Mystical consciousness first...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Re: Mystical consciousness first...

Post by Pam Seeback »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
movingalways wrote:Do you have the genius to fuse together Unicorn and Human DNA, and infect the humans with the Unicorn Vaccine, mutating all into Unicorns?
Heck no, and even if I did, I got too many back pains, too much built up insanityitus and too little income to be slaving away in such a manner.
Have you considered finding the ceuse for your insanityitis so you can end it, assuming of course, that you want to end it. If you don't, please have the compassion and wisdom to spare the gullible ones in the world any ideas you may have regarding a utopia for man and beast.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

movingalways wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
movingalways wrote:Do you have the genius to fuse together Unicorn and Human DNA, and infect the humans with the Unicorn Vaccine, mutating all into Unicorns?
Heck no, and even if I did, I got too many back pains, too much built up insanityitus and too little income to be slaving away in such a manner.
Have you considered finding the ceuse for your insanityitis so you can end it, assuming of course, that you want to end it. If you don't, please have the compassion and wisdom to spare the gullible ones in the world any ideas you may have regarding a utopia for man and beast.
I'll tell you, I am surrounded by f*cking idiots all the time, that's true damn insanity. But the itus I was talking about was madscienceitus where one does too much science or tech type work and goes insane.

If you had any wisdom at all you'd join me in creating this utopia, instead of your pointless meddling. Otherwise there's plan B, leave the human to their own devices and rape everybody in the damn universe. They already charge money for water, what's stopping them charging you for air? There's only so much they are going to take before the people snap and go for Plan C, which is total and ultimate annhilation of the humankind, which to be honest isn't really all that bad of an option, all things considering. Turning people into unicorns seems pretty tame, but you'd rather throw that plan in the garbage and rather choose either Plan B or C? Which are both much more horrifying! Which are both awful! Which is typical human attitude of always making the wrong choices, which makes Plan B and C even more horrifying! Like seriously, could you be any more annoying? Did Steve Jobs rise from the dead, come from the grave to make a brainwashing device from Planet 9 to brainwash you or something to be this annoying??? Because you are more annoying than Nikka Minaj singing Justin Beiber specials on the Star Wars Christmas Special!!! Makes me wanna blow my damn brains out even more than I already do!!! Seriously, it's giving me a friggin anuerism!!! It's making my head wanna explode like your damn avatar!!! JUst kill me already!!! I'm sick of being the Lorax in a world gone mad!!! You even seperate man and beast like they are something different!!! THey are the same damn thing, just minor variations in DNA!!! Goodness gracious Lord have mercy on this God-forsaken planet!!!

I came to this planet to change things, not be told to recite the Serenity Prayer over and over again!!!
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Trix,
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Because you are more annoying than Nikka Minaj singing Justin Beiber specials on the Star Wars Christmas Special!!!
That special must be one of the lowest point of all productions of mankind (or U.S. cable TV, which used to be not the same). It justifies truly every inch of anger and nausea you have been displaying about the universe and its people. Although it's not a good idea to watch that kind of TV more than 30 years after its original and instantaneously failed release. Lots of things just become incomprehensible not much later because, you know, things change.
I came to this planet to change things, not be told to recite the Serenity Prayer over and over again!!!
The point made, I think, is that big changes always involve your self as well. There's time for fiddling with the world around you and there's a time for letting different perspectives evolve inside. And for that, one should have a little patience and serenity. It's not a fix but it gives some time and space, some breathing room. In that sense, it's a good, universal advice which certainly can and will be abused like everything else.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Trixie, my intent is not to meddle, but to get to the heart of suffering. What lies at the heart of suffering? The Buddhists call it dependent origination, the truth that good is dependent on evil, pain is dependent on pleasure, light is dependent on darkness, etc. And that these relationships of opposites have formed a complex world of relativism in nature and in man's thought world that cannot be made right with more relativism. An obvious example is the evil one interprets of human treatment of animals, hidden in that evil is the good of the nutrition and employment and making of new life it provides, not to forget the sense of purpose it provides for people like you and me who believe they can make a difference by not eating meat. The criminal mind is another good example, if there was no interpretation of crime, of evil imagine the unemployment it would cause.

Which leaves the one who is wise to the ways of the material world in time to ponder how to end its eternal turning of relativism: how does the awakened one cause the permanent end to its effects of pain and pleasure, not just for oneself, but for all sentient beings? This is the question the deeply effected one of suffering must answer, anything else is mental masturbation of the mess of relativism.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:What lies at the heart of suffering? The Buddhists call it dependent origination,
Suffering is not refered to as "dependant origination" in Buddhism. The "heart of suffering" is not "dependant origination". Dependant Origination is how everything is dependant on causes and conditions in order for it to come into existence (originate).

