Is this forum a congregation of geniuses or...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
frankieh456

Is this forum a congregation of geniuses or...

Post by frankieh456 »

...a congregation of people who discuss what genius is or might be?

Conversation is the elixir that stimulates but what is important is the fire that burns up the fuel.

Do we as geniuses work to put our ideas into common practice, or do we hide among the shadows discussing "unconventional topics" like school children discovering their sensuality.

My time is ahead of now when genius is the COMMON SENSE.

All who submit to evil and un-truth are part of the problem.

Our fears of "responsibility" and "societal judgement" hold us back.

Take responsibility for the actions of our fellows. For if we are truly "geniuses", we do not allow them to act in discord with truth. We remind them that the truth is real.

If you care about yourself and the truth, do not let it down...
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Is this forum a congregation of geniuses or...

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi Frankie, welcome!

The answer to your question is both because to take truly ones own and the world's measure (genus) takes a genius. To get the fundamentals and get a grip.

Many discussions end up revolving around the question of what is being perceived as truth, let alone finding a common practice. Or even a commonality. It's quite possible, logically as well historically, that genius would be by definition rare and in its development rejecting all but himself.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

"Is this forum a congregation of geniuses or ...
... a congregation of people who discuss what genius is or might be?"

I figure until it’s put down into writing otherwise, under proper conditions, the forum is an opportunity to have your false reasoning discouraged or denounced. Methods and results vary.

“Genius does not necessarily discourage or denounce ideas and beliefs, only the false reasoning that underpins them.”
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

frankieh456 wrote: Do we as geniuses work to put our ideas into common practice, or do we hide among the shadows discussing "unconventional topics" like school children discovering their sensuality.
Hmm, I know one of the member's here is a racist, but I don't know of any pedophiles.
My time is ahead of now when genius is the COMMON SENSE.
In a world full of idiots, what do you expect? No need for caps lock. They poison the water and you expect people to have common sense? Sheesh.
All who submit to evil and un-truth are part of the problem.

Our fears of "responsibility" and "societal judgement" hold us back.

Take responsibility for the actions of our fellows.
But I thought the general consensus is that evil and good are fake illusions. As for societal judgement you must be ranting about someone else, because at age 6 I was submitting pictures of poop at art galleries.

Lucky for you, I'm here to make you feel right. I made a topic which might be more your speed. http://www.theabsolute.net/phpBB/viewto ... =10&t=7526
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
ardy

Post by ardy »

HI Frankie: You said "Do we as geniuses work to put our ideas into common practice" Now that would be something. Most people over the mid 100's in their IQ have so much going on that trying to nail it down into common practice is nearly impossible. The ones I have met are either so engrossed they can barely speak, or they are so garrulous that you get worn out talking to them.

An ex boss of mine was one of the few I have met who had some common sense and was a scientist who jumped out of that world. He ended up running a company I worked for called Silicon Graphics, was very successful. When he came to Australia he preferred to talk to senior people in the government, as he had a bunch of ideas about how to improve the country he was born in.

Genius is at its best when used by those who can take advantage of it, rarely are they the ones in charge, but they may be the influencers.
GreatandWiseTrixie

ardy wrote:HI Frankie: You said "Do we as geniuses work to put our ideas into common practice" Now that would be something. Most people over the mid 100's in their IQ have so much going on that trying to nail it down into common practice is nearly impossible. The ones I have met are either so engrossed they can barely speak, or they are so garrulous that you get worn out talking to them.

An ex boss of mine was one of the few I have met who had some common sense and was a scientist who jumped out of that world. He ended up running a company I worked for called Silicon Graphics, was very successful. When he came to Australia he preferred to talk to senior people in the government, as he had a bunch of ideas about how to improve the country he was born in.

Genius is at its best when used by those who can take advantage of it, rarely are they the ones in charge, but they may be the influencers.
Genius is not determined by IQ. I knew a guy who had an IQ of only 131 but at the time he was wiser than I was. But he got lazy and careless, surrounded by friends and not enough suffering and isolation to give him the right push he needs, and I've far surpassed him. I even met someone with IQ of 171+ they even said they had the ability to see auras, but I wouldn't ever consider them genius. And, IQ tests are taken at the single most dumbest point in time, when someone is hunched over a computer practically brain-dead, or sitting in a room full of stress and florescent lights. I knew a guy who was a genius but it was compensated by the fact he couldn't read people's emotions very well. He would go on and on about cars for hours and most of us didn't even know half of what he was talking about eventually. Don't want to rock the guy though.

