Enlightened Am

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Bobo

Re: Enlightened Am

Post by Bobo »

To the unenlightened there's enlightenment, to the enlightened there's no enlightenment.
crow

Post by crow »

Very precise, Ardy. You do die. You fear you will never come back, and so you either panic, or don't come back.
Something comes back, although it is not you, and never again will be.
A familiar body, but with a soul that is everywhere, in everything, in every time, forever.

Only courage beyond courage achieves this. Only to laugh that courage was never actually warranted, or needed.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Bobo wrote:To the unenlightened there's enlightenment, to the enlightened there's no enlightenment.
That's a lot to talk about. There's a lot of people just striving for acknowledgement too.
crow

Post by crow »

Is part of being a genius always drawing abstract conclusions from every input, that are always completely inaccurate?
Strangely, I'd never considered that possibility before. Then again, I've never been around so many geniuses at the same time.
Aniihya

Post by Aniihya »

I personally do not believe in enlightenment. Too many people claim enlightenment when they often have a depersonalization disorder or are just tripping balls. The closest I can imagine to enlightenment is a sharp and keen perception of reality and the ability to not just view things from ones own point of view.
Anders Schlander

Post by Anders Schlander »

I have recently gotten a schizophrenia diagnosis, I have mentioned I used to care about philosophy and truth, and that I thought I knew what most people never get close to, but it feels as if people have a perception that any knowledge similar to say some of Jesus' knowledge, and a feeling of being better, or specifically more knowledgeable, s JUST another symptom forr them.

I do hear voices, and similar things, im not denying my diagnosis. but it's funny how if you actually were enlightened, everybody even psychiatrists say you're mad. even just having insight into certain things.

Sigh. anyway, hello, I havn't posted here in years

edit: about enlightenment. Enlightenment is a definition, theres no 'belief' in enlightenment if you have a solid definition for it. But in my experience, being close to god seemed VASTLY different from anything I have ever experienced. I remember one day I felt myself in tune with God that made everything different from how id experienced things before.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Anders, even if you have schizophrenia, don't take the drugs they give you. Just choose to spend your time in contemplation, meditation, or practicing focus and control, it's up to you how the rest of your life pans out, just don't think you're helpless.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hello Anders, it's been a while indeed.
But in my experience, being close to god seemed VASTLY different from anything I have ever experienced. I remember one day I felt myself in tune with God that made everything different from how i'd experienced things before.
The nature of perception is surprisingly vast. Many modes are possible but one has to be careful of strong moods and emotional responses. It's not a given that our brains are ready to take everything on. If too much stress develops (and some symptoms you are experiencing might be such effect, echoes of past formations) it's wiser to ease the approach. There are no "neat packages" here.
Morse

Post by Morse »

Atri wrote:I am the husband of Kunyab. I claim to be enlightened.
This is because there is no confusion in me as to my nature. I am simply the ever unchanging subject and do not take myself to be any object.
This is the difference between enlightened and unenlightened, the unenlightened take themselves to be an object whether physical and mental, when this confusion is removed then enlightenment dawns.
That's what its all about.
Well, I read the quotes to do with Genius in the introductory threads, and I saw that genius, here, is distinguished from being very smart (for ex. Einstein). It seemed from the quote there is a rajasic, dyanamic quality to genius. A strong connection to the world, to creating, changing. To being interesting.

It seems to me you define yourself (or your state) in the negative. A transcendence of identification. Perhaps plants have this state also. (nothing negative in that I love plants).

But where is the Genius?