Nirvana is

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Nirvana is

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Just drank a tea that was supposed to "de-toxify" my body. It made me think clearer, and this made me even more miserable. Got tons of praise and adoration today. Temporary surge of chemicals in my veins. But, what next? But now what?...I feel miserable.

I read your Genius Blog. It was a good read. Made me interested in a few things. But the truth is, why achieve Nirvana when all around us is suffering? It feels selfish. Today the Animal Holocaust is not even recognized as a tragedy, today animals are slaughtered by grotesque and disgusting lesser beings. Do I want to be happy? No. Truth is, yeah, sometimes I put a smile on my face...sometimes I get so high I have a grin on my face so big it hurts...Sometimes I laugh so much I black out and become paralyzed. Some say that's not happiness. But it is happiness, I just have so much of it it's overwhelming. Some say that's not Nirvana, some say I don't know what Nirvana is. But if it ain't Nirvana, and Nirvana is an upgrade from what I got...Why would I want it? I don't deserve it. Nothing pleases me more than being abused. In this universe...there are patterns. You may say that Kurt Cobain's suicide was not real. You may say that Kurt Cobain's misery, being the lead singer of the band "Nirvana" has no significance. But in life, there are patterns. Names have meaning. Things have connections. There is a pattern to everything.

Besides, I've already died. There's no point on seeking Nirvana on this Earth. I know what it's like on the other side.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Bobo

Re: Nirvana is

Post by Bobo »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: But the truth is, why achieve Nirvana when all around us is suffering?
You have a case when you think of it as an effect of whim. You have nothing to lose in choosing nirvana over suffering, and in the pool of suffering there's only gain. Of course if that whim increases the pool of suffering it could be questioned on rational grounds, if life entails suffering then the whole notion of nirvana could be put into question. Of course in some views nirvana would be exactly that - the escape of the wheel of life/suffering. (And yes, in a way that nirvana is comparable to suicide.)
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Hey Trixie,

There is no suffering. You're making it up. Meaninglessness, meaning-making.

There is no other side, or dying, or nirvana.
GreatandWiseTrixie

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Hey Trixie,

There is no suffering. You're making it up. Meaninglessness, meaning-making.

There is no other side, or dying, or nirvana.
Death is real, and thank goodness it is. For some, they reincarnate, but there is always the possibilty of true death, and thank goodness for it.

Currently on the fence about the realness of suffering. Can't decide if it's real or just made up, a bit confused about it. For example, I've always wanted to sever my body in half, but I've never got around to it, because it seems too real.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Both and neither. If you think you're suffering then you're suffering. It's real, but it's based in the realm of fantasy. Like imagining Santa Clause, the imagination is real as far as it goes, but it's in the realm of fantasy.

Even death is meaning-making.

"What remains for one,
who sees the non-existence
of a phenomenal world created
by the mere thought of a name?"
GreatandWiseTrixie

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Both and neither. If you think you're suffering then you're suffering. It's real, but it's based in the realm of fantasy. Like imagining Santa Clause, the imagination is real as far as it goes, but it's in the realm of fantasy.

Even death is meaning-making.

"What remains for one,
who sees the non-existence
of a phenomenal world created
by the mere thought of a name?"
Emotions are real. Suffering is real. Yet they are in the realm of fantasy, based on fantasy, caused by delusion, founded upon make-believe. If I didn't have internet I wouldn't suffer. If someone murdered my family perhaps I would for a little, but that would be a short-lived lapse in judgement. (Which of course, to the delusional, it's considered crazy not to cry and scream and act delusional and depressed in such a situation, which only outlines their lack of sanity)

Pain is pain, and most likely suffering, depending on its degree, but it passes. The majority of suffering is mental/psychological suffering
Added your quote from the other thread.

So what is pain? Is it a constant? Can one enjoy getting shot in the kneecap? Or even one step further, can someone not perceive it at all? If it is a fantasy what is the realm of fantasy...Since you cannot prove any facts you read in a book, can you even prove anyone else exists besides you...The concept of solipsism is a very lonely and sad fantasy...

What if there was a way to prove someone else exists? But what if there was no way to prove whether the theory (of which describes a method to prove if someone exists) is actually true?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Added your quote from the other thread.

So what is pain? Is it a constant? Can one enjoy getting shot in the kneecap? Or even one step further, can someone not perceive it at all? If it is a fantasy what is the realm of fantasy...Since you cannot prove any facts you read in a book, can you even prove anyone else exists besides you...The concept of solipsism is a very lonely and sad fantasy...

What if there was a way to prove someone else exists? But what if there was no way to prove whether the theory (of which describes a method to prove if someone exists) is actually true?
Try and think 'Solipsism', without the idea that you are alone, or the idea that you are not alone.

"This is me", "him", "her", "other". Meaning-making. Conventional terms, distinctions which do not inherently exist.

