Kevin Solway's The Feminine Mind - the bane of Gamergate

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Bobo

Kevin Solway's The Feminine Mind - the bane of Gamergate

Post by Bobo »

KevinSolway wrote:Now the overt politization I refer to is coming from a particulary noxious group of people who have been called the social justice warriors and gamergate is in large part a strong pushback against them, the social justice warrior culture is itself a coombination of crazed third wave feminism, also know as teofeminism or religious feminism, along with post-modernism and cultural marxism that is cultivated in the social studies departments of academia.
Now Kevin doesn't give examples of feminism, post-modernism and cultural marxisms on academia that are part of this group, I have two problems in with vague attacks against the 'academia', which are *conspirational in nature. (The domination of 'this' or 'that' view in 'academia' without providing any logical support behind it).

1. Is that it is anti-intelectual in nature, bringing the debate to low heights granting the viewer of mass media the assurance of his views by the discourse that anything otherwise would be an attack on his position (attracting viewership in the case of the media).
2. It is beneficial to the political right to claim that there's a conspiracy against their views, even when they were against every progressive movement in recent history and then when they lose support from significant parts of society - like dominance in the academia, they claim to be persecuted. (For no reason at all, why doesn't the right dominate academic debates? It is not because they neglected it or lost the debate, except that they do in invest large amount of resources as in tatic number 1., actually it doesn't matter for tatic 1. to deny that they invest in it as it attracts viewship and creates discourse.)

On societies there's the people who are already integrated in the status quo, and the rising population. Being historically against the rising movements and then pretending to be the victim (when the outcome is not what you expected when you desire social relevance) is what I would expect from Woman, the feminine mind which doesn't know history or logical continuity (and in my opinion knows better the status quo), that - the feminine mind - is what the video is supposed to denounce. So am I missing something here or what? - Personally I never saw a rebutt of Solway to feminism, post-modernism, or marxism, for the matter. Here I would see any defense from ignorance on the subject as a neglect for the subject in question.

* The term conspiracy theory was spread by the CIA in an attempt to defame legitimate views, propaganda or so I heard.

** In the US for example the Republican Party represented this part of society not integrated in the status quo like immigrants and being against slavery on it's foundation and today of course it represents the status quo.
About woman issues the views would be represented as those for the liberated woman (in the work-force, etc) and for the regular house-wife (promoting familiar values and stuff). One question would be if one view is more feminine thus uncounscious than the other and which parts of society support the counscious or uncounscious view.
It seems that upon analisys the femine mind would have to be explained by something else, an uncounscious thing then would be explained by something which is not that same thing. Or maybe the feminine mind is an acceptable explanation for the feminine minds, which is a bit ironic.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzF_KmNedtw
GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Kevin Solway's The Feminine Mind - the bane of Gamergate

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

The feminine mind? Do they have a lot of estrogen or something?

Gamergate, what's that? Didn't watch the video, seemed hella boring to me, willful ignorance on my part. It's whatever.
Bobo wrote: Being historically against the rising movements and then pretending to be the victim (when the outcome is not what you expected when you desire social relevance) is what I would expect from Woman, the feminine mind which doesn't know history or logical continuity
are you a sexist or something?

I once knew a guy named Bobo. Said he was a robot. But I don't buy it.

That is, I only buy Japanese sexbots.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

After a quick glance of gamergate at wikipedia, I would summarize it as "an angry mob being accused of misogyny". And the contribution of Kevin Solway, as per video, to gamergate lies in his understanding that the mind is divided into consciousness and unconsciousness and associating it with masculinity and femininity. My criticism here is that much of thinking and influence comes from the academia, and also from the mass media and its think tanks. Saying that there's an "overt politization" from views that are "cultivated in the academia", hints to the idea that there is no thinking in the academia and that the academia is separated from the cultural life of the population. One can imagine a criticism of the climate change science as if it were "coming from extremists views that are cultivated in the academia". It's even the kind of discourse that can fall on any kind of philosophy, as thinking is more likely to come from few than many.

