Where is the boundary on intelligence?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

No way, PFTH might be a disorganized mish-mash, but it's not crap.

Well OK, I was too harsh - I'm kind of on a anti-QRS semi-crusade atm. I think I am purposefully trying to hurt their feelings - which is OK by me because they reckon they don't have any*. Much of PFTH is fine, i probably agree with the bulk of it, and there is some stuff you wont easily find anywhere else - it is more the overall tone of it that I don't like, the work never really captured my interest that much (except for an occassional point), it seems a bit disjointed. Perhaps if I read it again now that I have a better idea of their mindset, it might mean more to me.

* Though with words like this one has to wonder

"No water here

A few moments ago I imbibed some of Hakuin's poison. He ripped my heart from my chest with his bare hands!

Now I look upon these words of mine with suspicion. I don't want to let these writings loose on the world unless they are at least as good as anything that has been written before. What would Hakuin, my Dharma Father, think of me if I published a work inferior to his! I want to augment his poison, not water it down!
Last edited by Jamesh on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unknown

Post by unknown »

You all human monkeys stimulate more babble. No end to it.

Where is the end? Where is the beginning? run and hide.

All your explanation can only convince you at that moment of the time. Just balancing your energy level.

Next second you may not like your own answer you come up with.

Its like music , mood changes the music changes. So is your answers.

To really find real answers , you have to stop accepting or rejecting someone theory.

People babble for their own reason. They have to speak otherwise there is some imbalance created in their mind. They have to puke.

There is no other way to it.

You all are pukers.

When your mind become silent , you will never accept or reject someone answers..... no need to judge.

Every answer has a place and time, it needs to show off just like you all are.

Let it be. No need to kill it. or grow it.

More of look at this growth ....like child learn to play....

Ask contextless QUESTIONS.....you will see.

peace
unknown
Matt Gregory

Re: best book

Post by Matt Gregory »

Lennyrizzo wrote:
Matt Gregory

Poison for the Heart is ...probably the best book on wisdom in existence today.
Do you think the author agrees with you?
The artist in him does probably. I'm not sure about the sage in him.

Why do you put it above Mr Quinn's book?
Just for balance. Plus, Solway's book was more earth-shattering for me than Quinn's book. But I had been reading Quinn's posts for years before reading his book so I can't really form an objective opinion about it.
Matt Gregory

Re: best book

Post by Matt Gregory »

drowden wrote:I'm not sure that looking at literary works in a hierarchical way benefits anyone. Who is it that is making such judgements? A wise person? Obviously not. If something resonates with you and inspires you then it is worthwhile.
Well, maybe "best" was a little extreme, but I think it's at least one of the best in this particular age because it doesn't have all the cultural and traditional baggage that Buddhism and even Nietzsche and Kierkegaard have. At least someone with no "eye" can get their foot in the door with it, whereas most wise writers l've read tend to lose people from the get-go. For example, Kierkegaard writes like a protestant minister yet he's also extremely well read in secular literature so he's in a world that not many people can relate with. Kevin might be well read but at least he doesn't identify with it or try to dazzle people with it, which is something I appreciate.