Most Logical After Death Scenario

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cahoot

Re: Most Logical After Death Scenario

Post by Cahoot »

The consciousness is not mine? Whose is it then?
Only one consciousness, is.

Access to that consciousness is limited by the capacity of a particular incarnation.

A particular incarnation's capacity is limited by obscurations.

A particular animal may have less capacity than a human to access the one consciousness, however because it may also have fewer obscurations to the one consciousness than a particular human, it may access more consciousness with its limited capacity, than a human with less limited yet obscured capacity, can access.

Which is why, if your head is filled with delusion, the bear will getcha.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Cahoot wrote:
That's like saying: only One Ego, is.

And one inflated and stretched out to fill and represent the whole imaginable universe. Luckily people like me stand ready to puncture that clever balloon.
Access to that consciousness is limited by the capacity of a particular incarnation.
You're the only one accessing your "special place" because the universe is too hard possibly.
Any awareness is limited by definition. Beyond that: zip.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Cahoot wrote:
That's like saying: only One Ego, is.

And one inflated and stretched out to fill and represent the whole imaginable universe. Luckily people like me stand ready to puncture that clever balloon.
You're the only one accessing your "special place" because the universe is too hard possibly.
Any awareness is limited by definition. Beyond that: zip.
You merely project your incomprehension upon reality, oh power-crazed snarker.

One transmission, many receivers receiving the one transmission in a finite number of ways, some with egocentric filters. One consciousness, non-duality. Many discriminating egos, duality. From flagellates to man and in between, all dance to the same beat of life.
Diebert van Rhijn

Cahoot wrote:You merely project your incomprehension upon reality, oh power-crazed snarker.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, snap!

It seems wiser to admit to imcomprehension when it comes to reality than talking about "accessing" the One Concisouness which Rules them All.
One transmission, many receivers receiving the one transmission in a finite number of ways, some with egocentric filters. One consciousness, non-duality. Many discriminating egos, duality. From flagellates to man and in between, all dance to the same beat of life.
"This is not a dream... not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year one, nine, nine, nine. You are receiving this broadcast in order to alter the events you are seeing. Our technology has not developed a transmitter strong enough to reach your conscious state of awareness, but this is not a dream. You are seeing what is actually occurring for the purpose of causality violation. " -- Prince of Darkness (1987, John Carpenter movie)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Cahoot wrote:One consciousness, non-duality.
This is false because unconsciousness exists, and is the cause of consciousness. The two of them together make up the non-dual. Duality is inside non-duality itself.
Many discriminating egos, duality. From flagellates to man and in between, all dance to the same beat of life.
I'm grooving like a mofo right now. Oh look, here are some daisies I found in a daisy field that just got conjured up out of nothing when the madhyam note of my kumbaya chant harmonised with some sex vibes that happened to be floating by. Now I'm going to stick these between my teeth and perform optimistic cunnilingus on a whoopy cushion.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Snark, you seem to oft create personal affirmations of deluded perception. How soon you slide into this curse of power. However, feel free to continue the babble of incomprehension. The Snark says snap and on illustrative cue, the hysterical Dirge freaks into an awkward St. Vitus dance. The arrogance of privilege, if it only conferred an access clearer than word games.

Lest poor ego shrivel, know that just as removing a physical limb does not subtract from non-duality of being, likewise non-duality is not comprised of conceptual parts. And, you’ll find that under these conditions there is no customer service or servant obligation, but rather just an occasional inclination to merry-go-round with a manifested clown, or even two.

Conceptual mind is a head speaking to see.
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:It's close enough. What I'm still trying to get more clear, if possible, is that "in-the-moment" intuitive reasoning. It seems more than just about one's "place" in nature. Although certainly that's its foundation while at the same time it seems way broader and wilder than just that. But it cannot be just another form of speaking in metaphors and myths, not even using "direct language" whatever that is. Soon I'll start a topic approaching this from another angle.
The intuitive reasoning you're talking about is a communication from the subjective. It's completely sourced in your individual self. The subjective actually operates your left-brain, logical reasoning as well. Also, it "embodies" all of your understanding, meaning that it is essential and actually the substance of your understanding. More intuition becomes available as you trust yourself/release control.

