Fulfilling all prophecies

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Re: Fulfilling all prophecies

Post by Pam Seeback »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
movingalways wrote:
Trixie wrote: Dying is the ultimate purpose of life...non-existence...We love the feeling of non-existence, it is our favorite feeling...just being in the moment, not thinking...Idiocy and ignorance drives this world.
Thinking that thought reflects truth is the ignorance that drives this world. When one becomes wise to the true nature of thought, that is but a fleeting grasp of an imagined objective reality, they do not stop thinking, this is impossible, instead they know that their fleeting grasp is imagined and rest in this knowledge.

At first this allowing of the imagined grasp seems a betrayal of the truth, "thought is not reality, I want to be real, ergo, I must stop thinking" but in time, one comes to realize that their human sentient world cannot be managed without thought. There is a biblical scripture that refers to this resting in truth and illusion both: "I (truth of emptiness/spirit) am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in (into no-thought) and out (into thought), and find pasture." For me, there came a time when not only could I return to the illusory world of reasoning but also to the illusory world of feeling with the difference being that now I could enjoy them because they are a fleeting experience.
I don't think it is impossible to stop thinking. Theoretically, since all that is needed to exist is to feel, one could exist without any thought at all. (Theoretically.)
You won't know until you test your theory, the mark of a true seeker.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Cahoot wrote:Ask and it shall be given.

So true. It happens every time.

And when you know what you are asking, you know what you are being given.
Then I ask the world to stop eating meat. Unfortunately they censor me.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Easy enough. Soon enough every living thing that eats meat, and eats anything else, will stop eating. I’ve seen it happen, and inference strongly indicates that it happens to all. Be patient, what you ask will be given, most likely too soon, as it's too soon for most.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:Easy enough. Soon enough every living thing that eats meat, and eats anything else, will stop eating. I’ve seen it happen, and inference strongly indicates that it happens to all. Be patient, what you ask will be given, most likely too soon, as it's too soon for most.
You mean death? But there is no sterility, so how does that solve anything? Given the state of society, people are just getting dumber and more apathetic, even other vegans are fighting each other and dragging each other down.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

What is solved is the arbitrary problem that your imagination has created for you, a world in which meat eating is wrong. You ask for this world beyond your senses, that exists in your mind, to stop eating meat. It will.

Assertions backed by reasoning are so … reasonable. Don’t you think?

Don’t let him fool you. Einstein knew the forces he was unleashing.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

What did the philosopher chicken say to his feathered friends? He said, since our destiny to be food is the reason for our very existence, is it better to have existed with all we know of life, or better to have never existed at all? If this philosopher chicken, most likely a rooster striving for the natural purpose of living, opts for existence, then we can say that those who made his life possible in the first place, the meat eaters, are doing nothing more than the natural, elemental balancing act of life feeding life, set to the timetable of crowing roosters and perhaps, a few clucking chickens not overcome with regret that what they thought should be, was not.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:What is solved is the arbitrary problem that your imagination has created for you, a world in which meat eating is wrong. You ask for this world beyond your senses, that exists in your mind, to stop eating meat. It will.

Assertions backed by reasoning are so … reasonable. Don’t you think?

Don’t let him fool you. Einstein knew the forces he was unleashing.
I too pondered on this. But I remember as a child when I first learned the horrifying truths of the meat industry. I tried to force it out of my mind, like rape. I do not think we want to be raped. Deep down, I don't think our subconscious desires us to go to Vietnam. I think there are other powerful forces, human forces, out there with their own minds and desires, interfering, controlling, sabotaging our own desires and imaginations.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Deep down, I don't think our subconscious desires us to go to Vietnam. I think there are other powerful forces, human forces, out there with their own minds and desires, interfering, controlling, sabotaging our own desires and imaginations.
Or perhaps "Life, a freak thing" was pulling these strings. War is a ritual game, like a circus. It even has freaks. And human sacrifice! These are the forces which seem to have always ruled human, industrial society. Industrial animal sacrifice and ritual consumption at "diner" and burger temples as simulation.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

You can spend your entire life struggling against saboteurs who, because of their actions, are perceived to be despots, tyrants, and propagandists, but that does not have to be a problem. Perpetually explaining the reasons for the struggling naturally turns towards off when you realize until acceptance, which means acceptance with kindness and understanding, that as a rule, people care far more for their own reasons, than yours. Anyone who forgets this, which is easy to do, begins to lose touch with rationality, e.g., Mike Tyson was probably an intellectual giant and unerringly brilliant, until the money ran out. The reconnect can be jarring, like the first step off the mountain top.

“If you don’t even start, you’ll probably be better off.” –Trungpa Rinpoche
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:You can spend your entire life struggling against saboteurs who, because of their actions, are perceived to be despots, tyrants, and propagandists, but that does not have to be a problem. Perpetually explaining the reasons for the struggling naturally turns towards off when you realize until acceptance, which means acceptance with kindness and understanding, that as a rule, people care far more for their own reasons, than yours. Anyone who forgets this, which is easy to do, begins to lose touch with rationality, e.g., Mike Tyson was probably an intellectual giant and unerringly brilliant, until the money ran out. The reconnect can be jarring, like the first step off the mountain top.

“If you don’t even start, you’ll probably be better off.” –Trungpa Rinpoche
Well like Deibert sad it's all just a ritualized circus. It's all an act, so why not "act" kind to them every now and then?
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

No premeditation required

Ahimsa becomes a necessary and thus choiceless act. And why would ahimsa become necessary? Not for philosophical reasons, but for survival.

In a newly awakened sensitivity, the disharmony, imbalance, and suffering that is seen in people quickly becomes internalized. Without protective buffers the only thing that can ease uncontrollable personal physical distress is for the world to be in balance. Finding this balance, by easing suffering right now, immediately, becomes the reason to move.

Since the need to ease suffering through balance is immediate and survival oriented, to ease the personal distress caused by heightened awareness and sensitivity, such people step into the immediacy of easing suffering through seemingly irrational acts such as giving away personal possessions that are accumulating dust, and being generous with the world in other ways. Kindness is a method of generosity, of moving in balance among the forces of the world, for this causes less physical distress to the hypersensitive mover, who in another culture more attuned to such things would probably be in a cave, integrating loss of ego with stillness of mind.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:No premeditation required

Ahimsa becomes a necessary and thus choiceless act. And why would ahimsa become necessary? Not for philosophical reasons, but for survival.

In a newly awakened sensitivity, the disharmony, imbalance, and suffering that is seen in people quickly becomes internalized. Without protective buffers the only thing that can ease uncontrollable personal physical distress is for the world to be in balance. Finding this balance, by easing suffering right now, immediately, becomes the reason to move.

Since the need to ease suffering through balance is immediate and survival oriented, to ease the personal distress caused by heightened awareness and sensitivity, such people step into the immediacy of easing suffering through seemingly irrational acts such as giving away personal possessions that are accumulating dust, and being generous with the world in other ways. Kindness is a method of generosity, of moving in balance among the forces of the world, for this causes less physical distress to the hypersensitive mover, who in another culture more attuned to such things would probably be in a cave, integrating loss of ego with stillness of mind.
They did a study that shows morality is not emotionally based. Meat eater's act on instinct, I do not. Meat eaters probably seem like more compassionate people on the outside (since I am for all intents and purposes, a psychopath.) The only instinct that controls me are a few monkey ones, almost to the point of pain, but hey what about Yoda? And Yoda rhymes with Yoga. As far as Ahimsa, that's more of Ghandi's bit, and we all know he was a racist. As for Ahimsa, The bible says Jesus is going to come down and kill everyone. Maybe I read it wrong.