Enlightenment

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Enlightenment

Post by Dennis Mahar »

meaning junkies want their fix (supply).
how it should be as discriminated. (that supplied).
when the supply is short they get all hoity-toity.
But it's a good illustration of the real issue at stake: can you let go of the hate or is it ingrained too deeply? Don't forget that all teachings point to it, how ultimate rejection of reality lies at the bases of all "suffering" and ignorance. Rejection equals hate. Reality itself hammered on the cross. This is why we need to understand bliss as a lack of this hate. Everything else is pretentious indulgence.
Yeah.
6 0'clock news flash from Chief Reporter 'Daily Planet'.
bulletproof undies.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Dennis Mahar wrote:meaning junkies want their fix (supply).
You're saying you hate meanings (aka reality) like a conservative hates drugs. You have your War on Meaning!
6 0'clock news flash from Chief Reporter 'Daily Planet'. Bulletproof undies.
Sounds like solid hatred to me when joking starts gravitating to the lowest common denominator. Debasing is your game.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I don't say anything like that.

I say, you provide the meaning.

I get it.
you want to fix me as hatred.
bliss.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:I don't say anything like that. I say, you provide the meaning.
Easiest way out: abiding in ambiguity.

Truth is:

You are bringing meaning and power even when "misunderstood". But owe up to it! Refusing is an attack on all reason and conversation.

But that's your game. Don't try to fix me as "fixing you as".... I don't play that game. I provide challenge. It flows out, no lack of supply! It's who we are and is what you are.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You'd have to understand the endless disconnect.
it's OK,
whatever you want.
bliss.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
movingalways wrote:I'm typing on my phone, is anyone else having problems logging in via Windows?
Kevin fixed it with a new board version. Hail to the chief! Can you login again too?
I can, thank you Kevin!
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:I don't say anything like that.

I say, you provide the meaning.

I get it.
you want to fix me as hatred.
bliss.
Dennis, you did holler "bullshit" to me when I posted that piece about God being still and cool as air. I did take it as rejection/anger/hatred. I'm not saying I am free of the stuff, just pointing out that neither are you. You once said that anger is included in your bliss; we obviously have different definitions of bliss.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:You'd have to understand the endless disconnect.
Don't be afraid to think! Connect deeper with your own concept, truth and reason. The endless disconnect lies in your exchanges: celebrations of meaninglessness, what you call "bliss" but is more like "freeze".

Perhaps the smell of slavish fear excites me! As all fear demands secretly confrontation but still continues surpressing that demand. Always drawn in just to end up covering up. This is all you need to understand right now of your own behavior here. The Great Key to self understanding provided for free.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
movingalways wrote:I'm typing on my phone, is anyone else having problems logging in via Windows?
Yeah, it seems the forum software needs an upgrade to a more recent version. I got PHP errors at preview and other places. Still can post though.
Only logic, why? Only bliss, why? Surely the wise spirit knows which expression is the right one in any given moment.
Expressions are how the spirit moves in any given moment. On a forum like this reasonable, measured discussion seems like a good thing. To craft some thoughts is a good thing. If one can learn to do it without any resentment, it's just as well bliss, which just means: glad tidings! In the broadest sense.
I agree that reasonable, measured discussion is a good thing, it keeps the serpent of emotionalism at bay. I also agree that such discussion declares glad tidings! but this type of bliss is not what I was referring to. Perhaps what I am referring to is more akin to ecstatic joy than bliss, a distinct feeling state that unlike the 'horizontal' bliss of logic, allows the waters to rise up and declare their oceanic presence. It seems to me as if this type of conscious activity of spirit is rejected (hated) here, no room in the inn for the energy of "female."

This is my challenge to the members of this board that the sense of spiritual power can be directed into the feeling sense if a) logic is respected and b) it's values are love, tenderness and joy. To give over one's entire being to feeling, to let it ride, to dance it out, to allow energy its untethered glorious shout!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Dennis, you did holler "bullshit" to me when I posted that piece about God being still and cool as air
can you see the endless disconnect in that sentence?

you knew about it when you were a little kid and got hardened to it.
a felt presence.
non-conceptual.
you probably clung to the teddy mum gave you to feel better.
mum's hand out teddies for it.
God being still and cool as air
mind's possibility.
in your head fred.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

celebrations of meaninglessness
Nah,
it's meaningless till you give it meaning.
That's what I said.

What's meaningful?
read the Immanent guys contribution.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:
celebrations of meaninglessness
It's meaningless till you give it meaning. That's what I said.
Yes, that's the power you project and it's a form of value and therefore has meaning.
Of course we can discuss endlessly about which one exactly but it doesn't matter: you will still bring meaning and power to the table the moment you type.

That power you wield here is a special one: annihilation. It's the negative typical of the "pleb dialectic". It's the violence of Dennis. The power you sell off.

But take ownership at least! Be specific in what you are doubting, rejecting and ridiculing. Explore your own goals. Don't try to disconnect from them as they'll bite you in the back.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

An idea is not more than the idea, though there are ideas of the contrary. Of the idea being a person, of the idea being someone who discusses, of the idea being someone looking for enlightenment.
Diebert van Rhijn

TheImmanent wrote:An idea is not more than the idea, though there are ideas of the contrary. Of the idea being a person, of the idea being someone who discusses, of the idea being someone looking for enlightenment.
And don't forget the idea of not having an idea or the idea of having stopped looking. This closes the circle and ends in meaninglessness. Nothing being said then? Aha! One can witness force being projected - a fleeting balance of powers is sought after, still.

