What's the purpose of discussing enlightenment/reality?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Re: What's the purpose of discussing enlightenment/reality?

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis, I am moving always, you are moving always, everyone is moving always, our individual thoughts never touch the same moment. Makes me deeply love the world all this trying to understand one another when in our hearts we know we never will. I didn't answer your question about being and daesin, but then again, maybe I did.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You can understand mood can't you?
That's what is encountered in the meeting of dasein's.
being-there mooded.

thought, word, deed disclosing mood.

being-in-action
love-in-action
wisdom-in-action

what goes unrecognised by the mysogynist is power is handed over to women rendering the mysogynist powerless and bleeding.
such is the way of prejudice/aversion/preference.
not wisdom.
iamforhereithink

Post by iamforhereithink »

If , in essence, Being is ones relationship between consciousness and the real and imaginary world , then Being is infinitely variable in each individual being
Which leads me to consider that Being = Awareness and Perception of present and past phenomena at every passing present moment in time which can be influenced by so many things that it makes me wonder how any one being has any one thing in common with any other being ?
Which makes me think that they don't ever really, but what they do have is an innate need for copulative or cerebral union and are prepared to compromise to quite large degrees as long as their egos or organs are being rubbed/rewarded in the appropriate manner at any given time in their existence which in effect gives their existence and being a reason more to be !
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The dasein conflict is centred in belief structures/facticity or conditioned mind.
The created 'I am' is the source of trouble.
Uncreate it.

Being is 'the party'
Factical Dasein's hang around in little groups divided, afraid, cagey, suspicious.
'The party' is calm abiding.
Factical Dasein's get rough for their protection rackets concerning beliefs, Supply problems.

The various factical dasein groups being-there at 'the party' with their respective heirarchical roles and practices wearing costumes is too funny for words.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Dennis Mahar wrote:That would be your opinion.
your position is habitually coming from I'm OK, You're Not OK.
But did you think my position was correct or not? Tough one, I know.

Really, it's time for you to stop blabbing. Eternally dissatisfied ego which is only able to deal in secondhand bits and pieces of understanding, chewing them down further into blubber while suggesting everyone does the same. It's a disgusting habit you have there!

The host already asked you to leave but you didn't. Here you still are, stuck up with suck up. Why not just let the "project" go?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Bargaining?
supply problem.
I'm OK You're Not is prejudicial.
silly
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:Bargaining?
supply problem.
I'm OK You're Not is prejudicial.
silly
So you're good and open minded but I'm silly and prejudicial.

Your particular idiocy: is it collapsing yet? Or does it need more repeat by you to prop it up?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Listen pal
I'm generally clear of perjorative judgement
I look at conditions.
I'm OK you're not is silly as it turns out, a games condition.
I and you are imputed.

If there's a bargaining statement there's a concern about supply.

The sticking point here is 'wise mysogyny'.

in order to for the sake of?
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote: I'm generally clear of perjorative judgement
I look at conditions.
You judge conditions then. Same thing. Just make sure you don't run out of supply. The way to accomplish this is to keep writing here.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

His comments are fit to be read only, reason clearly shows Dennis is to generally be ignored.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I look at conditions.
Inquiry.
submissions to inquiry.

attack is considered the best form of defense willy nilly.
what is being protected?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

movingalways wrote: all this trying to understand one another when in our hearts we know we never will.

Although you just wrote about impermanence, above seems to imply some kind of lasting or different personality to be understood. There is nothing to understand that you can't know from existence-experiencing, there is the arising and passing of varying formations, and nothing else. Which means no ego, no personal qualities or "my/your heart". If we are speaking in terms of a 'true' self, it would be impossible to make a distinction between one another. Hence why there is understanding of 'other' in the first place, it is also why one is able to know the same truth applies not only to oneself.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Pam,
Dennis, I am moving always, you are moving always, everyone is moving always, our individual thoughts never touch the same moment. Makes me deeply love the world all this trying to understand one another when in our hearts we know we never will. I didn't answer your question about being and daesin, but then again, maybe I did.
The Buddha taught emptiness/bliss.
you got it.
Diebert van Rhijn

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:His comments are fit to be read only, reason clearly shows Dennis is to generally be ignored.
My reason shows they're normally not fit even to be read. But when I do, there's a compulsion to clean up, like after ones dog outside in a city. Sanitation, politeness toward others and so on. Not really because of some important purpose, I do admit.

Hey, back from Kelly's forum? I noticed she closed it because it cannot remain open in times when she's not there to keep the pixels stuck on the screen for others? LOL.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Pam,
The Buddha taught emptiness/bliss.
you got it.
And then out of the universal intuitive getting of emptiness (rest) comes the ocean of emptiness word structures (motion), each one individual according to the uncounted unseen causes and conditions that give it birth. Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing our attempts to give one another our moment-by-moment truth-story of emptiness, just the opposite, I celebrate their defaulted contrasts. No contrast, no movement.

Another way of saying what I said above is we suffer to give birth to our eternal truth baby to be blessed again and again with the eternal joy-glory of its innocent baby-face.

Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Yes, causality isn't linear,
a myriad causes ripen, a welling up.

the countless meaning towers are interesting for Storyville.
the truth tho' is shocking at first and soon settles blissfully.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:
movingalways wrote: all this trying to understand one another when in our hearts we know we never will.

