What's Stopping us From Seeing the Truth?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Bill Wiltrack

What's Stopping us From Seeing the Truth?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

It's hard to see the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear.

Philosophy, REAL philosophy, is a vehicle by which one may search for a deeper truth. In my own experience, soooo much of our lives is in search of anything BUT the truth. I am surprised at how much one can accomplish by developing one's intuition and then making a superhuman effort to get out of the way of our experiencing. Truth, even a slight glimmer at what a deeper truth may be, is so rewarding.

Jackal44

Re: What's Stopping us From Seeing the Truth?

Post by Jackal44 »

Hello everybody. This universe is a lonely experience.
In fact I´m here and I know nobody reads me. Even if you think you are reading me. I´m so strange that my face reflects what you do not see anymore.
Well. Answering "What's Stopping us From Seeing the Truth?".
My answer is this:
Our genetics prevents us from seeing the Truth.
It´obvious watching the human History that we are monsters.
But as much as Frankenstein´s monster, we are non guilty.
The guilty one is our creator.
So, our creator prevents us to see the Truth.
So the next question could be this:-Can we overcome this fact or we are going to be puppets for all eternity?...
Goodbye forever blind alley!
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi Jack,

You might be right about the monster. But what if truth is something ultimately destructive? For starters it destroys all illusions.
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Hi Jack,

You might be right about the monster. But what if truth is something ultimately destructive? For starters it destroys all illusions.
The Truth must be something when there is nothing.
If our life is broken and if our existence is empty we got to find
a way to mend and to fill them.
Diebert van Rhijn

Jackal44 wrote:If our life is broken and if our existence is empty we got to find a way to mend and to fill them.
There's something broken about all life like there's something empty about each existence.
And something monstrous about all attempts so far to fill & fix.

Like there's something violent about love, something cruel about kindness.
And something sad about all attempts to get the one and avoid the other.
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

Congratulations for these words
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Jackal44 wrote:If our life is broken and if our existence is empty we got to find a way to mend and to fill them.
There's something broken about all life like there's something empty about each existence.

they are tipically from a frustrated person. A defeated person.
And very similar words were said by an old friend of you: Adolph Hitler.
ardy

Post by ardy »

Jackal44 wrote:Congratulations for these words
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:

So Jack it took you three goes to get to the Adolf. Well done! I thought it (or something like it) would come out soon enough.

If you have no faith in who you, or your kind are, what have you got left? I hope your tough as old boots because your going to need to be...
ardy

Post by ardy »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
It's hard to see the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear.

Philosophy, REAL philosophy, is a vehicle by which one may search for a deeper truth. In my own experience, soooo much of our lives is in search of anything BUT the truth. I am surprised at how much one can accomplish by developing one's intuition and then making a superhuman effort to get out of the way of our experiencing. Truth, even a slight glimmer at what a deeper truth may be, is so rewarding.

Bill - even if someone here told us the answer we would either misinterpret it and set off on actions that took us nowhere. The alternative is we deny that it was a correct answer.

It strikes me that the world of 'normal' existence has a faint cloud over it that descends on us and hides reality. It appears to be based on our ego moving from early childhood to youth. My guess is that it is driven by our need to be significant and perpetual in this world as we refuse at a deep level, our impotence and weaknesses and magnify that insecurity with a hidden fear of death.
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

ardy wrote:
Jackal44 wrote:Congratulations for these words
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:

So Jack it took you three goes to get to the Adolf. Well done! I thought it (or something like it) would come out soon enough.

If you have no faith in who you, or your kind are, what have you got left? I hope your tough as old boots because your going to need to be...
Yes, indeed.
Hitler thought his own humanity was fecal, so he tried to destroy his conscience in order to "get new and unhuman values"...refusing reason,
love, reality, tenderness, even the possibility of hope...well the rest is History...
ardy

Post by ardy »

Yes, indeed.
Hitler thought his own humanity was fecal, so he tried to destroy his conscience in order to "get new and unhuman values"...refusing reason,
love, reality, tenderness, even the possibility of hope...well the rest is History...
Amazing insight into Hitler that I have never read anywhere in the last 50 years. Did you or your family have a close connection with him perchance?
Diebert van Rhijn

Jackal44 wrote: they are tipically from a frustrated person. A defeated person.
And these type of ad hominem replies void of any philosophy are typically of some narcissistic child posting way out of his depth to preen his feathers.

