Kevin Solway, the 719-th Buddha is you!

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
huzheng_001

Kevin Solway, the 719-th Buddha is you!

Post by huzheng_001 »

The"Intenligent have no equal" Buddha!
GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Kevin Solway, the 719-th Buddha is you!

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

wut.

Care to elaborate?
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Kevin Solway, the 719-th Buddha is you!

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Very unlikely. he seems to visit once in a few years.

All I know is that it's claimed that each "kalpa" (period of time between the creation and recreation of a world or universe) has a 1000 Buddhas. But I'm not sure who is doing the counting. And I've seen the kalpa being defined somewhere as millions of years*.

As an aside, Huzheng has some material written you could check at the forum and in PDF form, for example Genius Philosophy. Haven't read itmyself though, the translation from Chinese seems to leave too much to desire.

• * One Mahakalpa (Great Kalpa) is subdivided into four Asankhyeya-Kalpas (or simply called Kalpas):

Kalpa of formation (Vivarta)
    Kalpa of existence (Vivatasiddha)
    Kalpa of destruction (Samvarta)
    Kalpa of emptiness (Samvartasiddha)

Each of the four Kalpas is subdivided into twenty Antarakalpa (Small Kalpa), so that a Mahakalpa consists of 80 Antarakalpa.

Each Small Kalpa is divided into a period of increasing and decreasing. In the increasing period, the length of human life increases by one year every century to 84,000 years and the length of the human body to 8,400 ft. Then it comes to the decreasing period, during which the length of human life decreases gradually to the ten years and the human body to 1 foot in height. There are other distinctions of the Kalpas. A Small Kalpa is represented as 16,800,000 years, a Kalpa as 336,000,000 years and a Mahakalpha as 1,334,000,000 years.

--source