YOU ALL HUMANS ARE MONKEYS!

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
unknown

YOU ALL HUMANS ARE MONKEYS!

Post by unknown »

You all are babbling belief whores.

Anything you discuss is nothing but a mental puke. You will never know anything by discussing.

You can only exchange beliefs here.

Ask questions, ignore the answers

peace
unknown
unknnown@hotmail.com
Trevor Salyzyn

Hey

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Welcome to the Genius forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.
David Quinn

Re: YOU ALL HUMANS ARE MONKEYS!

Post by David Quinn »

unknown wrote:You all are babbling belief whores.

Anything you discuss is nothing but a mental puke. You will never know anything by discussing.

Interesting belief you're peddling there. Or do you just call it mental puke?

What do you suggest people should do instead of engaging in discussions?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

unknown wrote:Anything you discuss is nothing but a mental puke. You will never know anything by discussing.

Hey Unk, how are you doing? (never mind)

After a good meal sometimes one has to burp. What now if some unknown starts running in to call the digesting meal merely a burp while pointing at the empty table? What to say?
N0X23

Post by N0X23 »

What will be accomplished by asking questions and does ignoring the answers coincided with the asking of questions?
Wild Fox Zen

ahh

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

I think it all comes down to the "importance of kensho."

When a person who has not had kensho reads the Buddhist scriptures, questions his teachers and fellow monks about Buddhism, or practices religious disciplines, he is merely creating the causes of his own illusion - a sure sign that he is still confined within samsara.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Absolutely right. It's the key to everything. "Unknown"'s dogmatic position is simply that - dogmatic, inflexible, sterile, uninteresting.

Obviously, you believe you have experienced kensho. What makes you think that?

-
Wild Fox Zen

psh!!

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

How could I doubt it? It's an experience. The problem with most people here is that they're coming up with an intellectual picture of "Genius"--which is really just words; Buddhism has this problem a lot.
Blair

Post by Blair »

What you are saying is "really just words" too. Why do you think you are different?
Wild Fox Zen

hehe

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

I think that's the problem that has prompted this thread to begin with.
David Quinn

Re: psh!!

Post by David Quinn »

Wild Zen Fox wrote:
How could I doubt it? It's an experience.

So are hallucinations.

The problem with most people here is that they're coming up with an intellectual picture of "Genius"--which is really just words; Buddhism has this problem a lot.

Intellectualizing Genius (or Reality) is not a problem if one has genuine knowledge and insight into what it is. When this happens, it is not just words.

A lot of people nowadays parrot the belief that intellectualizing Reality is deluded from the outset, but such a belief is dogmatic and, in the case of wise people, false.

-
Wild Fox Zen

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

So are hallucinations.
I don't doubt my hallucinations either.
Intellectualizing Genius (or Reality) is not a problem if one has genuine knowledge and insight into what it is.
How're you defining knowledge and insight?
When this happens, it is not just words.

A lot of people nowadays parrot the belief that intellectualizing Reality is deluded from the outset, but such a belief is dogmatic and, in the case of wise people, false.
I have no clue, but intellectual/philosophical/advaitist paths seem pretty spotty when it comes to producing enlightenment in people. It requires a lot of luck to make words cut through words.

Drugs, chi kung, zen, tantrism, some forms of martial arts and hermeticism have better success rates, it seems.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Wild Fox Zen wrote:
DQ: So are hallucinations.

WFZ: I don't doubt my hallucinations either.
Neither do fundamentalist Christians and schizophrenics, so you're in good company there.

DQ: Intellectualizing Genius (or Reality) is not a problem if one has genuine knowledge and insight into what it is.

HFZ: How're you defining knowledge and insight?
In this case, the complete understanding of the nature of Reality in which everything of importance is utterly resolved. This understanding is both intellectual and experiential in nature - and extremely rare in this world.

Hakuin used to speak glowingly about this understanding (for good reason!) and he used to castigate the rest of the Zen world for its sheer ignorance of it. He lamented that Zen was dead, and that was over two hundred years ago. From my experience, nothing much has changed since.

DQ: When this happens, it is not just words.

WFZ: I have no clue, but intellectual/philosophical/advaitist paths seem pretty spotty when it comes to producing enlightenment in people. It requires a lot of luck to make words cut through words.

It has nothing to do with words. It is using thought to break down the conceptual illusions which drape the mind and prevent it from seeing Reality directly. There is no other path to enlightenment.

Drugs, chi kung, zen, tantrism, some forms of martial arts and hermeticism have better success rates, it seems.

Well, these can only be of use if you are fairly wise and rational to begin with. You can't really find any wisdom in these activities if you lack that special turn of mind which is able to reason deeply and pierce the surface of things.

Nothing beats the application of one's logical powers to the fundamentals of existence in a sustained manner. Without this, no amount of drugs or Zen meditation can take you into enlightenment.

-
Wild Fox Zen

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

Neither do fundamentalist Christians and schizophrenics, so you're in good company there.
fundamentalism is a result of intellectual rigidity.
Well, these can only be of use if you are fairly wise and rational to begin with. You can't really find any wisdom in these activities if you lack that special turn of mind which is able to reason deeply and pierce the surface of things.
do you still have your satori?
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Oh yeah!