The root of suffering is ATTACHMENT...

http://viewonbuddhism.org/4_noble_truths.html
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga wrote:
movingalways wrote:What lies at the heart of suffering? The Buddhists call it dependent origination,
Suffering is not refered to as "dependant origination" in Buddhism. The "heart of suffering" is not "dependant origination". Dependant Origination is how everything is dependant on causes and conditions in order for it to come into existence (originate).

The root of suffering is ATTACHMENT...

http://viewonbuddhism.org/4_noble_truths.html
Hair-splitting because if it weren't for causes and conditions coming into existence, attachment wouldn't exist. Remove the attachment, where are the causes and conditions?

The important aspect of suffering is how to end it. Since attachment is the root cause, then logically/intuitively, detachment is the way.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:Since attachment is the root cause, then logically/intuitively, detachment is the way.
Well, actually you don't go from one extreme to the other to end suffering (attachment/detachment, love/hate, etc. ).
You eventually become immune to extremes.
Logic is not in the realm of intuition.

One can become attached to detachment...."I AM DETACHED FROM ALL ATTACHMENTS !!! "
One becomes puffed up in their so-called "detachment".

If you are truly detached, you are dispassionate....you see things as equal (love/hate), as they are still human emotional states of mind.

Being dispassionate you are at peace.
Except, "you" are gone....to the other shore...Nirvana.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:Hair-splitting
Yes. I knew you'd try to defend yourself. So egotistical...
Truth is hair-splitting. Lies split from the truth.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

movingalways wrote:Trixie, my intent is not to meddle, but to get to the heart of suffering. What lies at the heart of suffering? The Buddhists call it dependent origination, the truth that good is dependent on evil, pain is dependent on pleasure, light is dependent on darkness, etc. And that these relationships of opposites have formed a complex world of relativism in nature and in man's thought world that cannot be made right with more relativism. An obvious example is the evil one interprets of human treatment of animals, hidden in that evil is the good of the nutrition and employment and making of new life it provides, not to forget the sense of purpose it provides for people like you and me who believe they can make a difference by not eating meat. The criminal mind is another good example, if there was no interpretation of crime, of evil imagine the unemployment it would cause.

Which leaves the one who is wise to the ways of the material world in time to ponder how to end its eternal turning of relativism: how does the awakened one cause the permanent end to its effects of pain and pleasure, not just for oneself, but for all sentient beings? This is the question the deeply effected one of suffering must answer, anything else is mental masturbation of the mess of relativism.
I applaud you for figuring out the first part of the game, I was wondering if anyone was going to notice this...That without evil, there are no evil's to vanquish, and that some would say that is rather boring...Or...not...
I would rather be a pathetic loser with no real purpose, than a hero in a world full of suffering. Is there anyone here who believes in true death (ie. no life after this body dies...) I really wish that the world wasn't so awful.

By the way, I like the forum right alignment much better, it hurts me when I login to find the alignment flipped.
So sad.
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga, my understanding of attachment is not one of the equality of emotions, detachment for me is the ending of emotions (the feeling sense, earth mentality) for the sake of entrance into the spiritual realm. By my understanding of detachment, I am not yet detached, but my goal is clear, my dedication to it unswerving.

Trixie, the world is wonderful and awful both, there is sweetness, tenderness and love and there is bitterness, callousness and hate. Some focus on the former, some focus on the latter, but because they are enmeshed in a complex web of relativity obviously no one is 100% good or 100% evil.

As for life, where is the beginning that there can be an ending? What has been awakened in me is the intuitive and logical realization that life is not limited to sentient consciousness (awareness of pain and pleasure and good and evil). Which has opened up in me realistic hope that by keeping my awareness fixed on spirit or emptiness, by ending my attachment to the duality of spirit and matter, that when my breath leaves my body upon physical death that I will be prepared for the non-physical life that awaits. I also have realistic hope that since in spirit I am not separate from the animal world that by keeping my focus on spirit as I go about my day to day business that I am not only ending my attachment to sentience, but theirs as well. Now who's the insane one? :-)
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:my understanding of attachment is not one of the equality of emotions, detachment for me is the ending of emotions
Emotions are emotions. They are equally emotional. One suffers in love equally as one suffers in hatred.
Attachment is grasping, craving, desiring.

Evolving from the emotional human to a Fully Awakened state is full of emotional upheavals...I am in the midst of it myself....