On the other hand, the thing of the matter is, once you reach a certain level of intelligence, you can do new things, but after a while, you see no reason to. It's like cheating in a videogame, once you enable the upgrade, there's no emotional drive to do anything really, only through sheer dedication and determination does anything get done, because the novelty wears off so soon.

But, if you guys want to do a project, I think you should make something called "Project Intersect", a 60 minute video with all of the most vital information. You see, the internet has become cluttered with useless information, and educational videos such as documentaries are filled with lots of fluff. It could be condensed and compressed much further.

And you are definitely right about leadership, most leaders and such are rotten to the core. Smart ones usually get tossed aside, duh look at the world around you.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Is achievement required to identify a genius?

The achievement identifying a genius is usually some sort of brilliance: intellectual, artistic, athletic, or just freakish as in savant, since even a freakishly brilliant savant who can replay a piano like a recording has achieved something considered unachievable by most human capacities.

Here’s something to mull, though.

If achievement is required to identify genius,
then is genius a quality conferred by a meaning maker
or makers
making meaning about the achievement
and then projecting that made meaning into the identification ...

... or is genius simply discerned?

Answers:
Yes
Discerned

The meaning maker option does account for
why some are curiously called genius,
and also accounts for
musical tastes
that are otherwise inexplicable.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote: musical tastes
that are otherwise inexplicable.
Describe your musical tastes to me.

I have come to a crossroads...I am unable to determine what music is good, and what music is bad.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Excellence and quality, without a doubt. Why settle for less unless you must?

Regarding the differentiation anemia, think of any famous person and ask the question, loose or uptight? Most times you know the answer.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:Excellence and quality, without a doubt. Why settle for less unless you must?

Regarding the differentiation anemia, think of any famous person and ask the question, loose or uptight? Most times you know the answer.
Anemia? Don't get your lingo.

I can see if a person acts loose or uptight, but excellence and quality are in the eye of the beholder. And my eyes only see an eternity of pointless yin and yang.

Most people say big rigs over the road racing is low quality, but in some ways it is artistic masterpiece. Like some music people say is rubbish but I say nay, I can tell myself a song is good or it is bad, one time it sounds good then the next moment it sounds bad. Why because the one day I got movement from it, it changed my emotions. But maybe when I listen again, it sounds not so good, because no more movement in emotions. Or maybe one day I say it is good, because I dont want movement in emotions.

The only thing I truly want, and need is to not exist at all. People dont know what they like or what they want. Only give them what they need.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Anemia is a deficiency, thus the inability to distinguish between good and bad is a differentiation deficiency, i.e., differentiation anemia.

In order to behold the beholder must have a beholden.
Since a beholden requires a beholder to be beheld,
then we can say that beholding is dependent
upon both beholder and beholden.
Because a beholden requires a beholder to be beheld,
and because qualitative differentiations of good and bad
require beholder, beholding, and the beholden,
then we can say that this designating triumvirate is (pluralism) in action,
and as such is relative to situation.

Bill Clinton. Loose or uptight?
Hillary Clinton. Loose or uptight?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:Anemia is a deficiency, thus the inability to distinguish between good and bad is a differentiation deficiency, i.e., differentiation anemia.

In that case, I am high on anemia.
I'll read your poetry after the splitting headache and weight of existence goes away. Second one will probably never.

hillary clinton id say shes tight in all the right areas, and just the right amount of loose
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Cahoot wrote:Anemia is a deficiency, thus the inability to distinguish between good and bad is a differentiation deficiency, i.e., differentiation anemia.

I'll read your poetry after the splitting headache and weight of existence goes away. Second one will probably never.

hillary clinton id say shes tight in all the right areas, and just the right amount of loose
Reasoning can be tedious. A simple list of conclusions cuts through all that bother,
and no one really wants to see how the sausage is made.

Bill – loose. Hillary – uptight.

Tom Cruise: loose or uptight?
Nicole Kidman: loose or uptight?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:

Reasoning can be tedious. A simple list of conclusions cuts through all that bother,
and no one really wants to see how the sausage is made.

Bill – loose. Hillary – uptight.

Tom Cruise: loose or uptight?
Nicole Kidman: loose or uptight?
They dont want to see it, but they need to see the evil of their way.

dont really keep up with celebs i guess tom cruise uptight cuz hes a secret agent scientist or something.

okay i woke up to understand your little bit of poetry but then you traumatized me with the sausages.
why o why did i have to live