Giving up on enlightenment

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jufa

Re: Giving up on enlightenment

Post by jufa »

No individual, neighbor, community, county, state or nation attract that which they want only by a thought entering into their thinking. Only when thinking has taken root downward, as well as upward growth simultaneous as personal opinions, ideas, concepts or philosophy does the substance of the seed seem to have lost its discernment, and the fullness of the essence of root downward, as well as upward growth, is interpreted by the sentient intellect to be no more the life source awareness being aware. In the Spirit of ones will of projection does thoughts become conditional. It is the projection into the earthern mentality which is attracted and attaches to thoughts of kind, and keeps the condition of dualism alive in the imaginative chamber of delusions. This is why it is stated: it is not what goes in the mouth which defiles, but that which comes out of the mouth. This is saying once one release their will of thought into the ethereal of consciousness, it enhances that of kind which has always been the set motion of seesawing of imbalance Spirit sustenance. Be it religious, free-thinking or dictatorship, speaking the word, the whims, fancies, and ambitions of all earthly thinking individuals are always thwarted by the attitude of "this far, and no further" will the sentient mind allow you to proceed. Hindered is ones responsibility and potential or righteousness, for conscience sake, of each and every individuals who lives and believes in the reality of the fleshly intellect. Their inmost thoughts and desires are fed with their own food of interpreted thinking, be it foul or clean. And be it foul or clean, it is as full of one or the others. One is always full. How does one distinguish between the up and down when comprehension is always found in the essence of THE ONE?

(Excerpt from THE GREATEST HYPOCRISY, THE DECEPTION OF MAN UPON HIMSELF - by Julius Fann)

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
do you have thoughts or do thoughts have you?
do you have feels or do feels have you?
Seeker: That's a good one.

Pam seems to think you're implying that if you break your leg and call the ambulance that's delusional.
Pam seems to think you're implying? You expect clarity from this sideways-backended approach?

Why do you not reason with me directly?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

TheImmanent: Bliss is only an object of desire if the conceptual self is conceived as actual. Without this misconception, there is not even the conception of someone who attains, other than as a concept. Consciousness remains as it is, in which expression it knows bliss, due to its inevitable fulfillment of what it is.
Consciousness remaining as it is is the problem. Bliss, bliss, bliss, bliss, bliss..........
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

movingalways wrote:
TheImmanent: Bliss is only an object of desire if the conceptual self is conceived as actual. Without this misconception, there is not even the conception of someone who attains, other than as a concept. Consciousness remains as it is, in which expression it knows bliss, due to its inevitable fulfillment of what it is.
Consciousness remaining as it is is the problem. Bliss, bliss, bliss, bliss, bliss..........
Who's problem?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Who's problem?
ha ha
TheImmanent

Post by TheImmanent »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
Who's problem?
ha ha
The question was not intended to ridicule.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

ha ha means recognition or grok.

ah so
ha ha
ah ah
this!
ok
pointed to
alerted of
recognised
on the money
drawn to that
arrived at
home base
big kahuna
grand poobar
opened up
nailed
cognitive access
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Pam, have you not written along the lines of "what about the people in nazi Germany? What about the boy who gets raped? What about the guy who breaks his leg?" in reply to Dennis? I could get the exact quotes but you know what I'm speaking of.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

movingalways wrote: Ask a holocaust survivor if Hitler's beliefs changed nothing.

One example.

Asking a holocaust survivor, you'd get a complaint. Asking you, you'd get a complaint.

Cherishing the notion of selfhood. Implying inherent meaning where there is none.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

This happens to be my first post on this website, so forgive me if I've overlooked the ideals of "bumping old topics" and the likes.

1. I love my life and it’s a very happy life.

This is good, a life you cherish and feel happy to live within, is one worth living. As far as our own knowledge goes, enlightenment can only (eventually) be achieved by continuing life, and your statement in itself denotes that you will be more inclined to do so.

2. I don’t think, that I have what it takes to become enlightened.

Every leap one takes, is one more leap towards arriving at a destination. Every leap you choose not to take, results in one's idling within their point of origin. Fortunately for all of us, life has a way of changing our perspectives and influences which many of us conceive to be a form of randomness, so as a complete stranger that isn't yourself, I can only hope that your goals of enlightenment are one day resurrected, either due to such randomness, or your inner realization.

3. I fear, that even if would try, I would end up somewhere in the middle and become broken.

Fear is the most natural and homeostatic of all human emotions in my opinion. It is a preventative emotion that protects us, and permits that we reduce vulnerability to continue to survive in the present. Unfortunately, my understanding is that many people would agree that enlightenment asks us to surrender ourselves and make ourselves vulnerable, which I relate to a state of cat-chases-tail, of which neither the cat nor its tail will achieve a peaceful state of rest until the cat catches its tail (unlikely) or the cat stops chasing its tail, realizing that there is no duality, and that the movements of the cat correspond directly with the movements of its tail. In essence, the tail has always belonged to the cat, and the only way to capture it again would be to lose it first, making its chase obsolete until otherwise.

In other words, live your life and continue studying the ideals of enlightenment. The Buddha once asked his followers to question everything, and I would recommend that you do so until you've found your own ideals of enlightenment that best suit your happiness as collective of those around you. For many of us, this requires a lifetime, something that you continue to cherish and learn from until your last breath is spent. It isn't until the end that you can truly reflect upon your journey as a complete, alpha and omega.