There are three levels or stages of trust, although it is possible to skip levels. In the first, life suddenly has a sense of direction (like you're getting somewhere). In the level of full trust, your attention is entirely involved with yourself primarily. Basically, you fill your attention with yourself, and all control is released. It seems like all activity is sourced in something abiding in the present moment (check the Enneagram Holy Idea of Holy Harmony for more description). That something, of course, is the subjective aspect of your individual self, which has many names (buddha-nature, essence, Being, the Tao, Brahman, God, the subject, non-physical, spirit, etc.).
eliasforum.org/digests.html
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Cahoot wrote: Only one consciousness, is.

For anyone who had a problem with this statement, I'm sure Cahoot would agree that the sentence "Only one reality, is", has exactly the same meaning.

There is no difference between reality and that which is (experienced. The existence, or being, you know each day)

How many times does it have to be said?
You are not bound by any self-substance, you have no lasting identity or form. You are Reality itself :)
Diebert van Rhijn

SeekerofWisdom wrote:problem with this statement, I'm sure Cahoot would agree that the sentence "Only one reality, is", has exactly the same meaning.
It doesn't and trying to make it so is a manifestation of blurring out a distinction which has consequences (for clear thoughts on the topic).
There is no difference between reality and that which is (experienced. The existence, or being, you know each day)
What is being experienced is emptiness, not any "reality". Otherwise a dream would be reality and nonsense could be called truth.

Truth is what is according to reality and if reality is "whatever is experienced", everything becomes true, even false. Here is a cushy bed for ignorance to breed!
How many times does it have to be said?
The words will not convince at this stage of course. You'll have to grow tired and unfulfilled first. Perhaps boredom is a good start, you know!
You are not bound by any self-substance, you have no lasting identity or form. You are Reality itself :)
Nothing has lasting identity and form. But could "you are reality itself" suddenly change into "you are not reality"?
Diebert van Rhijn

divine focus wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:It's close enough. What I'm still trying to get more clear, if possible, is that "in-the-moment" intuitive reasoning. It seems more than just about one's "place" in nature. Although certainly that's its foundation while at the same time it seems way broader and wilder than just that. But it cannot be just another form of speaking in metaphors and myths, not even using "direct language" whatever that is. Soon I'll start a topic approaching this from another angle.
The intuitive reasoning you're talking about is a communication from the subjective. It's completely sourced in your individual self. The subjective actually operates your left-brain, logical reasoning as well. Also, it "embodies" all of your understanding, meaning that it is essential and actually the substance of your understanding. More intuition becomes available as you trust yourself/release control.

There are three levels or stages of trust, although it is possible to skip levels. In the first, life suddenly has a sense of direction (like you're getting somewhere). In the level of full trust, your attention is entirely involved with yourself primarily. Basically, you fill your attention with yourself, and all control is released. It seems like all activity is sourced in something abiding in the present moment (check the Enneagram Holy Idea of Holy Harmony for more description). That something, of course, is the subjective aspect of your individual self, which has many names (buddha-nature, essence, Being, the Tao, Brahman, God, the subject, non-physical, spirit, etc.).
Why don't you start a topic on it? It seems you have many ideas there going on. The trust and release factors I'm familiar with (learned that already in my younger years). But I think it might be possible to become a bit more original and enticing in the descriptions here. Mixing together God, spirit and the subject doesn't seem to advance the topic at all. To me it's more like muddying it. You have to understand I'm a bit more demanding here and have delved already quite long in this material and the consequences in life. This is the Genius Forum (ha!) so no need to summarize popular spiritual theories or books. It's important to start bringing it down to way more existential and clear exposition. That's my plan at least.
Diebert van Rhijn

Cahoot wrote:Snark, you seem to oft create personal affirmations of deluded perception. How soon you slide into this curse of power. However, feel free to continue the babble of incomprehension. The Snark says snap and on illustrative cue, the hysterical Dirge freaks into an awkward St. Vitus dance. The arrogance of privilege, if it only conferred an access clearer than word games.

