Boldness and Timidity

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Re: Boldness and Timidity

Post by Pam Seeback »

What is related to the topic of this thread is our respective boldness to reason with one another.
Gregory

Re: Boldness and Timidity

Post by Gregory »

Cory Duchesne wrote:An obstacle to wise living is the ancient problem of anger, violence and sadism. We are all come from childhoods and families that are far from perfect.

Most of the contempt, violence and malice we experience seems to come from human beings who are pretending to be something they are not. Boldness (acting confidently) is the solution to all unhappiness.

Showing worry and anxiety over silly things related to status eventually leads to atrocity. As long as we are pretending to be something we are not (afraid of what we really are), ones attempts at boldness will eventually spill into violence and sadism.

I don't necessarily advocate peace. I think boldness will always offend people. The liberation of humanity is not so much encouraging peace, but getting people to act confidently in conformity to their own unique attributes.

Acting confidently in a way that violates basic truths about our physical, intellectual and emotional limitations can only lead to embarrassment, anger and violence.
I'm not quite sure as to why one who is confident with their abilities, would have to act so, if it has become a natural part of their personality or lifestyle. Likewise, anxiety is simply the result of fear, and fear is the result of a lack of confidence and security. Our destiny is not foretold, which instills a natural state of anxiety and fear within the human condition. Some of us, through many failures (or non-worldly revelations) learn to accept this and create our own idea of confidence, while others do not. It's simply the game of life, and what keeps it interesting and worth living.

Nothing is truly handed on a golden platter in life, and for those of us that it is, fail to accept our own abilities to create our own golden platters should someone not be able to provide a golden platter for us one day.