How do I change the world

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

How do I change the world

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Okay so I need to make a video that will change the minds of at least 7 billion people.

Discuss.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: How do I change the world

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Okay so I need to make a video that will change the minds of at least 7 billion people.
Study the work of others like commerical advertisments. For background, Edward Bernays or even Goebbels. Watch perhaps "The Century of the Self" from Adam Curtis. Or create a new designer drug which will take the world by storm.

Changing is not difficult, the mind is already changing, pushing and being pushed. Just tap into that! Or were you thinking of changing the scale of wisdom too?
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Go the CIA route, put LSD on world's tap water, that would make a heck of a change. Oh, with a video...
GreatandWiseTrixie

Bobo wrote:Go the CIA route, put LSD on world's tap water, that would make a heck of a change. Oh, with a video...
If the CIA already put LSD in the water, then what need is there? Unless by that comment, you meant all of the other chemicals they put in the water, except for LSD, lol.
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Okay so I need to make a video that will change the minds of at least 7 billion people.
Study the work of others like commerical advertisments. For background, Edward Bernays or even Goebbels. Watch perhaps "The Century of the Self" from Adam Curtis. Or create a new designer drug which will take the world by storm.

Changing is not difficult, the mind is already changing, pushing and being pushed. Just tap into that! Or were you thinking of changing the scale of wisdom too?
Commercial advertisements - Highly inneffective, 2 percent success ratio.
Will watch Centure of Self
Drug route might be effective.

I realize there is also big problem with "changing" persons so to speak. I've noticed on my own self, that when I am away from the computer, my personality changes. I feel love. But when I go on the computer, I no longer wish to do the things I planned to do. my persona changes...
It's not just me...the whole world is like this, they have different personas on the computer because they have been mentally raped by the internet. So, If I change someone while they are on the computer, is there a gaurantee it will "stick" so to speak. Long story short I am trying to stop people from being mindless meat-eating idiots.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Bobo wrote: Long story short I am trying to stop people from being mindless meat-eating idiots.

Make a Lentil Curry and share it?
GreatandWiseTrixie

uncledote wrote:
Bobo wrote: Long story short I am trying to stop people from being mindless meat-eating idiots.

You're not the first person to tell that joke. Where did that joke even originate? Wouldn't be so bad if all the vegan forums weren't dead, abandoned ruins.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

uncledote wrote:

You're not the first person to tell that joke. Where did that joke even originate? Wouldn't be so bad if all the vegan forums weren't dead, abandoned ruins.

A Vegan zealot told it to me then ran away...
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Commercial advertisements - Highly inneffective, 2 percent success ratio.
Highly ineffective? But going from lets say 0.00002% (all your current effort) to 2% (what you think advertisement accomplishes) means improving your efforts a million times over! That is not ineffective but a major stepping up of the game. Sometimes raising the bar at such astronomic levels before even having started only serves as an excuses not to try it anymore. This holds true for every project and I've fallen for it many times. It might mean we prefer the part of dreaming, the flames of imagination, while avoiding the guaranteed frustration and chilling failures.
Long story short I am trying to stop people from being mindless meat-eating idiots.
Perhaps the best tactic here is to target the "meat supply" itself? However, it being fundamentally unsustainable might mean the problem could fix itself. Most world changers never lived to see the end of it anyway. Which means you'd have to act in good faith.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Commercial advertisements - Highly inneffective, 2 percent success ratio.
Highly ineffective? But going from lets say 0.00002% (all your current effort) to 2% (what you think advertisement accomplishes) means improving your efforts a million times over! That is not ineffective but a major stepping up of the game. Sometimes raising the bar at such astronomic levels before even having started only serves as an excuses not to try it anymore. This holds true for every project and I've fallen for it many times. It might mean we prefer the part of dreaming, the flames of imagination, while avoiding the guaranteed frustration and chilling failures.
Long story short I am trying to stop people from being mindless meat-eating idiots.
Perhaps the best tactic here is to target the "meat supply" itself? However, it being fundamentally unsustainable might mean the problem could fix itself. Most world changers never lived to see the end of it anyway. Which means you'd have to act in good faith.
I know about the concept of targeting the source. As brainless as the population is, trying to convince people who slaughterhouses to act kindly towards animals is even more ridiculous. It's either shut the factory down, because nobody can tell a slaughterhouse worker what they already know. It's like telling a pile of shit to stop festering in the middle of a field. Pointless. Alls you can do is throw out the poop.