We all humans are monkeys aren't we.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Wild Fox Zen wrote:
DQ: Neither do fundamentalist Christians and schizophrenics, so you're in good company there.

WZF: fundamentalism is a result of intellectual rigidity.

Not necessarily. A sage who is consistently wise is also a fundamentalist. He knows the Ultimate Truth with certainty and nothing can ever make him disown it. In this case, however, his fundamentalism is a result of his logical understanding and intellectual flexibility.

Conversely, one often meets people these days who are dogmatically attached to the idea that enlightenment is beyond the scope of the intellect and that one has to abandon concepts altogether on order to attain it. In this case, intellectual rigidity is indeed the culprit.

Things are not always what they seem.

DQ: Well, these can only be of use if you are fairly wise and rational to begin with. You can't really find any wisdom in these activities if you lack that special turn of mind which is able to reason deeply and pierce the surface of things.

WFZ: do you still have your satori?
Where am I supposed to put it?

-
unknown

Post by unknown »

Hi quinn,

Stop defending yourself FOOL!. All you are doing is defending the snapshot of your current belief system.

A waste of time.

Humans are just babblers. They like to puke to keep balance of their energy system. What goes in , comes out in different form.

All prophets are EVIL and fool at same time. All perceptions ?

UGK is a fool , JK is a fool , OSHO is child rapist, Chopra a scammer, Quinn is just ignorant human.

There is nothing you will learn from exchanging words except you either validate your current belief or own new belief.

It is never eneding cycle until you die like crap.

You all are self illusionist. You create your own illusion and make theories around it to validate its existance.

I am not here to change you or ...

You have to understand "I do not exists".

Until then you keep on creating IMAGE and doing idol worship of your belief.

Ask questions,ignore the answers

Peace
unknown
Trevor Salyzyn

heh

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Thanks for the insight, unknown. Maybe you should try saying the same thing over again, using nice grown-up words.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Unknown wrote:
Hi quinn,

Stop defending yourself FOOL!. All you are doing is defending the snapshot of your current belief system.

A waste of time.

Humans are just babblers.
I trust that you place yourself in this category as well.

There is nothing you will learn from exchanging words except you either validate your current belief or own new belief.
Then why are you on this forum exchanging words? Why are you somehow different?

In essence, your message is, "All humans are babblers - except me. All words exchanged are meanginless puke - except mine".

Well, thank for that, mate.

Until then you keep on creating IMAGE and doing idol worship of your belief.
So, somehow, in a mysterious manner that no one can begin to fathom, your stated belief that "I do not exist" is not really a belief and not really a meaningless stream of mental puke. It is somehow the exception to everyone else's stated beliefs ....

And we're supposed to take this seriously?

Go away, you hypocrite.

-
unknown

Post by unknown »

ARe you slave for words and definition defined by this society? Then you will only see what you have been conditioned to.

You can only mirror what you have been taught.

Until you shake the foundation of your existance.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Then why do you come across as someone who is constantly giving a one-dimensional, knee-jerk reaction to the issue of social conditioning?

To my ears, your words are hollow.

-
unknown

Post by unknown »

If it is hollow , it is.

You make it hollow or make it magical. All perceptions. You are not going to find big secrets with words only belief.

There is only one way which is thinking without belief (no words).

A thoughtless state.

You all react because you have a belief. You refuse to react when you start to have less dependence on your beliefs.

Less and Less you own belief , More free you will be.

There will be less to defend.

A day will come when you have no desire to defend anything anymore.

I can't teach you that ...it has to come on its own.

No method to that state....except may be Asking question, by the way of asking question , ignoring the answers(belief) ...you may , may have a chance to look at yourself as a whole belief system...

I DO NOT EXISTS!.

So it is only you. When you are ready you will not see me. You only see yourself even that will disappear.

peace
unknown
DHodges

All your base are belong to us

Post by DHodges »

unknown wrote: I DO NOT EXISTS!.
Well, unknown, a question for you. It looks like English is not your primary language. It isn't clear whether the odd grammatical structure of "I do not exists" is deliberate or not. Do you mean something by it, or is it accidental?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

I wish the dead wouldn't talk so much.
Leyla Shen

DEAD MAN WALKING

Post by Leyla Shen »

LOL. I like that, Diebert.

Ring, ring.

"Good evening, Laporchetta's (sp.?) -- how can I help you?"

Silence.

"Hello?"

"Sh. I am not telephoning you. You just think I am because you think there is a telephone that's ringing and there's a person on the other end that caused it to ring which caused you to answer it because you have been caused to think you are a pizza-maker because that's what we in this society have conditioned you to believe -- you foolish, religious zealot!"

"Right. Can I take your order?"

"No. I do not exist -- therefore, 'I do not' exists! So what are you thinking thinking that there is someone here on the end of the phone wanting to order a pizza?"

"Well, did you or did you not dial the number?"

"Don't ask me! You already have all the answers you need."

"Listen, mate. Do you want a fucking pizza or not? Just give me your delivery address."

"Aaaahahahaha, you...."

Clunk.

Silence.