On the video Kevin Solway also says that "The first thing to be understood is that everyone has a feminine mind" and "It's really almost impossible for a rational person to understand that for the feminine mind there is no truth at all". If we take from it that everybody is unconscious, and that it is impossible for consciousness to understand uncounsciousness, then that very division falls flat (since everybody has a feminine mind, and there's no rational person), or the division may only come from an uncounscious mind itself (the feminine mind, not the masculine, understands the feminine mind, a rational person does not understand it).
GreatandWiseTrixie

Bobo wrote:After a quick glance of gamergate at wikipedia, I would summarize it as "an angry mob being accused of misogyny". And the contribution of Kevin Solway, as per video, to gamergate lies in his understanding that the mind is divided into consciousness and unconsciousness and associating it with masculinity and femininity. My criticism here is that much of thinking and influence comes from the academia, and also from the mass media and its think tanks. Saying that there's an "overt politization" from views that are "cultivated in the academia", hints to the idea that there is no thinking in the academia and that the academia is separated from the cultural life of the population. One can imagine a criticism of the climate change science as if it were "coming from extremists views that are cultivated in the academia". It's even the kind of discourse that can fall on any kind of philosophy, as thinking is more likely to come from few than many.

On the video Kevin Solway also says that "The first thing to be understood is that everyone has a feminine mind" and "It's really almost impossible for a rational person to understand that for the feminine mind there is no truth at all". If we take from it that everybody is unconscious, and that it is impossible for consciousness to understand uncounsciousness, then that very division falls flat (since everybody has a feminine mind, and there's no rational person), or the division may only come from an uncounscious mind itself (the feminine mind, not the masculine, understands the feminine mind, a rational person does not understand it).
Didn't answer my other question though...
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Society and biology puts more burden on women in the process of mating and reproduction. In a way that those are activities that hinder progress at large.

From where did you know that guy named bobo though? I saw another bobo the other day too : p.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Bobo wrote:Society and biology puts more burden on women in the process of mating and reproduction. In a way that those are activities that hinder progress at large.

From where did you know that guy named bobo though? I saw another bobo the other day too : p.
Long time ago in another realm. He was friends with someone named Zack, who liked to eat carrots.

Your first statement is highly debatable. Define burden. Define progress. Who's progress?
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

I would relate progress with the openess and accessibility of knowledge and the material resources needed for the production and dissemination of knowledge and goods. The monopolization of knowledge or material resources restricts the accessibility and dissemination, and works contrary to progress. Here's where I put mating and reproduction, looking from the side of knowledge it could be regarded to be an irrational activity, it's the major rationalization for monopolization. The burden lies on women being closer to reproduction than to production.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Bobo wrote:I would relate progress with the openess and accessibility of knowledge and the material resources needed for the production and dissemination of knowledge and goods. The monopolization of knowledge or material resources restricts the accessibility and dissemination, and works contrary to progress. Here's where I put mating and reproduction, looking from the side of knowledge it could be regarded to be an irrational activity, it's the major rationalization for monopolization. The burden lies on women being closer to reproduction than to production.
Not sure I follow. Your original statement was this
Bobo wrote:Being historically against the rising movements and then pretending to be the victim (when the outcome is not what you expected when you desire social relevance) is what I would expect from Woman, the feminine mind which doesn't know history or logical continuity
You say mating is an irrational activity, but it's men doing all of the mating. Women don't flirt with men hardly ever.
You say women are closer to reproduction than production. If they are close to reproduction, that means they have to be teachers, mothers. Lots of time spent at home reading and educating themselves and their children. While men are out doing "production" and talking about beer and sports.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

I would say that most 'production' is a form of reproduction, not production, taking something that exists and increasing its avaliability, like making a house for example. Over time the value of 'production' diminishes by the amount of production. If you have a greater supply of houses than before the overall value of houses goes down. Now if instead of producing you can monopolize houses, diminish production, the values of the houses will go up. So someone can profit by doing the opposite of production, diminishing production you can increase the value of the ownership of houses.

Now, production is not only increasing the availability something (that diminishes the amount of profit of owning). New forms of production diminishes even the value of the production of a product like a house. It puts any form of progress as something that goes against ownership and profit. But in matters of mating and reproduction the value of exchange is the amount of ownership, profit and monopolization which is then traded by other forms of production as wealth and goods. When mating and reproduction requires wealth and goods for the offspring, it goes against the goal of progress that diminishes the value of such wealth and goods. Monopolization of wealth and goods increase reproduction for profit (reproduction is profitable only when there's no progress) and it is against progress. As progress diminishes the value of reproduction and owning and increase the value of humanity as a whole. You can profit by reproduction being against progress, or profit by progress which works against reproduction.

The male and female seeking reproduction regards progress as something contrary their own interest.
GreatandWiseTrixie

It's been a while since this topic reared it's ugly head but don't worry, I have plenty more ugliness to add to this wonderful cacophony of ugliness we call the human race.

