Ha. ha. ha.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Ha. ha. ha.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Hmm. How shall I say this... How odd...
If there's one thing I hate about computing, it's that nothing is streamlined. For starters, your website wouldn't let me use any gmail accounts for some reason...and I had to send a second request to send my validation to a non-gmail address...Tisk-tisk, whoever designed this was a bit lazy, but that's not all...

I got a bit of a vomity chuckle when I read the description of what this site is all about...for "men" only and what not. Ha ha ha. I can feel the aura you've crafted...you've crafted some sort of envelope of submission surrounding the website, causing everyone to enter a fearful state from the get go. I can see it from the posts...people are saying "maybe I'm too feminine" "feminine is negative yin" "is my ego too big?" This and that. You have everyone second guessing themselves, even afraid to post a few typos, without someone posting something demeaning underneath, ironic, because the ego is bad...according to you? The forum users have accepted your philosophy wholly, I have to admit, your techniques...what's the expression... "It's genius...?" (in a sick sort of way
Maybe so...or maybe I know something you don't know...

I'm crazy? And what's wrong with that? It's worked wonders for me... Truth is, you need me.

I'm here to change things, forever. Even beyond your wildest dreams. It starts...here.
Truth is, this place is a little out of date. JPG 80x80 avatars only? Seriously? Need to get with the times.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Bobo

Re: Ha. ha. ha.

Post by Bobo »

Hello there and welcome to the world of Genius Forums.

Contrary to what appears to be your perception this website is pretty much a public plataform, so being a "men" is not a requirement to post here or anything like that. On the same note the founders of this forum are pretty much public personas on the internet and over the years have engaged in debates and often addressed criticisms, many on this website, mostly without the use of any kind of hostility from what I could say. (I would not advise you to mess with Diebert though, he is big, bad and meany, and has banned people before. Actually he is more likely to use the ban button than the founders of this forum ever were, it should not be difficult to find 'crazies' and the like in the older posts. And adressing the forum users as a mindless blob should raise a doubt on your willingness to engage meaningfully, it should not be a problem depending on what you got)

The gmail thing was an attempt in dealing with spam, and the forum goes back to a time where bandwidth on the internet was more of a problem, changing the phpBB plataform right now would more likely break things than fix things up, so there's this too.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hello Trixie, welcome.

Sorry about the block on Gmail accounts. Probably it was done by someone in more desperate times so I just removed the ban. Thanks for bringing it up! I'm not sure if it's about being lazy. Did you ever manage a forum, especially one with a little profile, attracting the most odd, persistent and obsessed characters you can imagine? Well, this forum used to be more like that and it did become a time issue at some point. And even now, for example a while ago I blocked a whole chain of free wireless networks for a while to prevent one crazy person from signing up again. Perhaps you swim in meaningless time but other people might not... ;)
Truth is, this place is a little out of date. JPG 80x80 avatars only? Seriously? Need to get with the times.
This place doesn't claim to be modern and aims to promote focus instead of offering more choices in lipstick. For the same reasons please don't post pictures, just try to write coherent points following most of the language rules and it will be taken seriously. Which is not what you'd find at most places. Then again, it's very quiet here these latter days so if chitchat or lots of response on a post is what you'd like, this might not be the place for you.
I'm crazy? And what's wrong with that? It's worked wonders for me... Truth is, you need me. I'm here to change things, forever. Even beyond your wildest dreams. It starts...here.
If you can present it somewhat coherently, go ahead. Do you have any interest in philosophical or spiritual topics at all? Not that such topics would save anyone but it often demonstrates a certain degree of thoughtfulness and intention needed to start a conversation using some common ground.
Diebert van Rhijn

Bobo wrote:Actually he is more likely to use the ban button than the founders of this forum ever were
Perhaps it's better to keep that myth alive. But the truth is that I yet to have to permanently ban anything other than obvious spam or crazy. And thanks to an updated spam filter even that doesn't need to be done very often. So effectively I ban way less than any of the Founding Fathers ever did! Of course the traffic is only a fraction of the past too. For example, I didn't ban that recent Tesla guy, even had a short PM exchange but he decided to look elsewhere I think.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Ow yeah, I was under the impresion that you've banned Dennis, Alex, and Pincho Paxton, the last two were probably banned by Dan Rowden tough. So change my words Dan Rowden is the worst he had deleted whole profiles with all posts before, never forget. :~(

Yep, the Tesla guy, the ancient wisdom of racism is probably neither ancient or wisdom.
To the obsessed character you could ban the whole city area from what I care, it would be a shame for a potential lurker from said city, but the odds are dim if it would help you out. It's kind of a surprise that such kind of a subject did not show up with a different face, so good work on that one.
Diebert van Rhijn

Bobo wrote:Ow yeah, I was under the impresion that you've banned Dennis, Alex, and Pincho Paxton, the last two were probably banned by Dan Rowden tough.
Alex never was banned actually -- although he might have been asked to take a break once but I think he just comes and leaves on his own accord. Anyway, for the record, I still have good contact with him despite all the differences on the forum. As for Dennis, although I wasn't moderator then, I don't mind being named as the one responsible. It was the second time he was banned though but for some reason he then still wanted to return as "Dennis". That's something I'll never understand.
To the obsessed character you could ban the whole city area from what I care
It's near impossible to target addresses that way as there are so many ways around IP-based geo-location. The main problem is to not turn it into yet another complex game for such obsessive player. If anything the forum is about addressing all the gaming, ritualizing and circuses organized around ones void. As discovering the general principle, not as personal therapy of course as forums suck at that.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:But the truth is that I yet to have to permanently ban anything other than obvious spam or crazy.
Which category are you saying Dennis fell under?
Diebert van Rhijn

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:But the truth is that I yet to have to permanently ban anything other than obvious spam or crazy.
Which category are you saying Dennis fell under?
Self-spam. Definitely not crazy!
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

What's with the bird image? Is that a symbol of authority?
Diebert van Rhijn

It's a heron catching a frog. Make of it what you will, there are many metaphors possible, ancient and modern, I suppose.

Although it's one I used before on this forum, I guess it would also fit 'moderation' (then again, do you know herons sometimes swallow whole bunnies?)
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Well I wouldn't know where they'd find half a bunnie!
Diebert van Rhijn

SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Sure thing, thanks.

BTW, let me know if you're planning on banning me at any point, so I can extend my sentences, vary my language, etc, to suit your needs.
Diebert van Rhijn

BTW, let me know if you're planning on banning me at any point, so I can extend my sentences, vary my language, etc, to suit your needs.
You probably don't even hear it when it happens.... (j/k) Really I'm more like the janitor and am not going to ban any regular who wasn't already banned in the past. But please do extent your sentences and vary your language, it might be a good exercise!