If we only perceive time as linear.....

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Knais

If we only perceive time as linear.....

Post by Knais »

How does cause and effect work?
Russell Parr

Re: If we only perceive time as linear.....

Post by Russell Parr »

That's a pretty simplified question.. it might help to expand on it a bit, but I'll give it shot.

Time is experienced as linear because actions always occur in a sequence.

Causality, which is a philosophical concept, is descriptive of the relationship between all things. It states that everything is causally related to each other by virtue of it all being part of one, whole reality. As an illustration, think of one of those plastic ball pits that kids play in. Each ball is related to the rest by a number of factors. For one, they are all in the same pit. If one ball is moved, some or all of the others are moved accordingly so. Take one out, and the rest resettle. Jump into the pit, and a bunch of the balls go flying. Your imagination can take this wherever you'd like. If one ball had a bomb in it, or somehow became a black hole, it could destroy the rest of the balls.

The whole of reality is the ball pit, and everything in it is the balls.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Time does not ever occur in sequence. It is a form of optical illusion because all that ever is - is now.

You decision effects both the future and the past. Now is the point and a point is infinite.

Example:
Any point has both the value of positive and negative infinity.

Example:
The double slit experiment demonstrates the observation of the photon predetermined its velocity and position. This means the wave pattern was determined in the past by the choice of being observed in the present.

Example:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... wards.html
jufa

Post by jufa »

Time is seeing a succession of different images, of experienced beliefs, of sentient intellect comprehensive of an imaginary Drama Circle.

What is a Drama Circle?

A Drama Circle does not exist, yet it does when a human mind is emotionally expanded to a personal level and gives life personally by the spirit life of its thought.

Explain a Drama Circle.

All Drama Circles begin as a potential manifested pin-drop thought vibration. Potential because the pin-drop does not yet have a name, title, or reason to come alive. The pin-drop does not exist. It cannot be conceived and birthed, until the human outer objection vision merge, with the human inner subjective feelings of imagery, and begin the time form of "succession of different images," singular and plural. The Drama Circle is all the different human thoughts of experiences not reality, only relevancy of opposition.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
crow

Post by crow »

Knais wrote:How does cause and effect work?
However you think it works. And however anyone else thinks it works. Which is to say, it doesn't work, within the mind.
There is linear time for physical entities that think. There is no linear time outside thinking.
Mind is unable to imagine non-linear time, and so, to experience it, one must escape mind's influence.
Eternity lies between the tick and tock.

Cause and effect is an abstact mind equation.
Mizmotown

Post by Mizmotown »

just from A Course In Miracles perspective from Ken Wapnick.

The world of linear time—past, present, and future—is one of the frameworks of our physical universe, and it is certainly one of the frameworks of our experience here. We all have a past, we all experience ourselves in the present, and we all anticipate a future, both as individuals and as members of races, various groups, and species. But linear time is a projection of what we usually refer to as the ego's unholy trinity, which is a constellation of the thoughts of sin, guilt, and fear in the mind that preceded the physical universe. They are the foundations of what A Course in Miracles refers to as the wrong mind: the part of the split mind that is the home of the ego, which is the home of the thought system of separation. Sin says we have separated from God, and that what we did was an awful thing. We are overwhelmed with guilt, not only for what we believe we have done, but for what we believe we have become: sinful, separated persons at God's expense. Then the guilt becomes so intolerable that we have no recourse but to believe we deserve to be punished, the inevitable result of the belief in guilt or sin: I have done something terrible; I am something terrible; therefore, I deserve to be punished, and now I am afraid of the punishment. When we project that out, sin becomes the past, guilt becomes the present, and fear becomes the future; I have sinned in the past; I experience this enormous self-hatred in what I think of as the present; and I am terrified of the future, which inevitably will bring the punishment that I so justly deserve. Sin, guilt, and fear projected out make for the past, present, and future.

Also time explained from a metaphysical ACIM perspective. http://www.miraclestudies.net/VastCh1.html

Therefore, God and Christ are one, even though God is First Cause and we as His Son are His Effect. This seemingly dualistic description should not be taken literally, but rather as the Course's means of describing something that cannot he under-stood by a human brain:
It must he understood that the word “first“ as applied to Him [God] is not a time concept. He is first in the sense that He is the First in the Holy Trinity Itself. He is the Prime Creator, be-cause He created His co-creators. Because He did, time applies neither to Him nor to what He created (T-7.1.7:4-7).
This state of Heaven therefore is eternal, for "Eternity is an idea of God" (T-5.III.6:3).