Life after Death - Why Bother?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Life after Death - Why Bother?

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Leyla Shen wrote:LOL! I need to do no such thing, Diebert! And stop hiding behind the great horde of deaf and dumb others like some Mary Magdalene!
Pure irony considering I might be one of the very few still posting my own philosophical thoughts here. Anyway about Mary Magdalene, Jesus wrote in the Pistis Sophia (2nd century CE): "Mary, thou blessed one, whom I will perfect in all mysteries of those of the height, discourse in openness, thou, whose heart is raised to the kingdom of heaven more than all thy brethren". It's an honor to be associated with her mystery!
It's the overcoming of the desire to cling a unified, causal centre and, unlike Hegel, Nietzsche does overcome exactly that. "Self" both as signification, but also as the individual -- the actualised self that Hegel aims at with the term "concrete" -- as a multitude organised drives.
The actualized self as a "multitude organized drives"? You might enjoy the book Nietzsche and Philosophy from Deleuze which is where the passage in the link came from if you really want to penetrate Nietzsche's thought structure. The lack of the belief in some unified, causal center hardly addresses the problem of power and value. Even believers in God haven't one unified, central notion generally. Your remark is hardly scratching the surface and seems to reflect your own struggle with unified centers, heavenly fathers and the masculine.

I'll leave you with the wisdom of Mary Kelly Jones and you can figure out if it might apply to your self each and every time the discussion gets serious:
  • The rare female who shows an interest in thinking, particularly in philosophical ideas, is typically driven by a need to impress a male. Genuine interest is extremely rare.

Such females, being 99.99999%, invariably derail philosophical discussions. They are unable to understand the subtleties of an argument, and draw shallow and false conclusions. When unable to understand the corrections of their errors, they either submit into helpless dependency, or become highly defensive and emotional, or try to invalidate the correction by saying it isn't important. In fine, the female derails the entire topic into the shallow realm of irrelevant personal remarks, in the hope of creating emotional bonds with males, pressuring them into a position of chivalrous tolerance.

Thus, the result of allowing females to participate in philosophical discussion, is: the discussion ends, and gossip begins.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Verbosity and the capacity for philosophy and an appreciation of subtlety are very different things.

But you're right about one thing; reading the works of an actual philosopher is so much more insightful than engaging you in a discussion about philosophy!
The rare female who shows an interest in thinking, particularly in philosophical ideas, is typically driven by a need to impress a male. Genuine interest is extremely rare.
Two things there are true: I am a female, and I know a man when I see one. And you, my dear, are incapable of penetration.
Between Suicides
Diebert van Rhijn

The truth is way more ironic: that woman only knows woman or anything on the radar acknowledging her existence in the symbolic realm.

Insiders have left the need to penetrate any "illusion". From the inside out they are formed and from the inside out they will fall.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

But it's only those imverted commas that afford you the sense of irony (and wit). Only truth penetrates illusion, necessarily.
Between Suicides
Diebert van Rhijn

Leyla Shen wrote:Only truth penetrates illusion, necessarily.
Until it reaches the nature of illusion itself. Turning inside out. It's never too late but always too early.