Some people think there's a way to function otherwise, to communicate something differently, a different mood or song. But it won't be without projections of "permanent waves". It won't be quiet. It won't be peaceful no matter how the war mask is carved and painted with soothing colors.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
TheImmanent wrote:An idea is not more than the idea, though there are ideas of the contrary. Of the idea being a person, of the idea being someone who discusses, of the idea being someone looking for enlightenment.
And don't forget the idea of not having an idea or the idea of having stopped looking. This closes the circle and ends in meaninglessness. Nothing being said then? Aha! One can witness force being projected - a fleeting balance of powers is sought after, still.
If the idea had been more than the idea.
Some people think there's a way to function otherwise, to communicate something differently, a different mood or song. But it won't be without projections of "permanent waves". It won't be quiet. It won't be peaceful no matter how the war mask is carved and painted with soothing colors.
Ideas do no such things, but there are ideas of such things. The premise is false, since an idea is held to be something other.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Diebert: Some people think there's a way to function otherwise, to communicate something differently, a different mood or song. But it won't be without projections of "permanent waves". It won't be quiet. It won't be peaceful no matter how the war mask is carved and painted with soothing colors.
Hallelujah! Spirit is an engine, not a lullaby. It can be contained to sing a lullaby if a lullaby is needed, but at its roots, it wants to shout, flow, dance, create, challenge, grow and expand, it wants to move.

Fear or denial of one's spiritual will or power results in violence or mental illness.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Fear or denial of one's spiritual will or power results in violence or mental illness.

equals

Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Your point?
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

movingalways wrote: Fear or denial of one's spiritual will or power results in violence or mental illness.
The idea of a separate self enables all manners of suffering and opposition. Yet it remains an idea, and nowhere is there a separate self to be found. This is because an idea must not be correct, and evil and suffering are nothing but false ideas, i.e., ideas without an actual object, misconceptions. The idea of dividing an indivisible essence.
Diebert van Rhijn

TheImmanent wrote: The premise is false, since an idea is held to be something other.
Which is fine because nothing exists as itself or in itself. Meaning that only ideas, references and relations exist or better: weave in that sense: it can then only be "something other"!

Therefore, yes indeed, ideas "do such things" because we define them, with some reasoning, to be doing so. Ideas are part of the action but there's still the idea of no-action, no-being and no-existence. Which is also no-premise and beyond any true and false. By definition!
Diebert van Rhijn

TheImmanent wrote: ideas without an actual object, misconceptions.
There are no "actual" objects. In that sense all ideas are "misconceptions". But that's the human condition! There's nothing about us and our world which is not conceived first.

It's not the illusion of separate selves or objects which is causing suffering just like we don't suffer from the cycles of sun and moon. What causes suffering is all resistance to dying (aka life). Complete rejection and hate of non-being judging being, timelessness judging time, recurrence judging forgetfulness and movement judging all settling! Perhaps there are better words than judging but it seemed to fit on a few levels.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

what's being done is 'chop wood, carry water'.
thought, word, deed.

chop wood Apollo
carry water Dionysius

the noble 8fold has chopped wood carries water.
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
TheImmanent wrote: ideas without an actual object, misconceptions.
There are no "actual" objects. In that sense all ideas are "misconceptions". But that's the human condition! There's nothing about us and our world which is not conceived first.
There is no juxtaposition. The idea of a principle that is true, is an actual true principle.
It's not the illusion of separate selves or objects which is causing suffering just like we don't suffer from the cycles of sun and moon. What causes suffering is all resistance to dying (aka life).
The illusion of separate selves or objects causes both suffering and enjoyment. The illusion of a separate self is the premise of suffering, just like it is the premise of dying, and the premise of the resistance to dying.
Diebert van Rhijn

Immy wrote: The idea of a principle that is true, is an actual true principle.
Since evaluation is happening in both cases (of a principle being true or false) the higher principle here is having value at all. Value here means fundamental orientation, how power is responded to.
Immy wrote:The illusion of a separate self is the premise of suffering, just like it is the premise of dying, and the premise of the resistance to dying.
Distinction is the premise of everything - not just of suffering. It's also the premise of "not suffering" and "happiness". And when we're making distinctions, there has to be separation. However this is not yet the ignorance of which for example the Buddha spoke or the sin which Jesus brought up. It would be like saying planet Earth is the cause of suffering. Or when our back hurts to blame it on having a spine in upright position in the first place! That approach does not seem to address the nature of suffering at all. To me it sounds like philosophical soma for those suffering too much to take on more thought.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Pam,
Dennis, you did holler "bullshit" to me when I posted that piece about God being still and cool as air. I did take it as rejection/anger/hatred. I'm not saying I am free of the stuff, just pointing out that neither are you. You once said that anger is included in your bliss; we obviously have different definitions of bliss.
Every existential critter is a predator.
you too.
'nice' is predatory.
a means to an end.
survival machinery.
lack of supply issues/protection rackets.
shock horror.
logic is predatory.

a confronting style doesn't mean angry.

developing the embodiment of the mind of love and kindness (from nothing, where there is no grounds for it) is completely self-centred.
a means to an end.
in order to.