How to verify the authenticity of Buddhist sutras?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
chanhtuduy

WHAT IS TIBETAN YOGA?

Post by chanhtuduy »

WHAT IS TIBETAN YOGA?

Today, people think Yoga is a system of physical exercise to have good health. This is external Yoga called Hatha Yoga. Yoga in Indian traditions, however, is more than physical exercise; it has a meditative and spiritual core.
It is very interesting when we study about the original meaning of Yoga. Yoga means “unifying action of body, speech and mind”. So, if any Yoga Guru does not teach fully three mentioned aspects, his disciples cannot attain the enlightenment, regarding as the lack of leg stirrup, we cannot put the pot on it to cook dish. With the good condition, I clarify this kind of Yoga, called Tibetan Yoga and it is called Tibetan Tantra translated by Chinese.

Thinley – Nguyen Thanh
Translated by Mat Dieu Hang
chanhtuduy

How to verify the authenticity of Buddhist sutras?

Post by chanhtuduy »

In Buddhism, there is also a word called “Kinh” (sutra) translated from Chinese metaphorically refers to the consistency from beginning to end of what was taught from Buddhist teaching and literally means “straight” above mentioned in construction sector. And, what is the consistency?
Phuoc Thanh Village on September 1st 2015
Thinley – Nguyen Thanh
Translated by Mat Dieu Hang
CHANHTUDUY COM
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: How to verify the authenticity of Buddhist sutras?

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi, your whole post here and in the other thread are quotes, like this last one came from your blog post Letter No. 137 to disciples: How to verify the authenticity of Buddhist sutras?. However this forum is really aimed at discussing a topic as individuals, using external authorities and sources only sparingly. This looks more like advertising ones own site or blog without any aim for conversation. But perhaps I misunderstood?

To answer your question: one can only truly verify "authenticity" by ones own inquiry and philosophy, thereby, if needed, expressing freely and spontaneously. That is why I just wrote what I wrote.

This thread will remain open to see if some discussion will develop. But any further similar threads started by you I'll just add to it until that happens. Thanks for understanding!