Logic and faith produce wakeful rest

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Pam Seeback

Logic and faith produce wakeful rest

Post by Pam Seeback »

Logic and faith work together to produce the fruit of enlightenment: wakeful rest in knowledge of one's infinite nature. Being awake in rest is the important definition distinction between enlightened rest and unenlightened rest (physical rest of the emotional body).

Logic: The method by which one contrasts their knowledge of being of infinite causes with their deluded experience of craving for/clinging to a particular thing or cause (ignorance).

Faith: The non-thinking, non-emotional named state of being that supports one as logic works to remove the delusion of emotional attachment.

Rest: When logic has successfully removed all traces of the stress of name-and-form clinging, faith and logic are finished of their active purpose and one rests in their knowledge of being of infinite causes (one is awake).

Note to those who interpret the forms of "ignorance" as being bad or wrong or evil or a mistake: because forms of ignorance like forms of logic, faith and rest are caused "by the infinite", by default, they are of equal value to Its "I." While It struggles to come to rest, however, it is usually necessary to place more value on forms of logic and faith than on those of ignorance.

Note to those who interpret knowledge of wakeful rest as being robotic, cold or machine like: one way of describing wakeful rest is that it is spirit-unattached-and-engaged, regardless if thinking is being caused or not.
Kunga

Re: Logic and faith produce wakeful rest

Post by Kunga »

Are you Omnipresent, Omnisciencent, and Omnipotent ?
If so....what am I drinking now ?

:)

edited to add another Omni
Last edited by Kunga on Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
windhawk

Re: Logic and faith produce wakeful rest

Post by windhawk »

Is "wake-full rest" a polar opposite of "slumbering malevolence?"

As the Bee Gees told us, "It's only words, but words are all I have to steal your heart away."