I am God having a Human experience

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Soul Iq

I am God having a Human experience

Post by Soul Iq »

INTRODUCTION

Hey genius,

I joined Genius Forum today and didn't immediately discover a post I wanted to comment on, so I decided to create one myself.

I decided to join you due to my interest in communicating with like-minded individuals who have already developed strong mental philosophies and don't have to be brought up to speed on what I believe are basic understandings of reality (at least that's my expectation).

Before I share what I'm about to share with you, though, I want to be as transparent as I can possibly be by letting you know that I operate a website that has a back-end offer. I've read the terms and conditions for being a member of this community, and so I'm aware of your desire for no advertising. I'm not here to advertise. I'm here to share what I believe are leading-edge ideas with leading-edge minds who have the capacity to challenge and perhaps even enhance them.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME

My foundational principle is, "I am God having a Human experience" and I'm driven by my desire for preeminence. I perceive my day in mental segments and challenge myself to optimize my lifestyle towards as much preeminence as I can realize during each of these segments. Sometimes I make progress, sometimes I don't. However, the presence of this contrast symbolizes the duality of my eternal life and is the impetus behind everything I do. The greater the challenge, the more intense my drive. The easier the challenge, the less intense my drive.

MY CHOSEN TOPIC FOR TODAY

I frequent other communities related to financial independence (FI), as I myself am en route to FI. At the beginning of this year, I came across an article that mentioned Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. It became apparent to me that nearly everyone in my immediate circles -- familial, clients, and friends -- do not have a clearly defined personal vision, which explains why the life they live is not consistent with the life they desire to live.

This is odd to me.

As a reminder, here's a list of Maslow's hierarchy of needs with the basic needs at the bottom:
  • self-actualization
  • esteem
  • love / belonging
  • safety
  • physiological
After reading the mentioned article, I felt inspired to further investigate the reason for why my people are living -- from what I can tell -- unfulfilling and aimless lives. I discovered that most of them move between safety and esteem, but only a handful have initiated the process of self-actualization. I've spoken with each of them and it is the difficulty they express in achieving self-actualization that most interests me.

I fully understand that the process of self-actualization is an eternal process, and that the people I am discussing do not have the same drive for preeminence as I do. All the more, living a happy and meaningful life doing things they love to do seems like a very achievable and basic goal they can achieve for themselves, though. They just don't do it, and so I have decided to discover a way to make it easier for them.

I want to engage you in conversation at this point, by asking you the following 2 questions:

What is your definition of self-actualization?
and are you currently in the process of self-actualization?

I'd love to know your thoughts on this and perhaps even your insights on how you would solve the dilemma I described above.

GRATITUDE

I appreciate your attention and this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Soul Iq and I look forward to positively interacting with you.

In alignment and full of optimism.
Last edited by Soul Iq on Wed May 01, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
God having a Human experience
Pam Seeback

Re: I am God having a Human experience

Post by Pam Seeback »

Hi Soul Iq:

Welcome to the board! My definition of self-actualization is the actualization of one's five-sense desires of which your desire to be financially independent would be an aspect. Some examples of other aspects of the five-sense desiring ego would be to be physically healthy, emotionally stable, travelling, climbing Mt. Everest, etc. And while I perceive that self actualization - the psychological ascent of Maslow - is a critical part of the total development of 'human being' or Man, I also perceive that it is but the half-way point in Man's total development, with the other half being met by the desire beyond preeminence (which I interpret as the desire to be as a god) which is the desire for truth or wisdom of God. This would be the realization of the nature of the absolute which is the stated goal of this board.

Your desire for preeminence fits in nicely with your idea that you are God having a Human experience. But the experience of 'to have' culminating in self actualization is not the same experience as 'to be' which culminates in of self realization. In other words, where you speak in terms of psychological or egoic wisdom, most who post here speak in terms of philosophical, spiritual or metaphysical wisdom.

In terms of solving the dilemma of activating the ascent of ego in others, I believe it is no different than solving the dilemma of activating the ascent of the soul in others, that is, that it must be recognized by the one who is ascending that the desire to ascend is must be present in the other.