Although you just wrote about impermanence, above seems to imply some kind of lasting or different personality to be understood. There is nothing to understand that you can't know from existence-experiencing, there is the arising and passing of varying formations, and nothing else. Which means no ego, no personal qualities or "my/your heart". If we are speaking in terms of a 'true' self, it would be impossible to make a distinction between one another. Hence why there is understanding of 'other' in the first place, it is also why one is able to know the same truth applies not only to oneself.
Anyone who understands emptiness and impermanence understands that "we" or "I" is nothing but the arising and passing of formations. Wisdom 101. Now what? Where does the awakened one go from here? The "I" must continue its story of life, it has no choice, Will calls it forth from Rest into Motion. And, like the tower of Babel illustrates, no two wisdom movements are perfectly in sync. Look at the many discourses you and I have had on the subject of suffering.

Dennis is given a hard time here on Genius for his mantra of bliss, myself included, but at its heart, there is a deep truth that I believe he is hoping we'll all see. The deep truth that because of wisdom's intrinsic/default survival instinct, we are actually in accord with divine law when we answer one another from the position of contrast. And that if we come to our story with the understanding of contrast's necessity in mind, that our response will come from the mood of love/acceptance, not hate/rejection. Dennis, please don't hesitate to straighten me out if I am being crooked with your meaning of bliss. :-)
Last edited by Pam Seeback on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Yes, causality isn't linear,
a myriad causes ripen, a welling up.

the countless meaning towers are interesting for Storyville.
the truth tho' is shocking at first and soon settles blissfully.
I think my arrow hit Dennis' bliss target.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The thing is the possibility imputing mind has for generating wonderful environments gets missed.
Emptiness actually means harmonious relations in effect.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

I say po-tah-to
You say po-tay-to
Ashes, ashes,
We all fall down
Into wisdom love
For the sake
of getting up again
Wisdom's resurrection story
Of reasoning her life;
Eternal, infinite
Without beginning
Without ending
Female in male
Male in female
Contrast moving in light
Perfectly imperfect
Let's go...
Diebert van Rhijn

movingalways wrote:Dennis is given a hard time here on Genius for his mantra of bliss, myself included, but at its heart, there is a deep truth that I believe he is hoping we'll all see.
Most of the time I give him stick because he's not applying reason and thought on what's still a discussion forum. He seems to think he can insert something else through what's in the end just pretty crummy broken prose. Not even the qualitative skill for Zen poetry or rhyme and rhythm - which should be enough reason not to keep pretending. It's laziness, the signs of a mind which has given up to do any further work: generally a sign of strong attachments keeping that behavior in place, the illusion to have arrived at some place beyond. Of course in the end this is just the way I'm interpreting it, not trying to say I'm clairvoyant. That's another reason to be precise when expressing ourselves and not lose oneself in poetry. The few times Dennis starts to do actually philosophy or analysis the errors pop up more clearly but which he then continues to ignore even when pointed out. It all turned out to be very mediocre when examined, perhaps the worst error of all: not being wrong but not saying anything at all.

It's plain message board abuse wrapped up as miss bliss. And there's a very normal, natural reaction to that arising: "hard times".
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Deep down Dasein feels crippled.
the acting out is that.
divided,
riven.
afflictive emotion.
mental justifiers.

protection racket.
Diebert van Rhijn

Dennis Mahar wrote:Deep down Dasein feels crippled.
That's what you do: wrapping complexity around a fairly common term like dukkha or suffering, relocating it to some obscure location "deep down" and attribute failure to it, like some injury. It's really a position with too much error. The art is to simplify it to essential understanding: the genius of a matter.

Dukkha, as "crippling", is linked to every perception that is clingable, offering sustenance, and accompanied with mental fermentation (proliferation of form or word). It can only be understood, not "solved" since its very nature is ignorance and not some loose screw to adjust. The nature of the screw is to burrow a hole and get stuck. The "problem" is therefore only ignorance and not some "feeling" of being crippled or blissful.

As you should realize: crippling and bliss both produce each other: under every moment of your bliss, even when presented as "emptiness", lies a deep hatred and rejection. One is fueled by and responding to the other: a coping, an ancient formula, like opium! It's fundamental and human, no shame in discovering it and it might be an essential step for anyone moving forward with deeper understanding.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

I agree that consciousness of emptiness is not a solution to the problem of consciousness which is that of being contrast dependent. Even at its most fundamental level of sense or metaphysical observation consciousness must distinguish itself in order to be/survive. Even emptiness has contrasts.

Which brings us here to discuss/contrast our understanding of That with other understandings of That. To come to the table with one's fullness of understanding of the effects of contrast on consciousness and be prepared to either have our current understanding confirmed/strengthened or questioned/weakened. Contrast is the life of consciousness: pitch me your life, I'll pitch you mine.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

As you should realize: crippling and bliss both produce each other: under every moment of your bliss, even when presented as "emptiness", lies a deep hatred and rejection. One is fueled by and responding to the other: a coping, an ancient formula, like opium! It's fundamental and human, no shame in discovering it and it might be an essential step for anyone moving forward with deeper understanding.
What crap.
That's your projection.
What you agreed to that you borrowed from wikipedia or some source like that.
Resigned to.
Held in custody.
A custodial sentence.

Dasein is Tool-Being.
We are Tools.

Generators.
Bliss is generated.
Suffering is generated.

Out of Stillness all pleasures and sorrows cascade.
What's on the menu for imputing mind?

Quinn holds himself as Tool-Being,
as machinery-knower,
as generator of wisdom concerning World as nuts and bolts.
When he says 'trust in the infinite' he means whack 100 litres of clean fuel in the tank.

You'll get it when you get it.