Non-Illusionary Reality

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
analog57

Non-Illusionary Reality

Post by analog57 »

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pimatrix.html
"Somewhere inside the digits of pi is a representation for all of us -- the atomic coordinates of all our atoms, our genetic code, all our thoughts, all our memories. Given this fact, all of us are alive, and hopefully happy, in pi. Pi makes us live forever. We all lead virtual lives in pi. We are immortal." - Cliff Pickover

They say that the square root of 2 is not encoded within pi ...but I suspect that it probably is, as a sequence of separated digits

The invariance of perception automatically includes pi.

To say that reality is an illusion, or simulation, implies that there exists a level of reality that is ...NOT an illusion.

The non-simulated reality would thus be at the top of the hyperreality hierarchy, where the buck stops. The reality of illusion must necessarily be a simulation, a representative transformation from the simulated abstract to the illusionary "concrete". Thus the invariance of perception still exists even if reality is an illusion; there necessarily exists at least one non-illusionary existence.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Reality certainly isn't an illusion. What is an illusion is the perception that things (within Reality) exist inherently - i.e. that they somehow exist of their own accord as independent entities. This applies to utterly everything in existence, including one's deepest understandings, revelations and concepts. Nothing is immune from it.

There is only one way that we can bypass this illusion and grasp the true nature of Reality and that is by ceasing to mentally box Reality into anything at all. In other words, by ceasing altogether the mental urge to perceive the true nature of Reality.

In truth, Reality does not have a true nature. It cannot be frozen into any shape or form. There is literally nothing to see in this regard.

Thus, the very moment you try to apprehend its true nature, in that very moment you lose all hope of succeeding.

You can only begin to understand the true nature of Reality by understanding first that it is entirely formless. It has no form, no ultimate nature, no fundamental substance, nothing. This is why, in Buddhism, Reality is refered to as a "void". It is the void whose very formlessness creates everything that we experience in each moment.

But note, one has to be very careful here. The void of Reality isn't really a void. It cannot be frozen into that particular form either. It is too void even to be a void.

-
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

It seems to me that there's a lot of confusion around here about the difference between the concept of all things in Reality, and the concept of Reality taken as a whole.
DHodges

More crap about pi

Post by DHodges »

analog57 wrote:They say that the square root of 2 is not encoded within pi ...but I suspect that it probably is, as a sequence of separated digits
You mean, like taking every 3rd or 19th digit, something like that?

Remember that these are both infinite sequences. For any given N, you could find the first N digits of the square root of two as a sequence (or separated sequence) in pi.

To say that you could do that with an infinite series is, I think, unprovable. That the first N digits match does nothing to suggest that the N+1th digit (of that series) will match.

I'm not sure how to put this, exactly, but irrational numbers are, in general, not just incommensurable with respect to the rational numbers, but also with respect to other irrational numbers. (I say in general because pi and 2*pi are both irrational, but are obviously closely related.)
unknown

Post by unknown »

ALL BABBLES ARE SAME. NO DIFFERENCE.

You can't distinguish babbles when there is no reference.

THINK!.

Ask questions, never agree or disagree

peace
unknown
LooF

Post by LooF »

hey unknown, do you agree that we should ask questions?
analog57

Re: More crap about pi

Post by analog57 »

DHodges wrote:
analog57 wrote:They say that the square root of 2 is not encoded within pi ...but I suspect that it probably is, as a sequence of separated digits
You mean, like taking every 3rd or 19th digit, something like that?
The sequence would appear to be random.