Overcoming/leverage schizophrenia

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
fork

Overcoming/leverage schizophrenia

Post by fork »

How can you overcome schizophrenia or perhaps leverage it to attain useful insights in any aspect of life. It seems to me that it has the potential to make the mind infinite because of the exponential nature of the vicious circle created by the disease, if certain conditions are met, but may be I am wrong, let me know what you think.

The paranoia part of the disease might connect unrelated ideas in the past, and the other part of the disease might generate more directions/viewpoints/divisions inside an imaginary graph(making it grow exponentially) of what's going on in a schizophrenic patient, as I understand.

A similar question might be: imagine for a moment that there is a device that can read your thoughts and manipulate it remotely(which I don't believe exist anyway), how would you leverage that imagination(which appear real to a schizophrenic) for making it work for you: in terms of more creativity, more knowledge and more efficiency, etc(it seems that these conditions may destroy you but perhaps with original idea it can turn to something good)
Dan Rowden

Re: Overcoming/leverage schizophrenia

Post by Dan Rowden »

How would the schizophrenia be 'leveraged'? By the sufferer? The disordered nature of a sufferer's mind would make that fairly impossible, I would think. By external means, like drugs? If that were possible wouldn't it essentially amount to an effective cure for the disease?
SkipRusssell

Re: Overcoming/leverage schizophrenia

Post by SkipRusssell »

The infinite is just a word to call and assumingly understand the concept of all pervasive causation. Your mind doesn't really change too very much for whatever philosophizing person decides to meditate on it and in the end ends up with someone who is just more sane, objective, rational. It takes some time, given the causation concept, to go through all your definitions with its application. To the degree you are honest and can let go of common attachments like religion, romantic idealism or social idealism outside of primitive instincts and will to power, it is intellectually interesting and empowering for worldly matters as well, though dangerous in how much it will individualize you one way or another.

In any case, you most likely just have to wait if you are schizophrenic and see looking back if you are not better off once the effects subside. Good luck.