A love letter

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: A love letter

Post by Dennis Mahar »

K said 'no true rank'
Geddit?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:
Kunga wrote:
movingalways wrote:Everything is equal in that everything exists,
I see the opposite of this. Everything is equal, because nothing exists (nothing exists INDEPENDENTLY/INHERENTLY
As everything is DEPENDENT on other things in order for it's (appearance) as "existing" .

A Tree didn't just POP into existence on it's own...it needed a seed, soil, water, air, sunlight in order for it to appear .
Very true, a tree needs all these things to be a tree and considering all of these things does indeed open the mind up to the dependent nature of things, to looking at the world through the eyes and heart of a poet or an artist, but knowing that a tree is the universe in disguise does not alter the fact that we experience tree in its tree form.

Imagine for a moment what it would be like if we weren't able to distinguish the trunk of the tree from the leaves of the tree or the soil of the tree or the air of the tree or the water of the tree or the bird in the tree - there would be no golden autumn leaves to admire, no birdsong to lift our heart, no way to get paper upon which to paint or write, no way to warm ourselves over a crackling fire, no way obtain the wood we need for furniture and houses, these are but just a few of the qualities of 'form of tree' that would not be available to us if we were always and ever thinking of its dependent nature.

I love to behold Van Gogh's "Starry Night", it makes me dance and sing inside, but I know that if I were suddenly transported to that world so that it became my 24/7 reality I would go mad. The truth is that if the 'boundaries' of things suddenly fell away so would our consciousness. Luckily, our consciousness is programmed to survive.

You don't need to be in any state of mind that can't differentiate between the root of a tree and it's leaves/other parts. Just recognizing the fact that all things exist because of causes and conditions. Seeing everything as equal, you can still see it's manifestations of variety . I'd go nut's too If everything looked/tasted the same .

Every snowflake is different, yet the same.
All phenomenal things are created from the elements : Earth, Wood, Metal, Fire ,Water
All phenomenal things are finite, yet the energy that produced them is infinite.

So when the " boundaries fall away", you see things as they really are : Empty of inherent existence.

First you see a mountain...
Then there is no mountain...
Then there is....

From the Avatamsaka Sutra:

INDRAS NET

"Far away, in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each eye of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number.
There hang the jewels, glittering like stars of the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now look closely at any one of the jewels for inspection, we will discover that in its polished surface are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflection process occuring.
This symbolises our world where every sentient being (and thing) is inter-related to one another."

Anyways...this makes sense to me...
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga: Anyways...this makes sense to me...
Me too. When all is said and done, its no big deal is it?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Well...I'm still blown away by it all....especially when thinking about it....
Being aware and silent...there's a feeling of bliss...
But when I think about bliss...maybe it's just my ignorance...
But there is no wisdom without ignorance....

In this whirl of words...
evaporating... clouds ....

Phenomena and space....

Dance together
as one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACHPtToZApk

Burp

http://www.purifymind.com/BuddhahoodSutra.htm
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Pam,
Me too. When all is said and done, its no big deal is it?
I am my universe and every part of my universe is me experientially.
You are your universe and every part of your universe is you experientially.

We share a universe by and by for karmic reasons interdependently arisen experientially.

Every young psyche receives a wound (uncle)....(motivator)

because of attachment enlightenment.

lotus opens from mud.

soil, sapling, fruit.

lotus respects mud.

its empty and meaningless that its empty and meaningless.
ineffable silence.
we have no 'why'.
there are no 'the answers'

what's on the menu?
the possibility?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

It is true that there is no ultimate answer to why good and evil effects are caused, however, for one who wants to live a conscious life (of conscience), knowledge of what causes good effects and evil effects right here, right now is essential. This being awake to causality is the universe trusting itself to do the right thing, not by the morals as dictated by "they say" but by its own reasoning of causing this or that thing to be released into the world.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga wrote:Well...I'm still blown away by it all....especially when thinking about it....
Being aware and silent...there's a feeling of bliss...
But when I think about bliss...maybe it's just my ignorance...
But there is no wisdom without ignorance....

In this whirl of words...
evaporating... clouds ....

Phenomena and space....

Dance together
as one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACHPtToZApk

Burp

http://www.purifymind.com/BuddhahoodSutra.htm
Conscious living is found in the taste of the burp. :-)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It is true that there is no ultimate answer to why good and evil effects are caused, however, for one who wants to live a conscious life (of conscience), knowledge of what causes good effects and evil effects right here, right now is essential. This being awake to causality is the universe trusting itself to do the right thing, not by the morals as dictated by "they say" but by its own reasoning of causing this or that thing to be released into the world.
I don't care about your script.
How are you with mud.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

You took the time to quote my script and answer my script to tell me you don't care about my script. How does that old saying go? Oh yeah, thou doest protest too much.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

movingalways wrote:Dear duality, your saviour of comfort gives me the sweetness of joy. I need and cherish this your tender flowing touch, for in the deep where your sweet touch come to life, my unflinching conscience knows of thought's eternal hunger for life and death and of its blindness of being made of this hungry thing.

Dear duality, your saviour of comfort gives me the structure of reason. I need and cherish this your ordered touch, for in the deep where your structured words come to life, my unflinching conscience knows of thought's eternal hunger for life and death and of its blindness of being made of this hungry thing.

Dear duality, dear hunger and its saviors, you are not an easy Friend, but you are the true Friend. After all, was it not truth I wanted when I came seeking its name?
Hey, Baby, you fool around on the first date?
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

movingalways wrote:You took the time to quote my script and answer my script to tell me you don't care about my script. How does that old saying go? Oh yeah, thou doest protest too much.
Circle jerks are everywhere and nowhere.
Don't run to your death