Positive and Negative Service

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
divine focus

Positive and Negative Service

Post by divine focus »

There are two manners of being in the world. You may choose to be doing one or the other, or both at the same time. The negative pole of service (work, effortless or hard) is feminine, not bad in any way. It involves "being done" in the sense of being worked by an internal driver. You do what you need to do. The positive pole of service is masculine in that you feel you are doing based on wanting to do. In other words, you do what you want, but you are not deciding what you want. Neither pole involves deciding what you want; that is decided by your essence. The masculine pole involves being led by an unknown source outside and around you, call it essence or the universe or God. When you trust completely with the masculine pole, your self fills your awareness. When you trust self with the negative pole, you notice a change in your heart.

Being in service in the way I'm talking about is a way of being. It's all automatic in the sense that essence does it all. It is effortless or seemingly hard depending on your level of trust of self. Both forms of service involve helping others and doing work for yourself. Do what you want or what you need to do, or a combination if you prefer.
eliasforum.org/digests.html
Pam Seeback

Re: Positive and Negative Service

Post by Pam Seeback »

Going deeper into the logic of metaphysics: Since there is only essence the only difference between positive and negative is between essence that is aware it is infinite in nature (wisdom of Self, no trust required) and essence that is unaware it is infinite in nature (ignorance of Self, trust required).

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Too far out, man.
Don't run to your death
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Indeed.
ardy

Post by ardy »

divine focus wrote:There are two manners of being in the world. You may choose to be doing one or the other, or both at the same time. The negative pole of service (work, effortless or hard) is feminine, not bad in any way. It involves "being done" in the sense of being worked by an internal driver. You do what you need to do. The positive pole of service is masculine in that you feel you are doing based on wanting to do. In other words, you do what you want, but you are not deciding what you want. Neither pole involves deciding what you want; that is decided by your essence. The masculine pole involves being led by an unknown source outside and around you, call it essence or the universe or God. When you trust completely with the masculine pole, your self fills your awareness. When you trust self with the negative pole, you notice a change in your heart.

Being in service in the way I'm talking about is a way of being. It's all automatic in the sense that essence does it all. It is effortless or seemingly hard depending on your level of trust of self. Both forms of service involve helping others and doing work for yourself. Do what you want or what you need to do, or a combination if you prefer.
I don't think that there is positive and negative service. It is just service and its essential to herding animals like us. Why a huge number of people seem to think they are leaders when they struggle to serve others in the herd is amazing. I have noticed that giving the leader role to someone who asks for it, normally entails failure.

Went to a leadership course many years ago whilst working in management. It was a shock to find out how bad the majority of management were at leadership (myself included). Few are capable of being true leaders but the majority if they drop their stupid ideas about themselves would enjoy a life of service.
ConnieKeefe

Post by ConnieKeefe »

The birth of you is where you are right now in your thoughts. For this reason your interest only in the death is a futile activity. Because your births of "thinking me" are your births and only your births, they can only be legitimate.