I am aware of that option but that is something that may happen regardless of my action. So in the meantime rather than twiddle my thumbs while millions are slaughtered (like most vegans) I seek to be more active to change it.

A million times over, even when multiplied, is relative. Multiple 1 atom by 1 million and throw it in the sand, you still can't see it really. 2 percent is with people who genuinely want a product. Meat eaters would just as soon change the channel. Pathetic. It's really a mute point, don't have the money most vegans are poor anyway. Show me a rich vegan and I'll show you something to be proud of.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Just saw 'Leviathan' (2012). A documentary film of a commercial fishing boat. Very powerful and would certainly make many people think about how fish are caught and prepared before reaching the supermarket.

What struck me was big fish eating smaller fish in the nets even when they are all doomed. This documentary is not preachy in any way and deserves to be seen by more people on a big screen. It's very immersive.
GreatandWiseTrixie

uncledote wrote:Just saw 'Leviathan' (2012). A documentary film of a commercial fishing boat. Very powerful and would certainly make many people think about how fish are caught and prepared before reaching the supermarket.

What struck me was big fish eating smaller fish in the nets even when they are all doomed. This documentary is not preachy in any way and deserves to be seen by more people on a big screen. It's very immersive.
hmm might send it to people but they probably wouldnt bother watching it, they wouldnt bother to do something i wanted even if their life depended on it or i offered a million dollars. wish hollywood would promote movies like this instead of mindless hollywood filmz.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

uncledote wrote:Just saw 'Leviathan' (2012). A documentary film of a commercial fishing boat. Very powerful and would certainly make many people think about how fish are caught and prepared before reaching the supermarket.

hmm might send it to people but they probably wouldnt bother watching it, they wouldnt bother to do something i wanted even if their life depended on it or i offered a million dollars. wish hollywood would promote movies like this instead of mindless hollywood filmz.
If they are not moved by the film 'Earthlings' then there is no hope. The only people I know who watch and discuss that film are the Hippie / Buddhist / Veggie types. Preaching to the converted. Most punters will not watch as it puts them off their dinner.

Evolution takes time.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

GreatandWiseTrixie

uncledote wrote:

If they are not moved by the film 'Earthlings' then there is no hope. The only people I know who watch and discuss that film are the Hippie / Buddhist / Veggie types. Preaching to the converted. Most punters will not watch as it puts them off their dinner.

Evolution takes time.
Time is relative, and fleeting.

As for evolution, it seems with more time, things get worse. If everyone here knew Metroid lore, it would help. You see, evolution, for the Space Pirates, is a bad thing. And humans are more like Space Pirates than Chozo.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

As for evolution, it seems with more time, things get worse. If everyone here knew Metroid lore, it would help. You see, evolution, for the Space Pirates, is a bad thing. And humans are more like Space Pirates than Chozo.
Yes, time is relative, and fleeting - and you've spent too much of it playing a dumbsass, adolescent video game.
GreatandWiseTrixie

uncledote wrote:

Yes, time is relative, and fleeting - and you've spent too much of it playing a dumbsass, adolescent video game.
Hardly. Beat the game in about a week of your disgusting Earth time, and I haven't played videogames for years, fool. I do hope you've actually played the damn game in order to judge it as so?

What do you do with your time that is so damn productive, anyway? Meditate? Don't make me laugh. Unless you've parted the sea or turned 5000 inanimate objects into food, I'm not impressed. Loser.