We could stay here all day trying to think of better descriptions for each other but unless some more thought is put into the actual postings, it will be one-way extermination indeed. Hitler might have been a complete idiot when it comes to his attempted implementation of some European purification scheme, that doesn't mean basic hygiene is impossible on a small forum or in ones own life or drunken, damaging emotional roller coaster.
refusing reason,love, reality, tenderness, even the possibility of hope...well the rest is History...
Philosophy starts when you allow yourself to question what these words mean. Life experience will wise up most people eventually. It's well known that even Hitler displayed reason, love and tenderness on occasion to those he loved yet was completely possessed by some sense of hope for his notion of nation..
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

ardy wrote:
Yes, indeed.
Amazing insight into Hitler that I have never read anywhere in the last 50 years. Did you or your family have a close connection with him perchance?
It´s about time to learn something new about this one.
No, I´m not related with your "great man".
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

It's well known that even Hitler displayed reason, love and tenderness on occasion to those he loved yet was completely possessed by some sense of hope for his notion of nation..
I´m sure that´s what you feel. For you, Destruction is Construction, and Hate is Love. And probably Jesus was a bad guy and Adolph the good one. And vice versa. I think you´re not joking. Or playing a paradox.
You really mean it.
I´m not happy for being insightful on your case.
I´d love to be wrong.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

If someone tells you to "get over love", does they necessarily mean "embrace hatred"?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

jackal44: Hitler thought his own humanity was fecal, so he tried to destroy his conscience in order to "get new and unhuman values"...refusing reason,
Everything you know of Hitler's inner reasoning for his actions is nothing. Here you present absolutes when you should be presenting assumptions and speculations. No one KNOWS why Hitler did anything, perhaps not even Hitler. When I hear assumptions about another being presented as absolutes of another, Colbert's sarcastic coin of the phrase "truthiness" comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCQtDkuHGRc
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

movingalways wrote:
jackal44: Hitler thought his own humanity was fecal, so he tried to destroy his conscience in order to "get new and unhuman values"...refusing reason,
Everything you know of Hitler's inner reasoning for his actions is nothing. ...
Well, there is something true. Who knows nothing about me it´s you.
Moreover you don´t know if I am or not an authority on this matter.
But watching the video you send, I see what kind of authority you are.
"Clowns vision". Anyway can anyone explain why this forum is called "genius"?
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

Russell wrote:If someone tells you to "get over love", does they necessarily mean "embrace hatred"?
I´ve a theory about "love" and it´s true that is a more complex concept than it looks. But you cannot get over love without getting nothing.
This user offers us nothing.
And nothing is not the answer.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

Jackal44 wrote:
Russell wrote:If someone tells you to "get over love", does they necessarily mean "embrace hatred"?
I´ve a theory about "love" and it´s true that is a more complex concept than it looks. But you cannot get over love without getting nothing.
What have you offered? We know nothing of you, yet you know so much about everyone it seems.

Let's hear your theory on love. Or are we not worthy?
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

Jackal44 wrote:But you cannot get over love without getting nothing.
I find that what you receive from getting over love is a certain liberation. Love is a binding force which attaches us to ideals, draining us of mental and physical energy, and is far too often used to promote and sustain dangerous lifestyles.

Getting over love may feel like nothing at first, but once you clear the tears from your eyes it opens the doors to clarity.

Love does indeed stop us from seeing Truth. Love of Truth, however, is a whole different subject matter.
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

Russell wrote:
Jackal44 wrote:
What have you offered? We know nothing of you, yet you know so much about everyone it seems.

Let's hear your theory on love. Or are we not worthy?
Of course you´re worthy. But can you understand it? this is another matter.
Here at this space I can give a couple of tips.
In my opinion we live in a very sick world.
People are plenty of flaws. Their love concept is very restricted.
Sometimes it only refers to relationships with sex.
Those couples meet each other and get married without a real knowledge
of their souls. Even without knowledge of his bodies.
Anyway, even in a love concept to all the human kind I find people who name anything in the name of love. But sometimes it´s like an incomplete
puzzle searching for another piece of another incomplete puzzle.
The failure of those exchanges is really dangerous.
Because these people feel that their love was betrayed. So they have a violent reaction. What it proves that was not love at all. It was lke a commercial intercourse, where you sell or buy and you got to receive something in exchange.
In my opinion the true love is something that appears in certain language
where love is translated "without death". The true love is beyond space and time. It´s immortal. And it´s plenty of felicity. An eternal everlasting flower. A never ending beauty.
When a person without sins (if we use a religious word) a perfect person
without flaws is able to reach the Grail of knowledge (not just an intellectual wisdom) then that person need not all the false cups of this world.
What it shocks me is the reality of common people. People who mutilate themselves. Remorses, lack of self knowledge, lack of forgiveness, lack of self demanding.
So, we should change the word "love" because it is a word that means something different from the true love.
And form and names are part of the meaning.
Maybe one day...
And there is just another concept. The cruel love concepts of religions, where love is related with cruelty, brutal sacrifice, humiliation before "gods".
That´s why in my first post I said "Our genetics prevent us from Enlightment". Maybe our creators sealed our doom, our wars, our emptiness,
our borders. If we overcome all limits we can be supermen. So gods.
And that´s exactly what our creators do not want. Because if we are "gods" we do not need religions anymore.
Of course it´s hard to reach my demanding concept of love...
That´s why I´m upset when I read that somebody of you tells"the secret of life is destruction". That´s the kind of manipulation we must refuse.
Someday we see... we´ll live as wonders, we fly, we cure all damage without any sacrifice, just for joy...
Of course this is super love.
Diebert van Rhijn

