I am God, You are God.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
fontana

I am God, You are God.

Post by fontana »

Are you God? Am I God? Imagine that there is no God outside ourselves, but instead you and I and everyone we know are God. Of course we all originated from something in some type of beginning, I mean, before we became the humans that we are, right? Or, have we all been floating around in the universe in one form or another for infinity? If so, we were never created from nothing, but instead, we've always been something. And, if we were never created, but instead, we've been around forever, we weren't created from a God, we always existed...making us each God in our own rite, right?
Pam Seeback

Re: I am God, You are God.

Post by Pam Seeback »

Welcome fontana.

By way of reasoning we discover there is no God outside ourselves.

So yes, for those of us who have "reasoned the things of God", each of us is God in our/its own right.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

fontana wrote:Are you God? Am I God? Imagine that there is no God outside ourselves, but instead you and I and everyone we know are God. Of course we all originated from something in some type of beginning, I mean, before we became the humans that we are, right? Or, have we all been floating around in the universe in one form or another for infinity? If so, we were never created from nothing, but instead, we've always been something. And, if we were never created, but instead, we've been around forever, we weren't created from a God, we always existed...making us each God in our own rite, right?
All thinking about existence, causality and "creation of existence" would lead to the insight that asserting "existence" means asserting a God as embodied summary of all causes and all law, history and order, organizing all the causes to form some existence. Or a collection of smaller gods -- and why not? If one needs to relate to nature, how else to make sense of it? Eventually, all naming is divining.

One step further is to widen the definition of God to make it mean "all" or "totality". But in that instance we cannot be god as we'd right away lose definition in any "all". And it would be meaningless to keep speaking of "me and God", "I am God" or "here's something" in this infinite rather indescribable context.

So here it is: when diving down into creation, being, sensing and making sense, you're looking and finding creators or God in the heavens of all consciousness. But when ascending, unwinding, unmaking: there can be no being or God. Some tentatively call that "Holy Spirit" but it's transcendental and what can one really say about it? You won't be around, that's for sure.
fontana

Post by fontana »

Thanks for your thoughtful replies.
ardy

Post by ardy »

fontana wrote:Are you God? Am I God? Imagine that there is no God outside ourselves, but instead you and I and everyone we know are God. Of course we all originated from something in some type of beginning, I mean, before we became the humans that we are, right? Or, have we all been floating around in the universe in one form or another for infinity? If so, we were never created from nothing, but instead, we've always been something. And, if we were never created, but instead, we've been around forever, we weren't created from a God, we always existed...making us each God in our own rite, right?
My view is that we are just a construct of this planet and it's amazing life forms. Any attempt at trying to find eternity or God in our existence is a form of stupidity, whilst the magnificence of our life is going on around us. The role of this searching is to find out who the hell we are at a fundamental level, and get rid of the false ideas about smart/dumb, wise/foolish, godlike/devil within, and so it goes on and on. Around these silly thoughts we have we built a construct called - 'I am like this' - the truth is you have no idea who you are. To get to an understanding of who you are you have to kill the ego creation of 'I am like this'. That is why many searchers talk about feeling as if they are going to die. The ego is that strong.

This is a thing I wrote 12 years ago, hope it makes you smile. The reference to God has nothing to do with how I think about God!

The Grand Debate

With all the glory of nature, God, animals and silence around you. Yet you persist in your blinkered focus on stupidity. Whilst all around you are playing out the grand game with great joy.

Silence whispers to nature "why is he doing lots of nothing"

Nature grunts "at his advanced age he is still young"

"How much longer before he plays with US!" ask the animals.

"So long as he holds on too tight" says god.

"Is he so tight he can't move?" ask the animals.

"So tight he squeaks like one of you!" proclaims nature.

"His squeaks ruin my main game" says silence.

"He doesn’t know there is a game" said god. "The game is played for keeps"

"But what does he get to keep" said nature.

"Nothing important, yet only futile, with the end result = 0"

"Is our song too subtle?" asked silence.

"Too subtle for him to hear us" said the animals.

"Maybe we should clear it" said silence.

"Over my dead body!" said god.

"What about his dead body" asked nature.

"Of no consequence, although he doesn’t realise it" said god. "A last minute case if ever I saw one"

“We still want to play with him" said the animals.

"It's banned until he wakes up and takes off those ridiculous blinkers" said nature.

"Agreed" said god and they all nodded.
fratersol

Post by fratersol »

thelemism at its essence
ardy

Post by ardy »

fratersol wrote:thelemism at its essence
Had to google that one. Seems the number of rip off merchants who take this stuff and make the most outrageous claims is never ending. Stupid people follow whoever can 'shout' down the opposition to their ego driven craziness.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

The God you sense is your god. Whether or not I happen to sense the same god, is unfortunately outside your realm of existence, at least based upon my existence leading me to assume so.
ardy

Post by ardy »

Gregory wrote:The God you sense is your god. Whether or not I happen to sense the same god, is unfortunately outside your realm of existence, at least based upon my existence leading me to assume so.
Ah! but Gregory you know that assumptions are the standpoints of fools and generalisations are a mere plateau on which a tired mind tarries to rest?