The reality of transcendence

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

The reality of transcendence

Post by Pam Seeback »

There is no Transcendent God, there is only God-as-man choosing between an action that produces good fruit (emotions) and one that produces evil fruit (emotions) which he does by transcending his immediate emotional reaction to something and meditating/reasoning (meditation-reasoning = transcendence) upon the various causal possibilities of setting this or that spirit or emotion into motion (action). In other words the task of the wise man is to be the reasoning conscience of causality on the spiritual-emotional realm, the realm of consciousness of life, a task he cannot perform if he is not conscious of both good and evil causal possibilities.

This is why dualism as a philosophy is impossible. Separate God even for one moment from judgment of causality and consciousness of life ceases to exist.
Pam Seeback

Re: The reality of transcendence

Post by Pam Seeback »

A little essay: The best gift we can give our children

For the sake of individual peace of mind which I believe will eventually lead to peace on earth, it is critical we teach our children to find, within themselves, the void of “they say” that allows them to think for themselves. To question everything they are told is true, no sacred cows, no holds barred. What this means for parents and teachers is that they be committed both to encouraging independent thinking and to allowing the time necessary for the bearing of its fruit. No “why” should be swept away with the spirit killing “because I told you so”, rather, along with the “whats, the hows and the whens” be viewed as the four cornerstones of the way reality itself works, that of cause in union with effect. If a reason cannot be found and verified in a child's mind independent of blind acceptance, what is the nature of this child's mind but that of being a well oiled machine? This is the message of the Borg of Star Trek fame, the high price man pays that when, for the sake of "getting along," he loses the spirited life that is his I-dentity.

At the head of the spirit killing mentality is religion. No need to think for yourself Johnny, “the bible tells us so." And yet, there it is in black and white, right out of Jesus' mouth: “Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened” and “there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed" and "the light of the body is the eye: If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Jesus was a thinker, not a believer, oh how twisted become words in service to the blind hive mind!

Thinking is a man's life, let us work toward making it a free and responsible one.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Aggrieved.
grieving.
attachment.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis, you're being the Borg, singing your same old bliss song (resistance is futile) without thinking it through.

I am aware of no sense of aggrievement, of grieving or of being attached in acting according to the principles of cause and effect. How in the *bleep* do you?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

There it is.
protest.
aggrieved.
self cherishing
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Obviously our understandings of self-cherishing are completely alien to one another.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Because ultimately production and destruction do not exist.
appearance.
empty is empty.
ardy

Post by ardy »

movingalways wrote:A little essay: The best gift we can give our children

For the sake of individual peace of mind which I believe will eventually lead to peace on earth, it is critical we teach our children to find, within themselves, the void of “they say” that allows them to think for themselves. To question everything they are told is true, no sacred cows, no holds barred. What this means for parents and teachers is that they be committed both to encouraging independent thinking and to allowing the time necessary for the bearing of its fruit. No “why” should be swept away with the spirit killing “because I told you so”, rather, along with the “whats, the hows and the whens” be viewed as the four cornerstones of the way reality itself works, that of cause in union with effect. If a reason cannot be found and verified in a child's mind independent of blind acceptance, what is the nature of this child's mind but that of being a well oiled machine? This is the message of the Borg of Star Trek fame, the high price man pays that when, for the sake of "getting along," he loses the spirited life that is his I-dentity.

At the head of the spirit killing mentality is religion. No need to think for yourself Johnny, “the bible tells us so." And yet, there it is in black and white, right out of Jesus' mouth: “Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened” and “there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed" and "the light of the body is the eye: If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Jesus was a thinker, not a believer, oh how twisted become words in service to the blind hive mind!

Thinking is a man's life, let us work toward making it a free and responsible one.
I agree with your OP but this one smacks of 60's thinking that has taken the Western world towards a state of quiet anarchy, ignorance and the idea that you don't have to work hard. You can also ignore the ideas of men [mostly] who were greater than you are and maybe, if you don't work hard, you will never reach their level of attainment [assuming you have the brains to start off with].

This hubris comes around due to the philosophy of 'take nobodies views, trust no one, make your own judgements' or 'you can be whatever you want to be' plus the myriad other isms the 60's thinkers came up with. We 60's people produced 2 generations who would not take a job as it did not fit their idea of what they wanted to be, until the work force tightened up following the GFC, and now they can't find any sort of job. Our protection and smothering of these youngsters has ensured they are not fitted for doing it tough. To a large extent they have fallen back on the 60's people or their first generation children to smother and protect them from anything unpleasant again!

Better to start off learning and accepting a religions dogma [which I dislike] than ending up in this current nihilism, narcissistic nature and ennui that we see everywhere in the Western world, where hippy ideas of the 60's are now the 'religious' dogma of the new millennium. Where nothing gets done without 14 reams of reports and people will do anything bar the action that takes them somewhere. In my country Australia we have been evaluating a new airport in Sydney for 30 bloody years, most of our infrastructure was built by my parents generation. My parents generation would have built that airport, as they did the Snowy Mountains scheme [one of the great engineering feats in the world]. BTW this scheme still generates electricity for less than $0.01c per Kwh, but we have never used it to it's full capacity as we dislike the idea of the river losing some of its natural flow. We prefer to pay people to install solar energy or wind farms, with a rebate of up to $0.60c per Kwh for householders and millions for foreign companies to build windfarms [how stupid is this?]. Note: our bill for renewable energy is over $1bn per annum, which is paid for by mostly poor people who could not afford to put in solar panels.