Lest poor ego shrivel, know that just as removing a physical limb does not subtract from non-duality of being, likewise non-duality is not comprised of conceptual parts. And, you’ll find that under these conditions there is no customer service or servant obligation, but rather just an occasional inclination to merry-go-round with a manifested clown, or even two.

Conceptual mind is a head speaking to see.
Typical "poor ego drivel" indeed. You'll have to do better or otherwise, unless someone can convince me that you're actually making sense to them, you're starting to approach category "spam" or the category "needs medication". And I do warn that repetitive usage of typical feminine snideness like "snark", "deluded", "babble, "arrogance", "word games" and such will not be seen as a will toward constructive communication unless there's some beef served with it.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
Cahoot wrote: Only one consciousness, is.

For anyone who had a problem with this statement, I'm sure Cahoot would agree that the sentence "Only one reality, is", has exactly the same meaning.
Despite the resulting spaghetti salad of personal causal associations and meanings attempting to muddy, you're essentially correct. ;)

I'm warrnninngg youuuu .... (haw haw).

Lighten up, boss. Don't let the touched nerve truth go to your head.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

SeekerofWisdom wrote:
problem with this statement, I'm sure Cahoot would agree that the sentence "Only one reality, is", has exactly the same meaning.
Diebert wrote:
It doesn't and trying to make it so is a manifestation of blurring out a distinction which has consequences (for clear thoughts on the topic).
It seems as if consciousness is imbued with an inherent desire to analyze its things with "another", even when it knows no such other actually exists. Apparently "one" is an unworkable idea. Does anyone know if there is a philosophy for what I just described? The closest I have come so far is "dialectical monism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_monism
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

What is it with this forum and you new age hippy twits? I suggest you redirect your innovative literary efforts to a sci-fi/fantasy forum where it may potentially receive widespread acclaim.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Myopic and unsolicited advice from the dead forum of Snore Productions, ordering the world in a special, private way. zzzzz. I demand a refund. Oh wait, it was free advice, thus the worth reveals.

Only logical for such to spread the benedictions of personally perceived aspersions, gasping from the death of creativity that never was.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Not sure why I wrote anything in the first place.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: What is being experienced is emptiness, not any "reality".
When it's much easier to just quote.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Glostik91 wrote: The idea that things cause each other is ultimately ironic.
Yes, it is the ironic quality of all things. Causality can be said to exist, like change can be said to happen. By definition really. But any specific effect or "thing" remains fundamentally ambiguous and therefore ultimately ironic when rendered. Baudrillard already remarked in his hyper-ironic language (which tends to happen when when philosophizing about objects): "From the moment they pass through medium or image ... objects exert an artificial and ironic function by their very existence". Or even bolder: "It is not desire that we cannot escape, but the ironic presence of the object, its indifference, and its indifferent interconnections, its challenge, its seduction, its violation of the symbolic order".
After a little study of Baudrillard, I have to critique what he said. Did he think that we can escape desire but not the irony in logic?

What's the difference between feeling this odd sense of irony, and desiring to rectify it? It seems like he is suggesting we should just let a small rock stay in our shoe and irritate our feet. We can choose to not desire to take the rock out, but we can't escape its sting. If this metaphor is accurate then there is definitely an irony in it as well. It reminds me of 'The Secret.' haha Just imagine it, and desire it, and its yours! Or in other words just imagine it, and desire it, and it'll be gone!