I think the next stage of positive evolution is hermaphrodism. And I'm not just parroting a youtube documentary that agrees with me. Some documentaries say over time the human race brain is getting smaller. They call this "evolution", because the speed of our thoughts are becoming "faster".

You heard that right. Our brains have shrunk since 10,000 years ago, and they call this "evolution".

Why have they shrunk it's quite simple. Routine murder of the indigenous people, persecution of anti-social types, and the stupidest sectors of the population breeding like rabbits.

As much as I hate women I would be foolish to believe in the light of man. It's just delusion, really. Testosterone perverts intelligent thought. It gives you drive to be aggressive, play sports, do meaningless activities, propagate like a rabbit etc. Testosterone does not promote deep thought, not even a little bit. What it does do is give someone the drive to create inventions.

I think the confusion arises when old men, who surround themselves with ignorant cunts go through life saying "My, what a bunch of ignorant cunts!" Then, once they begin to grow older, their testosterone levels sharply decline, and their estrogen rises, and then they say! I am a wise old man! Therefore, MEN are the light of the universe! When what really happened, is they underwent a female type hormonal shift.

Now I know none of you are fools, and it is clear to see that there is a trend of women just being a bunch of dumb cunts with nothing really interesting to say, just stand up on TV running their mouths. There are an equal amount of men who act just as cunty, but the masculine equivalent, "jockdom". They deserve to die also. But allow me to explain why the female cunts act the way they do. .

Once a girl goes through puberty, she becomes a woman. As a woman, her mind alters. Estrogen is a kind of high like THC from maryjane. It makes you happy, smiley, and laugh-y. But it is a steady stream, you develop a tolerance. After a while, it becomes like Joker toxin, and it starts to make you act in insane manners. Well we all know how crazy women act. After puberty they all become paranoid and schizophrenic. This is why more males are diagnosed with schizophrenia, because women are just *expected* to be schizophrenic as part of the normal female behavoir. Highly delusional, quick to judge, and afraid of everyone, not just men but other females. You could argue that "well, 1 out of 6 women get raped" and I can see the logic of why you justify their paranoia. But it's really not why. If no women ever got raped, she would replace her fear with some other thing, like death or something. In a perfect world with no pain or death...She would just go completely insane. Which is why so many women are evil Satan Worshippers and embrace pain and death. However, this doesn't explain some women's complete selfish, cunty behavoir towards both men and women. Some women are such cunts they would leave you for dead at a hospital, when just a few days ago they pretended to be your "best friend." You can blame it on them having multiple personalities, but that's just not it. What happened is this, at first Estrogen made them in to nice, caring and loving people. But then they grew a tolerance, turned into nasty, psychopathic selfish monsters who only care about the wellbeing of themselves and green pieces of paper, fueled by paranoid "you're nothing but an object to be used and discarded". On the other extreme, women who don't turn into monsters become pacifistic idiotics, either singing kumbaya to themselves while their friends die overseas, or just turning into submissive and brainwashed slaves, believing in trends, basing their moral views with whatever's trending on twitter, so afraid of public shame and ridicule that they keep all original thought to themselves, hiding their talents and genius in the sand to avoid embarrassment.

Men are bad in their own way, they also treat women like objects to be used and discarded. As a teen I would see men playing basketball and other sports and say to myself, what a bunch of animals. It made me uncomfortable being around them, just a bunch of loudmouth hedons who only talk about trite nonsense, and they are so competitive it's really intimidating. But as far as conversation goes, men are significantly more boring. Until a man reaches middle age, then he becomes interesting to talk to. Because a woman can talk about the most trite nonsense but with a sing-song voice and a bit of witchcraft so she can make her turd look like gold. It's true, both genders worship money and the "good life". How laughable. So who do I hate more, men or women?

All I can say is why doesn't someone push the big red button so we can start with a clean plate. That's true genius. Leonardo, Einstein, Tesla, The Joker, all half-assed, wishy washy, not even understanding why they do what they do.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:IEstrogen is a kind of high like THC from maryjane. It makes you happy, smiley, and laugh-y. But it is a steady stream, you develop a tolerance. After a while, it becomes like Joker toxin, and it starts to make you act in insane manners. Well we all know how crazy women act. After puberty they all become paranoid and schizophrenic.
Not sure about the happy fest. Perhaps it's the smiling of a large ape.... (often not a good sign if you happen to meet one).