*Edited to remove personal reference*.
Soul Iq

Re: I am God having a Human experience

Post by Soul Iq »

Hey Pam,

I appreciate you replying to my post and am grateful for the ideas you shared related to your distinction between self-actualization and self-realization. In order to better understand you, I went ahead and looked up the exact definitions of actualization and realization according to merriam-webster.com:

actualization

1. to make actual : REALIZE (sic)

2. to become actual

realization

1. the action of realizing; the state of being realized

2. something realized

Setting both definitions side by side, I determined that actualization relates to an action, and that realization relates to an event. This didn't seem a clear enough distinction to me, though, so I compared the following definitions -- which are at the core of this discussion:

self-actualization

1. to realize fully one's potential

self-realization

1. fulfillment by oneself of the possibilities of one's character or personality

These two words almost appear to be exact synonyms of each other, but I do want to point out that self-actualization seems to encompass the entire experience of achieving one's potential, whereas self-realization seems to relate to a specific subset of achieving one's potential -- as defined by its definition of relating to the fulfillment of the possibilities of one's character or personality, instead of the fulfillment related to one's entire Being, which I believe self-actualization more closely describes.

But it's really cool to have made that distinction, because I never considered comparing the two words until now. Thank you for the opportunity!

With this in mind, I want to quote your personal comparison of the 2 words:
the experience of 'to have' culminating in self actualization is not the same experience as 'to be' which culminates in of self realization. In other words, where you speak in terms of psychological or egoic wisdom, most who post here speak in terms of philosophical, spiritual or metaphysical wisdom.
I think self-actualization actually relates to 'to be', as does self-realizing.

Here's why:

Even though, I have a deep understanding of psychology and the metaphysical, I do not separate the two as you did in the quote above. They are merely parts of the whole. Where Carl G.Jung talks of individuation, the metaphysical concept of the law of attraction talks of being an extension of your Higher Self, where individuation has already been achieved -- and where you as an individuated entity can determine the details of the experiences you choose to experience.

If we separate the two (psychology and metaphysics) in the belief that one is more desirable over the other, than we would effectively cut ourselves off from insights and understandings that will further lead us to achieve our potential. I have the utmost respect for your beliefs and am really grateful to discuss this with you, as it adds even more clarity to my own philosophy, but I truly suggest considering the combination of all scientific and metaphysical teachings for a more complete perspective on what this experience is all about -- and more specifically your role in it. This could be food for thought on perhaps optimizing the boards stated purpose. As my beautiful title suggests, I am God having a Human experience, and I believe you are too.

DO YOU HAVE RELIGIOUS BELIEFS?

After reading your words, I have a feeling you may have underlying religious beliefs of some sort, as you seem to view the wisdom of God more important than the experience of being God. Here's a quote of what I'm referring to:
And while I perceive that self actualization - the psychological ascent of Maslow - is a critical part of the total development of 'human being' or Man, I also perceive that it is but the half-way point in Man's total development, with the other half being met by the desire beyond preeminence (which I interpret as the desire to be as a god) which is the desire for truth or wisdom of God.
Perhaps you can confirm or deny this for me? I'd love to know.

SOLVING THE DILEMMA

Regarding your insights related to how you are solving the dilemma I mentioned in my post, I totally agree with you on the following:
In other words, the exchange must come about as a natural flow of the desire to expand or ascend within both parties.
The reason I used Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as the center piece of this discussion, is because it is only people who have satisfied their needs below self-actualization, who are truly ready to satisfy this higher need. It is quite apparent that the need for physiological needs is a real thing, as people can go to great measures to make sure they can feed themselves. I just noticed that people who have satisfied all of their needs -- according to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs -- don't feel as strongly about satisfying their self-actualization as they would say about their physiological to satisfy their hunger and thirst. To me, satisfying my self-actualization in this sense is the same as satisfying my physiological needs as in for hunger and thirst. And this is what I find odd.

So, going back to the example you mentioned related to your experience with your husband, if he doesn't have the desire to go deep with you, then he must be busy satisfying other needs. And when he does have that moment with you, he feels all of his other needs are satisfied. So perhaps I am solving the solution to my own dilemma here -- hahah. If someone is not actively seeking to satisfy their self-actualization need, then they are obviously focused on other lower needs. I could have figured that out before I created my post, I guess -- hahah. Your reply definitely inspired me to the solution I was aligning with. Thank you so much!

I'd still love to know your take on all of this and also your answer to my question above regarding your religious beliefs.

In alignment and full of optimism.
God having a Human experience