Or is it more like this?
We put on a stoic face, shove the self disgrace and shame in our pocket, put our heads down and except the raw deal fate handed us.
My point was more that the leper will usually, by regular body checks, deduce such a hammering did occur at some point and make sure it's taken care of. The event lies in his past but it seems hard to contest that reality. One could see this as no different than any signal of pain, just slower and involving more (complex) deliberation. It's the same with our whole construction of reality: many signals, deductions, filtering going on and they all together create some more or less coherent image: our organic world view. One strong signal really cannot be "real" just by itself, like one rusty nail does not present "table".
If we're talking about a leper making after the fact deductions, I don't think deductions need to take place. If a leper looks at his toe, and it's smashed, its obvious that the toe is smashed, but what's not obvious is the implement used. The reasoning that it was a blunt object is inductive. Getting it taken care of would fall into inductive reasoning as well. For example I know this doctor is good based on such and such criteria.

An interesting question is, does reasoning have the ability to be deductive without inductive? And vice-versa? I'm not trying to lead you on here. This is a genuinely spontaneous question.
A good question and goes to the heart of philosophizing. But if you mean "knowledge", it's called epistemology. Truth appears to work inside a context, like something being "in accordance with reality", meaning that we have now defined something called reality as background "truth maker". If the context of the absolute (of constance, unmoving), absolute truths are nothing but truths in accordance with that "constant" nature.
Its interesting we have to have some sort of 'given.' Whether its 'reality' or 'absolute truth' or whatever. If I ask you, 'What is absolute truth?' Can I respond in saying I reject your notion of 'absolute truth?'

You mean which other self-consciousness can I introduce to own it? How could that ever answer the deeper question here? This is not an attempt to avoid the answer though but it needs probably another context to make more sense.
Its interesting you assume I think that some other consciousness needs to be introduced in order to have possession of a consciousness. Can things besides consciousness obtain some sort of ownership?

My basic idea is to point out the oddity that we all feel fine saying, I have a body, I have a mind, I have a soul, etc, but what is it that has these things? And why does thinking about who owns these things feel odd?

I've been thinking about what happens after death, and I have a hypothesis. Could it be that death results in a new randomizing of everything possible? If anything is possible given enough time, and seeing as the passage of time won't be of any significance to me, it would seem as if anything is possible after death. What happens to me is that I will be thrown into a new randomization in the truest sense of the word. Sort of like shuffling a deck of cards after a hand of solitaire or something.
a gutter rat looking at stars
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Not sure why I wrote anything in the first place.
Indeed, why bother in the light of cost benefit, when defining the ratio of expenditure to return. Experience is, and then it is not. Does the same apply to you?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Elaborate?
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Experience comes and goes from where it is.

Aren’t you always where you are?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Removing the "where",
Experience comes and goes.
Aren't you always?
Yes, formless.

Why is it that those who are so accustomed with holding to their (admittedly impermanent) identity aren't immediately drawn to the idea of the timeless self? Seems as if they should love it.
Static perspectives burned/ ingrained since childhood as you said, maybe.
Diebert van Rhijn

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote: What is being experienced is emptiness, not any "reality".
When it's much easier to just quote.
It's like realizing everything is still grains of sand when building sand castles or contemplating building ones house on the rock instead of the shifting sands.
Diebert van Rhijn

Glostik91 wrote: Did he think that we can escape desire but not the irony in logic?
It's about the irony of objective existence, at the one hand it's the one thing that's left when you strip the "rest" away, a kind of rock bottom hard reality of senses and science, but at the other hand that same reality disappears because of lack of meaning and metaphysical systems of interrelation and interpretation. The "naked" reality becoming the most unreal. There's the irony! Not in logic as such but in truth finding I suppose.
What's the difference between feeling this odd sense of irony, and desiring to rectify it?
The irony seems to lie in the desire to rectify it while causing the odd sense, that whole situation, by that very act.
If we're talking about a leper making after the fact deductions, I don't think deductions need to take place. If a leper looks at his toe, and it's smashed, its obvious that the toe is smashed, but what's not obvious is the implement used.
The point is that you have no way to claim more reality in your direct sense of painfully stubbing over any deduction or implication of such event. Its reality is shaped by the context and its consequences, it's a larger framework where meaning and actions operate. All we're really having here is causality. Which was my point.