Estrogen link in male aggression
  • For the first time, researchers have identified networks of nerve cells in the brain that are associated with how male mice defend their territory and have shown that these cells are controlled by the female hormone estrogen.
And about oxytocin a similar dual usage, indicating love and aggression are not separated at the chemical level either:

Love Hormone Could Also Lead to War
  • Oxytocin has received much attention for boosting social bonding and cooperation, but it also appears to trigger defensive aggression against outsiders who might threaten an individual's social group, psychologists say.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:IEstrogen is a kind of high like THC from maryjane. It makes you happy, smiley, and laugh-y. But it is a steady stream, you develop a tolerance. After a while, it becomes like Joker toxin, and it starts to make you act in insane manners. Well we all know how crazy women act. After puberty they all become paranoid and schizophrenic.
Not sure about the happy fest. Perhaps it's the smiling of a large ape.... (often not a good sign if you happen to meet one).

Estrogen link in male aggression
  • For the first time, researchers have identified networks of nerve cells in the brain that are associated with how male mice defend their territory and have shown that these cells are controlled by the female hormone estrogen.
And about oxytocin a similar dual usage, indicating love and aggression are not separated at the chemical level either:

Love Hormone Could Also Lead to War
  • Oxytocin has received much attention for boosting social bonding and cooperation, but it also appears to trigger defensive aggression against outsiders who might threaten an individual's social group, psychologists say.
In addition, having your happiness suddenly shattered can lead to increased mood swings and violent behavior.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

In mating and other activities it does not matter if the resources comes from knowledge or the use of force, for example. Resources can be obtained and managed rationaly or irrationaly. The monopolization of resources will increase someones chances of sucess in mating and reproduction, to the point that men and women seeking it will decrease rationality and the progress of humans in general. One could put it loosely that men will use irrational means to get resources to mate with women that will selfishly make rationalizations for it.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Bobo wrote:In mating and other activities it does not matter if the resources comes from knowledge or the use of force, for example. Resources can be obtained and managed rationaly or irrationaly. The monopolization of resources will increase someones chances of sucess in mating and reproduction, to the point that men and women seeking it will decrease rationality and the progress of humans in general. One could put it loosely that men will use irrational means to get resources to mate with women that will selfishly make rationalizations for it.
Yep.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

So I was under impression that some claims were conspirational and it seems that there's a conspiracy theory on the issue:
  • A notable 21st century conspiracy theory regards the Frankfurt School as the origin of a contemporary movement in the political left to subvert traditional western cultural norms, referred to as "Cultural Marxism" by theory proponents.

"...spawned a number of condensed textual versions, which were reproduced on a number of radical right-wing sites. These in turn led to a welter of new videos now available on You Tube, which feature an odd cast of pseudo-experts regurgitating exactly the same line. The message is numbingly simplistic: all the ills of modern American culture, from feminism, affirmative action, sexual liberation and gay rights to the decay of traditional education and even environmentalism are ultimately attributable to the insidious influence of the members of the Institute for Social Research who came to America in the 1930's. The origins of "cultural Marxism" are traced back to Lukács and Gramsci, but because they were not actual émigrés, their role in the narrative is not as prominent."

Philosopher and Political Science Lecturer Jérôme Jamin has stated "Next to the global dimension of the Cultural Marxism conspiracy theory, there is its innovative and original dimension, which lets its authors avoid racist discourses and pretend to be defenders of democracy."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_ ... acy_theory
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

One need only understand Marx's fundamental observations in order to understand that vultural Marxism has nothing to do with Marx's thinking.

From The German Ideology:

In direct contrast to German philosophy which descends from heaven to earth, here we ascend from earth to heaven. That is to say, we do not set out from what men say, imagine, conceive, nor from men as narrated, thought of, imagined, conceived, in order to arrive at men in the flesh. We set out from real, active men, and on the basis of their real life-process we demonstrate the development of the ideological reflexes and echoes of this life-process. The phantoms formed in the human brain are also, necessarily, sublimates of their material life-process, which is empirically verifiable and bound to material premises. Morality, religion, metaphysics, all the rest of ideology and their corresponding forms of consciousness, thus no longer retain the semblance of independence. They have no history, no development; but men, developing their material production and their material intercourse, alter, along with this their real existence, their thinking and the products of their thinking. Life is not determined by consciousness, but consciousness by life. In the first method of approach the starting-point is consciousness taken as the living individual; in the second method, which conforms to real life, it is the real living individuals themselves, and consciousness is considered solely as their consciousness.
Between Suicides
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Naturally, it's a misnomer on the order of ascribing to Nietzsche the philosophic essence of Nazi ideology.
Between Suicides