher?) said "we'll get back to you on that." (a tacit admission)

As far as lab rats go, who cares? I'm concerned with your health, Elizabeth.

Tomas

Elizabeth Isabelle

Ah, I think that this was what you were trying to direct me to, while seeing if I was also interested in any of the other ebooks available there (which I was).

Thank you Tomas. You do have cool info, and I apologize for that thinking you were calling me an idiot. Of course you knew that I know how to use a search engine.

*cyberhugs*
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

I spoke with a mother yesterday, concerned about her 10 year old son, planning to move up here after the land deal is settled. Unlike the other mothers I knew who were concerned, she's not in healthcare, but has a factory job at whirlpool. I dunno how many facts like this we have to see before we can call it a trend; my own sample size is way too small to prove anything.

But as the link Elizabeth provides, Aspertame is just one of the more obvious tips of the iceburgs calving because of global warming and a host of other interactions. I see several raps warning that Bush is planning to impose tyranny, and dont doubt that he will try if he gets the idea he'd succeed. But again, the rap on the CIA analysis challenging Bush's Iranian policy shows he is loosing the control he'd need to pull it off.

It all goes on like a manipulated reality, a matrix with a plot line to keep the pot boiling. Like a horror movie, you need the victims to do really stupid shit, and now we have stuff like Aspertame to explain why they're so stupid.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote: I was on heavy aspertame from the time I was an infant (when all they had was Tab and Fresca) until my late 20's.
You might want to check your facts. You were born in 1969, right? And aspertame was not approved for use in dry goods until 1981, and in "carbonated beverages, baked goods and other confections" (according to wikipedia: Aspertame) before 1983.

As for Tab soft drink, wiki says:
TaB has been reformulated several times. It was initially sweetened with cyclamate. After the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a ban on cyclamate in 1969, saccharin was used. In 1977, the FDA moved to ban saccharin. The ban proposal was rejected by the U.S. Congress, but it did require that all products containing saccharin carry a warning label that saccharin may cause cervical cancer. In the year 2000, the U.S. government lifted this requirement. A formula revision in 1984 blended saccharin with a small amount of aspartame; this is the formula that is currently marketed in North America.
Wiki's Fresca page does not give its ingredient history, but again, the soda could not have contained Aspertame before 1984.
Good Citizen Carl
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Carl G wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote: I was on heavy aspertame from the time I was an infant (when all they had was Tab and Fresca) until my late 20's.
You might want to check your facts. You were born in 1969, right? And aspertame was not approved for use in dry goods until 1981, and in "carbonated beverages, baked goods and other confections" (according to wikipedia: Aspertame) before 1983.

As for Tab soft drink, wiki says:
TaB has been reformulated several times. It was initially sweetened with cyclamate. After the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a ban on cyclamate in 1969, saccharin was used. In 1977, the FDA moved to ban saccharin. The ban proposal was rejected by the U.S. Congress, but it did require that all products containing saccharin carry a warning label that saccharin may cause cervical cancer. In the year 2000, the U.S. government lifted this requirement. A formula revision in 1984 blended saccharin with a small amount of aspartame; this is the formula that is currently marketed in North America.
Wiki's Fresca page does not give its ingredient history, but again, the soda could not have contained Aspertame before 1984.
Well thanx Carl. accurate information is appreciated.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ditto on that - thanks Carl.
Elizabeth Isabelle

brokenhead wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:Maybe they could do assembly line work, help out at nursing homes, stuff like that. With the baby boomer population getting up there, we could use some more nursing home workers, and the American economy is based on an ever-expanding population, so we could use some more consumers and more taxable citizens... I bet chimps could figure out how to spend money, and probably be at least as wise about their finances as most Americans already do (maybe the credit card companies would start thinking twice about who they issue to).
Great. Now when I go to the drive-thru I'm going to have to know that "OOOO-ooooo-eeee-eeee-aaaaah-aaaaah-eeeeee-eeeee" means "You want fries with that?"
Well, maybe we could put them in engineering.