It's not constant. Some people enjoy it, to a degree. One can not perceive it if they are perhaps unconscious (many possibilities for this, getting knocked out, drug-induced unconsciousness, or being in a state in which bodily feeling does not arise)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Seeker, it is a shame that you have seen fit to cast Jesus from his sacred bower betwixt your breast(s). The cradle which held Him who watches over the universe holds the vessels of His power today, amid marmoreal offerings of man's genius to it.

The mannger which housed that cradle is today the most powerful civilization ever to exist upon this our little blue bauble - His rightful realm. You belong to that civilization, and are thus divinely obliged to adore and worship Him who gave you all you know and recognize. Instead, you're writing nonsense on an internet forum on his birthday. Is this right?

All of what I have said above is as real as the crustaceans which inhabit your mother's aqueduct. You are His child, as is everyone else. This is not in your head, nor illusory, nor meaningless. It is as dumbfoundingly, miraculously palpable as the breathing of a newborn babe. You do not know the experience of looking at your own child for the first time. But I, who have fathered your father with your mother, do. And I can tell you that it is the most real thing there can be. Do not avert your sight from these truths. Incline your ears towards the music of my loins, so that you may eventually taste your destiny.

Merry Christmas.
ardy

Post by ardy »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Just drank a tea that was supposed to "de-toxify" my body. It made me think clearer, and this made me even more miserable. Got tons of praise and adoration today. Temporary surge of chemicals in my veins. But, what next? But now what?...I feel miserable.

I read your Genius Blog. It was a good read. Made me interested in a few things. But the truth is, why achieve Nirvana when all around us is suffering? It feels selfish. Today the Animal Holocaust is not even recognized as a tragedy, today animals are slaughtered by grotesque and disgusting lesser beings. Do I want to be happy? No. Truth is, yeah, sometimes I put a smile on my face...sometimes I get so high I have a grin on my face so big it hurts...Sometimes I laugh so much I black out and become paralyzed. Some say that's not happiness. But it is happiness, I just have so much of it it's overwhelming. Some say that's not Nirvana, some say I don't know what Nirvana is. But if it ain't Nirvana, and Nirvana is an upgrade from what I got...Why would I want it? I don't deserve it. Nothing pleases me more than being abused. In this universe...there are patterns. You may say that Kurt Cobain's suicide was not real. You may say that Kurt Cobain's misery, being the lead singer of the band "Nirvana" has no significance. But in life, there are patterns. Names have meaning. Things have connections. There is a pattern to everything.

Besides, I've already died. There's no point on seeking Nirvana on this Earth. I know what it's like on the other side.
GWT: As a first step to understanding what you went through (above) you need to have a look at the 'Play of the Guna's' you can google it. It will explain why sometimes you feel elation and sometimes misery. It is an old Hindu text from about 3000 years ago.

If you want to pursue the rest of it be prepared, it ain't easy and it is full of charlatans.

Nirvana is of no significance if you just want it, a bit like going to a sophisticated shop. Then there is the weird, where it can just drop on some people and others spend their whole lives in dedicated pursuit of it only to be disappointed.

Nirvana is - something you should stay away from unless you have a very strong mind and are not easily carried away by ideas and thoughts. Holding onto a critical mind and staying within your own realm is important along with a mind that states 'I don't know'.
GreatandWiseTrixie

jupiviv wrote:Seeker, it is a shame that you have seen fit to cast Jesus from his sacred bower betwixt your breast(s). The cradle which held Him who watches over the universe holds the vessels of His power today, amid marmoreal offerings of man's genius to it.

The mannger which housed that cradle is today the most powerful civilization ever to exist upon this our little blue bauble - His rightful realm. You belong to that civilization, and are thus divinely obliged to adore and worship Him who gave you all you know and recognize. Instead, you're writing nonsense on an internet forum on his birthday. Is this right?

All of what I have said above is as real as the crustaceans which inhabit your mother's aqueduct. You are His child, as is everyone else. This is not in your head, nor illusory, nor meaningless. It is as dumbfoundingly, miraculously palpable as the breathing of a newborn babe. You do not know the experience of looking at your own child for the first time. But I, who have fathered your father with your mother, do. And I can tell you that it is the most real thing there can be. Do not avert your sight from these truths. Incline your ears towards the music of my loins, so that you may eventually taste your destiny.

Merry Christmas.
But December 25 aint the true birthday, or so they say. I guess.
GWT: As a first step to understanding what you went through (above) you need to have a look at the 'Play of the Guna's' you can google it. It will explain why sometimes you feel elation and sometimes misery. It is an old Hindu text from about 3000 years ago.

If you want to pursue the rest of it be prepared, it ain't easy and it is full of charlatans.

