Truth coming from the well armed with her whip to chastise mankind

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

Truth coming from the well armed with her whip to chastise mankind

Post by jufa »

According to a 19th century legend, the Truth and the Lie meet one day. The Lie says to the Truth: "It's a marvellous day today"! The Truth looks up to the skies and sighs, for the day was really beautiful. They spend a lot of time together, ultimately arriving beside a well.

The Lie tells the Truth: "The water is very nice, let's take a bath together!" The Truth, once again suspicious, tests the water and discovers that it indeed is very nice. They undress and start bathing. Suddenly, the Lie comes out of the water, puts on the clothes of the Truth and runs away.

The furious Truth comes out of the well and runs everywhere to find the Lie and to get her clothes back. The World, seeing the Truth naked, turns its gaze away, with contempt and rage.

The poor Truth returns to the well and disappears forever, hiding therein its shame. Since then, the Lie travels around the world, dressed as the Truth, satisfying the needs of society, because the World, in any case, harbours no wish at all to meet the naked Truth.

The world famous painting- "The Truth coming out of the well" Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1896.

Sitara ~ Temple of Stars
Last edited by Diebert van Rhijn on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no embedding of pictures, especially not NSFW
Pam Seeback

Re: Truth coming from the well armed with her whip to chastise mankind

Post by Pam Seeback »

The poor Truth returns to the well and disappears forever, hiding therein its shame.
A story to inspire questioning what is true.

What is true here is that this legend is told from the perspective of the Lie because the Truth, being absent of self-view (the World):

1. Cannot be tricked.
2. Is not dressed.
3. Does not know shame.
4. Does not punish.
5. Does not hide forever.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Pam, your opening words are the keynote of this fable
The gist of the conversation, then, does not fall upon perspectives. If one sees truth how will they know it is truth? being a person of flesh mentality rides the ass of concepts, opinions, and interpreted beliefs concerning what one thinks and accept truth to be, or even realized, when the flesh mind cannot see anything other than the matter of materialism.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Bradley West

Post by Bradley West »

A very interesting story indeed. However, ‘Truth and Lies’ being concepts, one must know where to draw the line. Otherwise, it could be catastrophic especially where religions are concerned. So let us keep it personal for ‘Truth’ cannot survive without ‘Lies’ and vice versa.
jufa

Post by jufa »

There is another story which dualism used as logic as given by you. It is Kahlil Gibran's telling of 'Satan' in "Secrets of the Heart", who had fell wounded in a ditch. Along came Father Samaan who had, all his life, waged war against Satan, and heard Satan's cry for help. Going to the aid of the wounded Satan after some hesitation, Father Samaan went and saw "contrasting features; he saw intelligence with slyness, ugliness with beauty, and wickedness with softness. He withdrew to his feet sharply, and exclaimed, "Who are you? ....And the man replied with an agonizing voice, "You know my identity! You have seen me one thousand times and you speak of me each day. I am dearer to you than your own life."

When Satan finally revealed Himself, it was as such. ""My disdain for humanity is not greater than your hatred for yourself. You are blessing Michael, who never has come to your rescue. You are cursing me in the hour of my defeat, even though I was, and still am, the source of your tranquility and happiness. You deny me your blessing, and extend not your kindness, but you live and prosper in the shadow of my being. You have adopted my existence as an excuse and weapon for your career, and you employ my name in justification for your deeds. Has not my past caused you to be in need of my present and future? Have you reached your goal in amassing the required wealth? Have you found it impossible to extract more gold and silver from your followers, using my kingdom as a threat?"

The short of the story goes here. Father Samaan quivered and rubbed his hands nervously, and with apology in his voice he said, "I know now what I had not known an hour ago. Forgive my ignorance. I know that your existence in this world creates temptation, and temptation is a measurement by which God adjudges the value of human souls. It is a scale which Almighty God uses to weigh the spirits. I am certain that if you die, temptation will die, and with its passing, death will destroy the ideal power which elevates and alerts man.

"You must live, for if you die and the people know it, their fear of hell will vanish and they will cease worshipping, for naught would be sin. You must live, for in your life is the salvation of humanity from vice and sin.
"As to myself, I shall sacrifice my hatred for you on the altar of my love for man."

Ah, we see here the audacity of Father Samaan to believe he is a soldier of God, and his ignorance of not seeing the "contrasting features; he saw intelligence with slyness, ugliness with beauty, and wickedness with softness" were his own. But the crux of both stories is the two are one, but neither are the other Source of being, only the source of dual resistance to receiving the Spirit which give them life, and life more abundantly, when they step out of ego's earth mentality of dualism, and "put on the Mind of Christ who thought it nor robbery to be equal with God, not man.

When the two become synchronized in one identity, then "the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one." Zechariah 14:9-kjv

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

jufa wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 am Pam, your opening words are the keynote of this fable
The gist of the conversation, then, does not fall upon perspectives. If one sees truth how will they know it is truth? being a person of flesh mentality rides the ass of concepts, opinions, and interpreted beliefs concerning what one thinks and accept truth to be, or even realized, when the flesh mind cannot see anything other than the matter of materialism.

Truth cannot be seen, only known, both in the sense of comprehension (spiritual wisdom) and of the living of this wisdom.. Knowing this, the truth knower knows the difference between truth and perspective.
jufa

Post by jufa »

We cannot conceptualize what is not a concept. To be precise, we cannot conceptualize ourselves, for we cannot distinguish whether our Dr. Jekyll, or Mr. Hyde personality is the real us. To step one more time, we cannot conceptualize our Spirit, yet we claim we are that Spirit, and we are seen.

Have you not understood the uniqueness of and individual's experience does not involve the human mind? God's revelation is only presented to ones Spirit Essence by impulse vibrations of that "still small voice." This is why we are told to "Be still, and know that I am God."
Be still and know
is the keynote of the the preceding sentence.