Jack, it's not that the "secret of life is destruction" or whatever your failing memory dished up, it's the secret of understanding your self here and what it is you're writing. It's very destructive discourse but you don't realize it (as that insight might upset you). That's because you're really trying hard to annihilate and rape meaning while advocating further alienation and alien worlds. It really lies from start to finish. So let me teach you about destruction: just read back your own post but now slowly! No "cure" is needed, just stop the destruction of truth and all the dreaming right now. Of course it's quite possible a whole house of cards will fall with it. Not the world or "they", are Frankenstein's "monster": try to see closer, much closer.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

Jackal44 wrote:Of course you´re worthy. But can you understand it? this is another matter. [...]
I think I understand you just fine, albeit for a few details, such as in how literal you are being when you speak of "our creators."

I see love as a tool, a means to an end. Love, in itself, is incomplete, and thus imperfect. Love is not the final frontier.

We do indeed live in a sick world, in which imperfect love rules our minds and way of life. Genetics certainly play a part in inhibiting us from perceiving and utilizing love in a way that leads to perfection, but the key opponent is in our lack of understanding driven by habitual ignorance. Delusional thinking is the enemy.
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

As I thought you do not read carefully what I wrote.
It´s true I got to use "alien" terms because I´m humble enough
to recognise I don´t know what is the true love or whatever thing
is that. Buy I try hard to reach the concept.
On the other hand it´s very depressing you despise something you ignore.
"Love is a tool and not the final frontier".
It sounds so material. Like the mechanics of cars.
The best speech is not made by words it´s made by facts.
We cannot understand deeply a concept without a vital experience of it.
An intellectual concept is not the Truth is a shadow of Truth.

One person (it´s a real story) wanted to experience what is on the other side of the "final frontier" if we overcome "love". This person got a mystic experience living in a place without God or love. And that was the most stinking and terrifying place ever. All darkness. After a terrible moment a giant hand appeared and hold the man saving his life and soul. Since that moment his life changed. His vision. And he won´t play games with essential values anymore.
Russell Parr

Post by Russell Parr »

Jackal44 wrote:"Love is a tool and not the final frontier".
It sounds so material. Like the mechanics of cars.
That's because love is materialistic. You can't have love without something other-than-self for it to act upon. It does not exist on it's own accord. It's descriptive of a connection between you and something or someone else.

Earlier you said "if we are "gods" we do not need religions anymore." The same applies to love. Once we embrace Spirit and realize we are God, love has no more use to us. If we cling to love, we cling to only parts of God, and therefore lose God.
One person (it´s a real story) wanted to experience what is on the other side of the "final frontier" if we overcome "love". This person got a mystic experience living in a place without God or love. And that was the most stinking and terrifying place ever. All darkness. After a terrible moment a giant hand appeared and hold the man saving his life and soul. Since that moment his life changed. His vision. And he won´t play games with essential values anymore.
You cannot live without God, it is only by delusion to think that you can. God can seem "stinky and terrifying" only to those who have shut Him off in their minds. Again, this is done by clinging to things like love and all other sorts of materialism.

I'm interested in learning more about your metaphor, though. What exactly is the giant hand that saves the soul?
Jackal44

Post by Jackal44 »

It wasn´t exactly a metaphor. It was a real experience of somebody who lived a mystic experience in the border of death.
He got a nephew who some days ago was going to die.
He prayed for the salvation of his dear nephew.
And he promised God to exchange his life for the salvation of his nephew.
And when the nephew was OK and recovered, that experience happened.
A voice arised from his depth asking him to die. Promises are promises.
His faith in God was not complete. So he was afraid of Death.
So he was transported into nowhere, a vacant space of total isolation, like being in outer space but without stars or any reference of light.
A terrible foul stench. An offensive odor that he´ll never forget.
The worst place imaginable with no hope for tomorrow.
Only when he said "I don´t care if this is Death, I still believe there´s God"...that gigantic hand reached down and snatched him out of the terrifying place, the he came back to his body.

I cannot assure that was the voice of God or the hand of Conscience,
but his life changed completely.