Nirvana is of no significance if you just want it, a bit like going to a sophisticated shop. Then there is the weird, where it can just drop on some people and others spend their whole lives in dedicated pursuit of it only to be disappointed.

Nirvana is - something you should stay away from unless you have a very strong mind and are not easily carried away by ideas and thoughts. Holding onto a critical mind and staying within your own realm is important along with a mind that states 'I don't know'.
Kay I will. 3000 is a cool number, so I will.

Sophisticated shop parable...are we talking about nirvana is the kind of illusion that goes away when you try too hard to find it? or no
What kind'a shop are we talkin' about here? Something naughty for the misses? </3
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Trixie: Besides, I've already died. There's no point on seeking Nirvana on this Earth. I know what it's like on the other side.
Are you referring here to a physical death or a spiritual death? Either way, what you experienced is near-death, not death. The evidence for the former is your presence here on this forum. The evidence for the latter is that you believe in an objective reality, "another side."

Wisdom is unmoving on the truth that there is no "other side."
GreatandWiseTrixie

movingalways wrote:
Trixie: Besides, I've already died. There's no point on seeking Nirvana on this Earth. I know what it's like on the other side.
Are you referring here to a physical death or a spiritual death? Either way, what you experienced is near-death, not death. The evidence for the former is your presence here on this forum. The evidence for the latter is that you believe in an objective reality, "another side."

Wisdom is unmoving on the truth that there is no "other side."
other side is a figure of speech...sorta...maybe so, maybe not...or maybe so...or maybe not and maybe so...

It is a secret, I can't say more.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Couldn't find the original text, so I just watched a Youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZmk7_Ufzk
Nothing I don't already know, and nothing I haven't heard before. Is this video true to the original text?
ardy

Post by ardy »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:

Nothing I don't already know, and nothing I haven't heard before. Is this video true to the original text?
This seems to be a huge religious statement rather than how I have seen it as a chart or spreadsheet which tells you all you need to know.

Wiki has this to say: Book 17 of Bhagvad Gita discusses Guna.[5] Verse 17.2 refers to the three Guna - sattvic, rajasic and tamasic - as innate nature (psychology or personality of an individual).[6][7] Sattvic guna is one driven by what is pure, truth, compassionate, without craving, doing the right because it is right, positive and good. Tamasic guna is one driven by what is impure, dark, destructive, aimed to hurt another, contemptuous, negative and evil. Rajasic guna is one that is ego-driven, out of personal passion, active, ostentatious, seeking the approval of others.[5][7]

You can only move from one to the other ie no jumps from Tamas to Sattva. The second is that to get out of Tamas you have to use action. The third is that they go through with you EVEN if you should realise who you are, as they are a fundamental part of life.

Most people spend most of their lives in Rajas - Trying to hold on to what they have, whilst trying to grab what they want.

The Gunas are the three basic constituents of the creation. All three Gunas are always present in everything but one
Guna will predominate over the other two.

I have a copy of the chart if you PM me I will email one to you. Had a go at formatting it here but I got bored.
GreatandWiseTrixie

ardy wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:

This seems to be a huge religious statement rather than how I have seen it as a chart or spreadsheet which tells you all you need to know.

Wiki has this to say: Book 17 of Bhagvad Gita discusses Guna.[5] Verse 17.2 refers to the three Guna - sattvic, rajasic and tamasic - as innate nature (psychology or personality of an individual).[6][7] Sattvic guna is one driven by what is pure, truth, compassionate, without craving, doing the right because it is right, positive and good. Tamasic guna is one driven by what is impure, dark, destructive, aimed to hurt another, contemptuous, negative and evil. Rajasic guna is one that is ego-driven, out of personal passion, active, ostentatious, seeking the approval of others.[5][7]

You can only move from one to the other ie no jumps from Tamas to Sattva. The second is that to get out of Tamas you have to use action. The third is that they go through with you EVEN if you should realise who you are, as they are a fundamental part of life.

Most people spend most of their lives in Rajas - Trying to hold on to what they have, whilst trying to grab what they want.

The Gunas are the three basic constituents of the creation. All three Gunas are always present in everything but one
Guna will predominate over the other two.

I have a copy of the chart if you PM me I will email one to you. Had a go at formatting it here but I got bored.
We are all three. We are a hive mind. But we assume being all three is still possible with a single persona.

By being, we mean in the foreground, or mastered the control of all the Gunas allowing for rapid interchangeability in a relatively short span.
ardy

Post by ardy »

GWT: I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought what I wrote was self explanatory maybe I was wrong?
GreatandWiseTrixie

ardy wrote:GWT: I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought what I wrote was self explanatory maybe I was wrong?
Do you know what a hivemind is? I know what you meant by the Three Gunas, you wrote it in a very clear and concise manner, much "light hand clapping old english word that isn't in the dictionary or on google and I forgot the name of that pretty much has no use except in parody videos".