Who is the slave?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Glostik91

Who is the slave?

Post by Glostik91 »

For years I was commanding myself to do things. I command you body, do this, do that. My body was my slave, and that was satisfactory for a time.

But now I have been violently awakened. I now know that it was God the whole time.

I have thought, perhaps it would have been better to keep me asleep. There is no sense in risking it. Keep me asleep and keep things going, but God had other ideas. I was innocent. I was deep in slumber, and I preferred to keep things that way, but God had other ideas.

My slumber was quite restful. I had such a great sleep, I doubt you could possibly imagine. Yes, you might think it was dirty, disgusting, and revolting, but one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. I was fully in my own restful slumber, and what a slumber it was. Oh how I could wax on and on about what a great time I had, the dreams I enjoyed, the friends I made, etc, etc, etc. I enjoyed my video games, and yes I even enjoyed my work. I was rustled and shaken here and there of course. There were many who tried to wake me up, but my sleep was so blissful that I barely noticed the turbulence. Oh to sleep like that again would be such a dream.

Now I am awake and still quite groggy, but I imagine I will fall asleep once again. Perhaps not soon or perhaps not for long, but every person must sleep eventually, sooner or later. Some sleep for only a few seconds, some for days at a time, and some lucky ones can sleep for years. How fortunate was I to be so lucky.

Good tidings to everyone, and I hope I see you again in my dreams.
a gutter rat looking at stars
Glostik91

Christ is the answer

Post by Glostik91 »

Repent of your sins and turn your heart to Christ

We naturally think of ourselves as human bodies which are separated by space and exist in time, but there also exists space/time within us, not because there is naturally a space but because God through Christ breathed this space into everyone.

There are God given sensations within ourselves, and we notice them as space/time within us. We think in a space in our heads and this space is what we call the mind, but just as we think in a space in our heads so too can we think in a space in our soul. Be still and know that I am God. The communication of this knowledge can truly only be thought in the soul/heart.

This space/time is the foundation upon which we are capable of having understanding. Raw sense data enters, and a transformation occurs. The data is understood.

What did Kant and Hume do for the mind? They humbled us. They demarcated limits by which the human mind does not cross. What did the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, who was and is and is to come, do for the soul? He humbled us.

Raw sense data is transformed in different ways. Take the color red for instance. The color is not an inherent property of the thing in itself, but it is a manifestation of the the person who is viewing it. The color red appears in the mind as how we see it, but there is also another manifestation of the color red. It is no mistake that restaurants use the color red so often in their logos. The idea is to manipulate the soul of the person.

The soul intuits time as depressing in a finite sense in that deadlines are depressing, but the soul intuits time as uplifting in an infinite sense in that an eternity is uplifting. A main view is that death is depressing because it appears to be a finite end in itself, and its counterpart (eternal life) is uplifting because it appears to be an infinite end in itself. Meanwhile both are ends in themselves in that what happens after is nothing. I can explain this further. As a finite end, what happens after death is nothing. As an infinite end, what happens after eternal life is nothing. Even though both result in the same product (nothing) one is uplifting and the other is depressing.

Christ invented or at least popularized the idea that there is more to a human than a body. This is an idea I have been pursuing, that other aspects of a human can be invented and popularized in order to further advance humanity. The notion of kindred spirits is another aspect that I have been thinking. The problem I see with the idea of having two married couples living together is that the men might conflict, but what if the men are kindred spirits? Like Jonathan and David.
a gutter rat looking at stars