Its interesting you assume I think that some other consciousness needs to be introduced in order to have possession of a consciousness. Can things besides consciousness obtain some sort of ownership?
Well, you asked "whose is it". And perhaps, yes, an owning implies a "belonging to oneself or itself". It seems self-reflective. Anyway, at least it has to do with assigned rights, some distribution and the added responsibilities. At least it needs a conscious entity to declare the right and a conscious entity to subscribe to it ("knowingly"). Would it have meaning outside this? It would mean a small baby or animal would only have rights in as far a conscious person would assert them.
My basic idea is to point out the oddity that we all feel fine saying, I have a body, I have a mind, I have a soul, etc, but what is it that has these things? And why does thinking about who owns these things feel odd?
Ownership seems to be largely symbolical. Unless you limit it to a matter of filling up space (you own what you can fill up, or empty).
What happens to me is that I will be thrown into a new randomization in the truest sense of the word. Sort of like shuffling a deck of cards after a hand of solitaire or something.
It can be interesting to contemplate such things. Sometimes I imagine seeing many parts of myself randomly distributed in people, situations and events I witness. While it can be projection of course, I do think we're already randomly present in the sense you seem to talk about here. Gives a new meaning to the notion: you are not alone.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Glostik91 wrote: Did he think that we can escape desire but not the irony in logic?
It's about the irony of objective existence, at the one hand it's the one thing that's left when you strip the "rest" away, a kind of rock bottom hard reality of senses and science, but at the other hand that same reality disappears because of lack of meaning and metaphysical systems of interrelation and interpretation. The "naked" reality becoming the most unreal. There's the irony! Not in logic as such but in truth finding I suppose.

The irony seems to lie in the desire to rectify it while causing the odd sense, that whole situation, by that very act.
The sting of existential irony = desire to make sense of it. Just like when my stomach aches in desire of food.

Saying the irony lies in the desire to rectify it is like saying your stomach aches lie in the desire to acquire food. This is utterly obvious to me. What I want to know is what will cause these aches to become satisfied? And how can I sate these aches as easily as simply eating food?
The point is that you have no way to claim more reality in your direct sense of painfully stubbing over any deduction or implication of such event. Its reality is shaped by the context and its consequences, it's a larger framework where meaning and actions operate. All we're really having here is causality. Which was my point.
All we're really having here is causality? Even after logically debunking causality, you still insist on bringing it up?
Well, you asked "whose is it". And perhaps, yes, an owning implies a "belonging to oneself or itself". It seems self-reflective. Anyway, at least it has to do with assigned rights, some distribution and the added responsibilities. At least it needs a conscious entity to declare the right and a conscious entity to subscribe to it ("knowingly"). Would it have meaning outside this? It would mean a small baby or animal would only have rights in as far a conscious person would assert them.

Ownership seems to be largely symbolical. Unless you limit it to a matter of filling up space (you own what you can fill up, or empty).
I asked? If a person programs a computer to act exactly like a person, and the computer asks you this question over the internet, would you say that the computer is asking the question? The computer says, "It is I who asks." Who is asking?

If a bird eats a worm, is the bird experiencing its diet? Is the worm experiencing its demise?

If a plant gets cut off at the stem, is the plant experiencing death?

If a rock heats up in the daylight, is the rock experiencing the warmth?

Where is the boundary between conscious and unconscious?
It can be interesting to contemplate such things. Sometimes I imagine seeing many parts of myself randomly distributed in people, situations and events I witness. While it can be projection of course, I do think we're already randomly present in the sense you seem to talk about here. Gives a new meaning to the notion: you are not alone.
The randomness I was thinking about is more random than what you are thinking about I think. haha Its more like everything including the laws of physics and philosophy would be randomly reassigned different values. Sort of like the multiverse theory.

Sometimes I just feel like this little robot. http://youtu.be/ekP0LQEsUh0?t=32s
a gutter rat looking at stars