We have ignored the lessons of 2 world wars that our parents tried to teach us. We decided that it was a load of rubbish we did not need. Life tends to pay you back for willful inaction, ignoring reality and developing ignorance.

PS what is stopping us from being free and responsible?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Obviously our understandings of self-cherishing are completely alien to one another.
Self-cherishing means attributing selfhood to people, ideas. institutions, things etc.
Imagining they operate under their own steam.

Taking selfhood to Rome, to the Citadel, putting selfhood on the throne and crowning it. Hail Caesar!

ultimately,
I am not, never will be.
I don't have, never will have.

Gross mind (domain) participates.
partakes of causality.
participatory universe.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

No entity operates of its own steam. To be aware of good and evil effects, to participate of the causality, does not mean one believes in a self, rather it is conscious knowledge and conscious action.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

ardy, I'll get back to you in a few days. I'm on the road which means my access to wifi is limited.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Do you play that or does that play you.
like a child obsessed in its game.

that which is grasped and that which grasps at it.
desire to be phenomenal in that 'the properties of a thing are held to be effects on other 'things' ...
there is no 'thing-in-itself'
non duality.

You keep putting self on Caesar's throne.
Self-cherishing.
Last edited by Dennis Mahar on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ardy

Post by ardy »

movingalways wrote:ardy, I'll get back to you in a few days. I'm on the road which means my access to wifi is limited.
No problem, looking forward to it...
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Ardy, what is stopping us from being free and responsible is our refusal to let go of the “mumbo-jumbo” (your reference to religion from another post) of our imagined existence (idea of self) so that we can focus on causing good (wise) effects (whatever we understand them to be) right here, right now. This immediacy of causal wisdom to form what is wise does not deny awareness of history or of wise thinkers that have gone before, it uses whatever causal wisdom it has integrated up until the present moment, with integration being the operative word. Knowledge that is not integrated is hearsay or “they say” - we're back to my void that transcends these things so that integration of cause and effect can take place.

Speaking of the religion of “mumbo-jumbo”, your reasoning that it is better to effect our children with these lies than “ending up in this current nihilism, narcissistic nature and ennui that we see everywhere in the Western world, where hippy ideas of the 60's are now the 'religious' dogma of the new millennium” strikes me as a desire for regression rather than progression. Are you not able to see the good that has come of the “60's” mindset as well as what you perceive to be the evil? Was not the ignorance of hatred based on racism and sexism not exposed in the 60's, the good fruits of which we are reaping today and will continue to reap in the future? Was it not our parents' generation that although they may have been more attentive to concrete issues such as the building of effective and efficient infrastructures, were still caught in the ignorance of judging a person's worth based on gender and colour of skin?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Do you play that or does that play you.
like a child obsessed in its game.

that which is grasped and that which grasps at it.
desire to be phenomenal in that 'the properties of a thing are held to be effects on other 'things' ...
there is no 'thing-in-itself'
non duality.

You keep putting self on Caesar's throne.
Self-cherishing.
Nonsense. Consciousness acting wisely is not self-cherishing. It's consciousness acting wisely, plain and simple.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

A theatre for heroism?
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

A theatre for transcending the darkness of the unknown causality. One calls it heroism when they aren't conscious of metaphysics.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

A script?
Fox

Post by Fox »

movingalways wrote:There is no Transcendent God, there is only God-as-man choosing between an action that produces good fruit (emotions) and one that produces evil fruit (emotions) which he does by transcending his immediate emotional reaction to something and meditating/reasoning (meditation-reasoning = transcendence) upon the various causal possibilities of setting this or that spirit or emotion into motion (action). In other words the task of the wise man is to be the reasoning conscience of causality on the spiritual-emotional realm, the realm of consciousness of life, a task he cannot perform if he is not conscious of both good and evil causal possibilities.

This is why dualism as a philosophy is impossible. Separate God even for one moment from judgment of causality and consciousness of life ceases to exist.
Are, you saying that the Dino-Era had no sense of Rea\lity?

God/ pigmented Earth's founding(s) According to Carl C. Jung. If, the shoe fits/ wear it...I'm nervous. But, the nerves have ending(s)...So, according to the Bible, the prodigal son return(s) to his father and begs...for Servitude...However, witty-that sounds. I'm gracious {eon} enough to be on here...So, statistically, the Dinosoar-s were the founders of earth. Or the originators. What-causes/ effectual emotion(s) is Godl-linked inside every one of us...Pro-Creation.

Ratified by the Dinosoars
Fox

Post by Fox »

Are-

We still, underoath?
Fox

Post by Fox »

movingalways wrote:There is no Transcendent God, there is only God-as-man choosing between an action that produces good fruit (emotions) and one that produces evil fruit (emotions) which he does by transcending his immediate emotional reaction to something and meditating/reasoning (meditation-reasoning = transcendence) upon the various causal possibilities of setting this or that spirit or emotion into motion (action). In other words the task of the wise man is to be the reasoning conscience of causality on the spiritual-emotional realm, the realm of consciousness of life, a task he cannot perform if he is not conscious of both good and evil causal possibilities.

I figured,

Less, is pre-ordained by the Essences'. So, thus, we part-in ways....that, I cannot explain....the Power Of God.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Imagine-

The block(s) which we ordered on the day we became genius.

My thoughts.

" I don't have a mother nor father...."

But,
I was an ordained-

I'm Let. The words come into being-Our,
It's just a matter---Orenholt.

I think-

We breath-

Because, of Livit(s0).
Fox

Post by Fox »